E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #41
Crespo5190

My Ride: 2001 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post

Lastly, I don't get the point of the cheesy bread/breadsticks that pizza fast food restaurants serve. Cheese + bread, dipped into tomato sauce, is basically just pizza. It's like getting pizza with a side of pizza. I think it's dumb.
How dare you hate on breadsticks you bastard!!!!! Lol breadsticks are good dude.

I hate fvcken beans!! I'm Mexican and I hate beans and what!

Sent from my PH44100 using Bimmer App
Old 07-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #42
StrummerE46

My Ride: 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to StrummerE46
I hate anything with a reduction, demiglace or creme fresh.

I hate restaurants that charge ridiculous prices for peasant or farmer food so that the yuppies that eat there can feel like they're being multicultural. I hate the watered down Americanized food they serve there.

braucht mehr low
StrummerE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
i just tried the durian ice cream. it wasnt pleasant
Old 07-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
I hate eating rat poison it's disgusting
Mmm quality foods
Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #45
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Ok here is a good one: Hawaiian BBQ. WTF?

Lemme get this straight, you guys just basically took spam, BBQ and mac and cheese from the white people, terriyaki and white rice from the Japanese and smashed everything together into this unoriginal and boring hodgepodge of foods I have already eaten before. The whole thing just seems like a waste of time.

Potato Salad.. Fatty, smelly, acrid, slimy and cold. No thanks.
Mayonnaise.. See above. Also overpowering.
Hawaiian BBQ is pretty much a korean-style preparation.
Mac and cheese doesn't really show up in Hawaiian Plate Lunch food. Mac Salad, which is a standard side dish is just Macaroni and mayo...anything else added and it gets further from the original style.

Spam is so popular in Hawaii because for many during the war years it was the only meat they could get. Also it was a staple in the Japanese Internment camps so those japanese got used to it and since many of them eventually moved to/back to Hawaii, they brought that familiar canned meat with them and it became a normal item in Hawaii.

Hawaii is a melting pot of many different cultures so "Local" cuisine reflects this.
They were "fusion" before fusion became hip.
Out of all the States, Hawaii is the most like a melting-pot...CA thinks it is but it is so large that different nationalities can form their own communities that don't really "Melt" into the rest. Hawaii is an island so there isn't that option.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 07-07-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #46
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
I'm not afraid to try new things regardless of look or smell, I wouldn't be a Foodie in training otherwise. How can you know what you may or may not like until you try it?

I hate beans and will eat as few as I can if I can't pick them out.
Pale vegetables...I like leafy-green veggies, the darker-green the better like Chard or Spinach. Pale-ass lettuce is a waste of space and time to me.
Raw Tomato...used to like the cherry tomato as a kid, but can't stand any raw tomato now.

White-Meat chicken, will eat it if I have to but I prefer dark meat.
Natto...Japanese fermented soy-beans.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 07-07-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #47
nlav26

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrummerE46 View Post
i FVCKING HATE iceberg lettuce. i hate it. it turns brown when u cut it and its left for a few minutes, and when places put it on hot food, it wilts and gets slimy. i can smell it from 50 feet away when its warm, smells like fertilizer. i fvcking refuse to eat anything thats touched it. i can't even order tacos or burgers anywhere because they make them with lettuce, and then the lazy fvcks that work there just take the lettuce off and serve it. i can tell, it smells like fertilizer. or theyll leave a tiny piece on, and mid chew ill taste it and have to spit it all out and then throw away whatever i was eating.

i hate kidneys too. one time when i was drunk i walked into an english pub and ordered a steak and kidney pie, thinking it would be steak and beans. i found these big white chunks of **** in it, and because i was drunk i ate it. the next day my mouth tasted like piss and nothing i did would make it go away. then my gf made some fvcked up thai food and put little tiny kidneys in it, and told me it was liver so id eat it. then it tasted like piss for another day.

licorice is fvcking nasty so are regular twizzlers. so is jelly beans, mike & ikes, any of that nasty textured sh!t. jello is also equally disgusting.

limburger cheese. seriously who was hungry enough to eat something that smells like hot garbage? we bought it as a joke to try it and as soon as i put it on my tongue, my gag reflex made me vom and we fed the cheese to ducks.

apples fvcking suck. they taste like water chestnuts but bitter and gross. cantaloupe leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. store bought oranges taste like sh!t, so does any citrus from california. cherry tomatoes are gross- i remember getting these at the salad bar in elementary school and biting into them and that goo shooting into my mouth and throwing up. fruit cake sucks too.

krab. not crab, that fake **** krab. disgusting. stop cheaping out and get real crab.

white meat chicken is garbage. everyone in my family refuses to eat dark meat because its "cheap", but they eat stringy tasteless dry white meat that they cook until its dry as cardboard.

when people overcook asparagus, brussel sprouts or broccoli. it gets squishy and it smells like sh!t. when it smells, it means you've overcooked it!! i also hate when dumbasses boil eggs too much and the yolk turns green and it smells like sh!t.

bagels. wtf? boiled then baked chewy dough? my fvcking jaw hurts afterwards. fvck bagels.

flavored chips and crackers. only fat fvcks buy this crap. doritos, flavored tostitos, idc its all for fat people. flavored chips remind me of fat people and bad breath. beef jerky pretty much sucks too. it doesnt taste like much, and u cant chew it without killing your jaw, and god forbid u ever leave a bag open in your car by accident. your car smells like a rhino fart for a month.

fruit juice from concentrate. NASTY AS FVCK. it doesn't even taste like juice, its like fruit flavored lysol.

flavor ice. goddamn i was tortured through elementary and preschool with this crap. i HATE IT. it tastes like frozen robitussin. i also hate grape juice and those shitty danish cookies that come in a blue tin. and the little crunchy pretzels. UGH. school snacks r sh!t.

2 liters of soda. after you first open it, the soda tastes flat and gross. get cans or smaller bottles that youll drink in that sitting.

chex mix. this includes nasty flavored chips and pretzels and crackers.

croissants. they taste burnt.

turkey in recipes that call for beef. youre not fooling anyone, and the extra bit of fat and calories you cut arent worth it. stop being stupid.

anything organic or free range. its a godd@mn scam. its pretentious, lame and overpriced.

when people use dried herbs in italian cooking, or oregano in their sauce. oregano makes it taste like crap and gives it a dry flavor. stop being cheap and get some fresh herbs. freeze what you dont use thats fresh, and break it out when u need it.

thats all i can think of for now. i do however, LOVE durian, tofu, natto, chicken livers, curry, eating potatoes raw, chicken feet, anything with fish sauce on/in it, goat and lamb, sushi and any raw seafood and a bunch of other sh!t other people think is gross. i basically hate food that people eat to be half ass or lazy, and i hate short cuts in cooking.
^ this guy doesnt like doritos quite possibly the best snack food out there.

And bagels? how can you not love a bagel with cream cheese or some egg and pork roll on it?

Flavor ICE!!?? Thats like a national past time
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #48
StrummerE46

My Ride: 330ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to StrummerE46
1) doritos are disgusting fat people food
2) because they taste like sh1t and are too chewy
3) disgusting

braucht mehr low
StrummerE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #49
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
I hate going to a fancy restaurant and seeing chicken breast on the menu . . or grilled white fish. Because if I wanted to eat a fricking chicken breast with basic veggies, I could do that at home for about $4 and it would taste virtually identical to what they are serving. And the fish is always insanely expensive and, like the chicken breast, served in a really boring fashion. It pisses me off, because I imagine that if they didn't have those two dishes, they would probably have something awesome on there instead. The worst is when you go to some event where they only have two or three entree options - and one of them is always the chicken breast.

Other things that piss me off: insanely expensive caviar. I mean, caviar is good and all, but you just know that if it cost $5 a lb, barely anyone would eat it.

Scrambled egg sushi - and sushi with that brown bean cake thing on it. Especially when you see an otherwise awesome sushi combo platter, and there's that fvcking egg sushi in the corner, taking up all that room that could be used for a spicy tuna roll or something awesome.

Sandwiches at jewish delis - the ones that are just 3/4 lbs of deli meat piled 5 inches high on rye bread with nothing else. And the people who rave about how awesome they are. It's like eating a plate of pastrami with a fork and chasing it with a tiny slice of crappy bread. A decent sandwich needs a balance of at least 5 different ingredients.

Clam chowder at restaurants - especially clam chowder that anyone says is the best in town/world/etc. Because clams and clam juice are expensive, so restaurants have to cut it with extra milk, potatoes, flour and butter . . so no matter what you're getting at that restaurant, it's a diluted down fake version of proper clam chowder. Anything you make at home, with generous amounts of clams and juice, is almost guaranteed to be better than what a restaurant is making.

Spaghetti - I know it's identical to every other pasta except for its shape, but for some reason it almost always sucks. Can't hold sauce well, tricky to cook right.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Sandwiches at jewish delis - the ones that are just 3/4 lbs of deli meat piled 5 inches high on rye bread with nothing else. And the people who rave about how awesome they are. It's like eating a plate of pastrami with a fork and chasing it with a tiny slice of crappy bread. A decent sandwich needs a balance of at least 5 different ingredients.
Some would argue that a sandwich with 5 ingredients isn't a sandwich, more of a salad on bread. I personally love the Jewish pastrami sandwiches but that is just my preference.

I hate cilantro. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get myself to eat that crap.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #51
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
I hate foods that make 9/10 ppl in America fat. It is the food after all, right?

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 AM   #52
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
I hate going to a fancy restaurant and seeing chicken breast on the menu . . or grilled white fish. Because if I wanted to eat a fricking chicken breast with basic veggies, I could do that at home for about $4 and it would taste virtually identical to what they are serving. And the fish is always insanely expensive and, like the chicken breast, served in a really boring fashion. It pisses me off, because I imagine that if they didn't have those two dishes, they would probably have something awesome on there instead. The worst is when you go to some event where they only have two or three entree options - and one of them is always the chicken breast.

Other things that piss me off: insanely expensive caviar. I mean, caviar is good and all, but you just know that if it cost $5 a lb, barely anyone would eat it.

Scrambled egg sushi - and sushi with that brown bean cake thing on it. Especially when you see an otherwise awesome sushi combo platter, and there's that fvcking egg sushi in the corner, taking up all that room that could be used for a spicy tuna roll or something awesome.

Clam chowder at restaurants - especially clam chowder that anyone says is the best in town/world/etc. Because clams and clam juice are expensive, so restaurants have to cut it with extra milk, potatoes, flour and butter . . so no matter what you're getting at that restaurant, it's a diluted down fake version of proper clam chowder. Anything you make at home, with generous amounts of clams and juice, is almost guaranteed to be better than what a restaurant is making.

Spaghetti - I know it's identical to every other pasta except for its shape, but for some reason it almost always sucks. Can't hold sauce well, tricky to cook right.
i feel the same way about the scrambled egg and "brown bean cake" (it's tofu) sushi. i dont like california rolls for the same reason. theyre by far the most trifling selections on any sushi menu

love huge kosher deli sandwiches and clam chowder though, but that brings up another point. as a new yorker, it shames me to say that manhattan clam chowder freaking sucks. i wish they would rename it to new jersey clam chowder just to disassociate it from my freakin state.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #53
VllNUS

My Ride: 02 325i
Onions.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #54
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
1. Red Onions (White or Vidalia are always better IMO...they still have great flavor but do not explode your tastebuds).

2. Cilantro

3. Mayonnaise and "the other mayonnaise" (If I had the Delorean I would go back in time to the person who invented it and would kill them...that's how much I hate mayo).

4. Margarine (stop being cheap and buy the facking real thing!)

5. Cheap fish (think Pollock or Cod)

6. Brussels Sprouts

7. Sweet Potatoes (so sue me...)

8. McDonalds...the entire freaking restaurant

9. Large Crab Legs and Lobster (gimme Maryland Blue Crab all day long over that overpriced under-flavored crustacean of a rip-off)

10. Expensive food at a cheap restaurant (it's a conundrum...they just should stop doing it...no one will buy it).

11. Arugula Salad (it tastes like bad dirt unlike Iceberg or Romaine. I think it's flat out disgusting and overpowering).

12. Olives (have you ever smelled an olive??? Oddly, I love Olive oil)

13. Sardines

14. 70/30 Ground Beef (Oh the HORROR...just try an cook that gelatinous pile of cow fat... why not be a little healthier and buy 93/7 for everything [minus burgers which really do need 80/20 or 85/15])

15. Soured Milk (it's wrong not because it is in of itself sour but because it tricks you into believing it isn't sour!)

16. Reheated fried food (it's an atrocity, please don't do it...leftovers have a threshold they have to pass to be edible...reheated fried food should be illegal).

17. Cherries (I dunno why but I really don't like eating cherries. I'm in the superminority on this one).
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #55
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
I don't hate anything particular... anything, if done right, can be good.

I will say tho, unless it is brined for 24-48 hours, or fried, there isn't much you can do for chicken breast.

Other than that, i can find a way to enjoy something no matter what it is....
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #56
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
Mayo, but I like sauces made with it...like Japanese shrimp sauce.

Eggs- cooked any way. Just the concept totally disgusts me

Ordering sushi with "crab" and it's the fake red/white fish stick instead...I will send my "sushi" back and order something else or leave

Vegetable soup or Tomato Soup
Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #57
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Reading this thread makes me grateful that I like almost everything, as long as it's prepared well.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
I do not like Swiss Cheese except on a rueben.
Most fish(except for raw fish, I could live off of sushi)
How restaurants make or call stuff crab cakes
Lemon sauces
Lemon in my water(absolutely hate it and it ruins water yeah I know im like the only person in the world)
Tomatoes 99% of the time
Lettuce on anything but a salad or lettuce wraps
Grilled Chicken breast is just terrible

Quote:
I hate going to a fancy restaurant and seeing chicken breast on the menu . . or grilled white fish. And the fish is always insanely expensive and, like the chicken breast, served in a really boring fashion. It pisses me off, because I imagine that if they didn't have those two dishes, they would probably have something awesome on there instead.

It's funny, but most of the white fishes at higher end restaurants(Dover Sole(real sole not some bs a place is calling sole), sea bass and grouper are actually extremely expensive to buy wholesale $15-20lb for quality fish. I agree with you though and never order any of that at restaurants. but my mom gets the dumb bland chicken dish all the time. I don't know how she always eats it, so boring.

Haha I love jewish deli sandwiches and actually usually don't like a ton of ingredients on my sandwiches(I hate L/T on anything other then a good cold cut and half the time I don't like it on there).

I completely agree with you about spaghetti I never buy it always buy a different type of pasta.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #59
chesmari

My Ride: 1999 323i
Can never get used to the smell of durian.
There's only a few oysters that I enjoy, kumamoto for me is very good with its mild sweet flavor. Most oysters are just to briny for me.
Kiwi I'd rather not have, just because.

Ryan
chesmari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrummerE46 View Post
i FVCKING HATE iceberg lettuce. i hate it. it turns brown when u cut it and its left for a few minutes, and when places put it on hot food, it wilts and gets slimy. i can smell it from 50 feet away when its warm, smells like fertilizer. i fvcking refuse to eat anything thats touched it. i can't even order tacos or burgers anywhere because they make them with lettuce, and then the lazy fvcks that work there just take the lettuce off and serve it. i can tell, it smells like fertilizer. or theyll leave a tiny piece on, and mid chew ill taste it and have to spit it all out and then throw away whatever i was eating.

i hate kidneys too. one time when i was drunk i walked into an english pub and ordered a steak and kidney pie, thinking it would be steak and beans. i found these big white chunks of **** in it, and because i was drunk i ate it. the next day my mouth tasted like piss and nothing i did would make it go away. then my gf made some fvcked up thai food and put little tiny kidneys in it, and told me it was liver so id eat it. then it tasted like piss for another day.

licorice is fvcking nasty so are regular twizzlers. so is jelly beans, mike & ikes, any of that nasty textured sh!t. jello is also equally disgusting.

limburger cheese. seriously who was hungry enough to eat something that smells like hot garbage? we bought it as a joke to try it and as soon as i put it on my tongue, my gag reflex made me vom and we fed the cheese to ducks.

apples fvcking suck. they taste like water chestnuts but bitter and gross. cantaloupe leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. store bought oranges taste like sh!t, so does any citrus from california. cherry tomatoes are gross- i remember getting these at the salad bar in elementary school and biting into them and that goo shooting into my mouth and throwing up. fruit cake sucks too.

krab. not crab, that fake **** krab. disgusting. stop cheaping out and get real crab.

white meat chicken is garbage. everyone in my family refuses to eat dark meat because its "cheap", but they eat stringy tasteless dry white meat that they cook until its dry as cardboard.

when people overcook asparagus, brussel sprouts or broccoli. it gets squishy and it smells like sh!t. when it smells, it means you've overcooked it!! i also hate when dumbasses boil eggs too much and the yolk turns green and it smells like sh!t.

bagels. wtf? boiled then baked chewy dough? my fvcking jaw hurts afterwards. fvck bagels.

flavored chips and crackers. only fat fvcks buy this crap. doritos, flavored tostitos, idc its all for fat people. flavored chips remind me of fat people and bad breath. beef jerky pretty much sucks too. it doesnt taste like much, and u cant chew it without killing your jaw, and god forbid u ever leave a bag open in your car by accident. your car smells like a rhino fart for a month.

fruit juice from concentrate. NASTY AS FVCK. it doesn't even taste like juice, its like fruit flavored lysol.

flavor ice. goddamn i was tortured through elementary and preschool with this crap. i HATE IT. it tastes like frozen robitussin. i also hate grape juice and those shitty danish cookies that come in a blue tin. and the little crunchy pretzels. UGH. school snacks r sh!t.

2 liters of soda. after you first open it, the soda tastes flat and gross. get cans or smaller bottles that youll drink in that sitting.

chex mix. this includes nasty flavored chips and pretzels and crackers.

croissants. they taste burnt.

turkey in recipes that call for beef. youre not fooling anyone, and the extra bit of fat and calories you cut arent worth it. stop being stupid.

anything organic or free range. its a godd@mn scam. its pretentious, lame and overpriced.

when people use dried herbs in italian cooking, or oregano in their sauce. oregano makes it taste like crap and gives it a dry flavor. stop being cheap and get some fresh herbs. freeze what you dont use thats fresh, and break it out when u need it.

thats all i can think of for now. i do however, LOVE durian, tofu, natto, chicken livers, curry, eating potatoes raw, chicken feet, anything with fish sauce on/in it, goat and lamb, sushi and any raw seafood and a bunch of other sh!t other people think is gross. i basically hate food that people eat to be half ass or lazy, and i hate short cuts in cooking.
Goddan* dude. Me and my girl laughed so f*cking hard reading this just now!