E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 2.36 average. Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #141
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Spitting out your parents views as your own, cute. You're way out of your depth here. Our military spending is getting more and more countries to despise us, is killing our own citizens, and is making no progress in either of the two wars we are currently fighting. You don't have to be against military action to want to end these two wars. It's funny that you think older members of our society being taken care of is wasteful and "abusive". Furthermore- military spending is projected to be some 400 billion higher than medicare spending this year.
We have to thank your government for the low fuel prices. And if it wasn't for them, China would give you a second Pearl Harbor in the not so distant future.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #142
Zanestrizz

My Ride: 325xi
Im 21 but bought my car 3 years ago when i was 18 i wasnt in highschool be ause im a dropout but i did go to college for a while. I have dreamed of bmws since i was about 5 years old esp an m but that just wasnt practical to have as my only car because of snow although i wish i did get one because i bought a 2500hd last year to plow and work in. I got ejected from a friends jetta when i was 16 broke 4 vertabrae in my back major head injury punctured lung broken ribs broken leg ankle foot wrist and road rash all over my body head to foot so i deserve my car and literally broke my back for it my parents are not poor but more like lower middle class i bought my truck my car paid a few months rent in between jobs and my money was gone i got completely screwed on my settlement and would never have gone through what i did for the measley 25k i suffered/almost died for which i will never be the same from im no little girl i never ***** about pain i work constrction 5 days a week i pay for my own 1 br apartment ky own insurance all my own mods all my own food all my own everything i have been since i was a teenagaer i moved oit when i was 17 and an completely independent.....this thread really pisses me off i u derstand there are many kids given things but do not assume they all are cuz you dont know the stories you are all the children all immature getting mad bein pricks go f yourselves bunch of old stuck up hating morons that cant be happy for someone becuase theyre younger and have the car that YOU must think is some badass hotrod and hate to see somebody young driving it you make me sick go buy your f30 an gfto out of e46 fanatics this site has helped me with a lot of diys but i cant stand the outright full of themself douchebags this forum is filled with like do you have nothing better to do than say dumb **** that does nobody any good? Howbout i go cop a payment and buy myself an f30? What would you do then mr anybody i see thats young and has nice things had to have had them handed to them?
Zanestrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #143
DE46M3guy

My Ride: E46 M3
Just graduate got an M3. I'm paying for it
DE46M3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #144
Zanestrizz

My Ride: 325xi
It may be a 9 year old car but everytime i get pulled over i always get the how the hell did you get this question....and you know what? At the time i bought a 6 year old car with 100k on it..i could have gotten a brand new hyundai or some pos but i didnt because i loved bmws just as much as i loved muscle cars when i was a kid itsnot a lamboghini or anything even close its a stylish well built classy ultimate DRIVERS car that will last me as long as i want it to with care and maintenance i love my car and not becuase its a bmw or its "ballin" or im a showoff or any reasons you may think other than its a fckin awesome car!!! I will admit its a great car for your dck when your young women see it just like the cops do and wonder how the hell did you get this you must be rich but in all reality i paid 11k for it and that is NOT expensive or unreasonable for a young person to afford i chose a 100k bimmer over a brand new throw away car as far as im concerned anyone who thinks im rich thinks i think my cars a lambo for driving the car i drive is not a smart person and therfore id rather stay away from em anyway till they butt in in these situations...just gtfo and go buy a porsche or something you wont have to worry about a kid driving because you must think that your last weeks bmw is somethin it is not
Zanestrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #145
austinadrew11

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_E46Fan View Post
Are you going to park in a row like we do at our school???

3 e46's and 2 Audi's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	552043_443665765649429_65962076_n.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	459912  
austinadrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #146
austinadrew11

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
That's great.
A redneck can come over and pour one bucket of paint on all of them in one shot.
Don't be trolling dude!
austinadrew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #147
Crespo5190

My Ride: 2001 325CI
I remember driving an oldsmobile Buick to high school till I upgraded. 5 months later. :cool:
Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #148
JayPitch

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
I have no problem with the original thread started by the op, but this is trending towards the "I'm driving my parents car and pretending I own it" contingent that is universally mocked.
Yes my 325i is under my dad's name to save on insurance. But it doesn't mean I drive their car. I was ridiculously lucky to get a 2002 325i sport package with 87,000 miles for $7250CAD and even luckier my dad paid for half of it. But they have their own cars and they don't want me anywhere near them. Mom's got an '08 grand cherokee diesel and dad's got an '06 F350. Dad got me this car because they don't really want me driving theirs.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #149
JayPitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by biMMer4.4i View Post
Umm it's my car being that I paid for it. If you are a teenager and the car is in your name you are a complete f***tard because of the effect it has on insurance.
Couldn't have said it any better myself
Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #150
JayPitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_E46Fan View Post
Wow...your cool. I dont understand why people hate on us. Most of us are responsible and probably maintain our cars more/better than some adults. I am responsible and have never really abused my car by racing. I love my car and i have it cause i paid for every cent of it.
I felt like when I drove in the nicest car my schools auto shop has ever seen, it was fair. The kids at my school know nothing about cars and if anybody was entitled at my school to drive and own a car like this, it was me. I know more about this car than some of the immigrants that drive their parents $50,000 mercedes to school. I've been able to drive since I was 13 and able to drive a manual since I was 14. I've never scratched a car in my life. I've driven more than 6 different cars 4 of them before I even had a liscence. And if you haters wanna start staining me for driving illegally then go ahead. My experience makes me better than 99% of the drivers my age and it's kept this 16yo's e46 mint.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #151
M3JetBlack

My Ride: 2002 M3 & 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinadrew11 View Post
Thats awesome! I wish i had a pic of ours. Maybe this september when school starts

6MT / Black Interior / Black Kidney / Black Gills / Kinesis K27 18x10.5 18x12 / ST Coilovers / TMS Camber Plates / Rogue El Diablo / AP Headers / AR25 / VCSL / CSL Diffuser / Iconz Front Lip / OEM LED Taillights / Orion V2 / MotorWerks Tuned / Alpha N / Nexus 7 / V1 Stealth

- Washington State -
M3JetBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #152
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Don't pay any mind to a$$tards like Mangoo fellas, just take it as a life lesson that no matter how old you get there will always be pathetic insecure losers who get all their joy from trying to assert some form of superiority over other people based on their own preconceived and utterly pointless system of highly situational ethics (and yes it is possible to be both preconceived and fluid - its always about how they're better).

Their favorite weapon of choice is the Internet, followed second by some sort of highly jaded and defensive political association. Another life lesson you'll learn however is that arguing religion and politics is largely pointless as you'll never change anyone's mind, they have to change it for themselves. That said, four more years and f the powers that be (and yes my grandparents were from Canada, but there's few thing such as my kids that I love more than the USA, the greatest country ever invented, say what you will now, but we led the world in freedom and saved it all twice).

My car in HS was called the Mass Bay Transit Authority, better known as the bus, except for when I'd steal my moms helladope Plymouth Sundance, lol. My sophomore year in college my bro handed me his 83 vw Scirocco with 185k on it for a handshake and I loved it and lived it and thrashed it and omg fixed it for four more years up to about 250k - MA state police took it from me for unpaid excise tax and parking tickets, most of which were ironically landed outside the place where I worked 60 hour weeks to pay for school.

I've pretty much always had German cars but always bought them used, for cash, and driven them until impossible or impractical. For the first ten years of my career I worked in journalism for a series of very well known companies covering the information technology revolution - and making squat. Kids I knew who had do-nothing jobs during the economic boom times or generous parents had all the toys. I worked nights as a bartender and bouncer to buy motorcycles starting with a $125 Honda and moving up through a series of Ducatis, the best of which I still own.

I'm 38 and I bought my 01 330i with 50k on it in 2010 for $13,000. I am modding it to taste and can give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks about it. I whip it like a impetuous burro to and fro my current job in marketing where I earn a sizable salary and hold numerous stock options which will be worth something someday soon, likely in the seven figure range. I could buy or lease an M3 but I prefer to save it for and spend it on my kids.

The point of my autobiography/rant?

Everyone is different. Every part of life is different and everyone has different goals. You make your own decisions. Sometimes you get things given to you, sometimes you have to work long and very hard for them: truthfully I did appreciate the car I was given as much if not more than some I've bought. There's true pride in earning something for yourself but that doesnt mean you cant value generosity. I'd venture a lot of the haters are 20 and 30 something's still suckling the parental teat. Especially in this crap economy.

Beyond that:

- cars and MCs are the worst investments you can make (aside from boats and strippers) but I love them more than most.

- don't worry about living life by anyone else's rules or opinions, that's how they win their petty hateful game of life force suckage (misery loves company).

- don't hate, celebrate. Though hating the haters (and other horrific archetypes like neocons who havent read a book in a decade, and Tom Clancy, Rush the big fat Dush and Bill OReilly don't count since they're written for second graders) can be quite cathartic.

These dummies condescending you in clear fits of jealousy are just the type of people NOT to become. Bored, miserable, self righteous.

Judge not lest ye shall be judged. It's fine to have opinions but you're not better than anyone, especially not based on the car you drive. The smartest and coolest people I've ever met included those with Ferrari f40s and those with nothing but a Metro Card, or a horse.

When and if my company gets sold, or the next one, I may live out a lifelong fantasy of walking into a dealership and paying way too much for a new M3, or perhaps even a 911. More likely I'll just get a newer used BMW or Merc and turn my old 330 into a track day queen.

Unless my son is old enough to give it to...
Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #153
AlpinTXiX

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
pathetic insecure losers who get all their joy from trying to assert some form of superiority over other people...

...my current job in marketing where I earn a sizable salary and hold numerous stock options which will be worth something someday soon, likely in the seven figure range.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #154
3uroslut

My Ride: 328ci 5speed
im currently 20 and have owned my bmw for 3.5 years and paid for it 100% my self i owned it in highschool and now i use it as a drift car mod list is coilovers intake header full 3'' straight pipe coilovers 3 sets of rims welded diff and currently ordering sway bars
Old 07-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #155
Suseer

My Ride: Cayman S
Do non-BMW forums have these threads too? When I used to visit hondatech and other honda forums, never heard about these threads at all. Not even the new models that still cost more then a lot of old E46's. Those threads were unheard of. Just because it has a BMW badge on it, doesnt mean it's exclusive or always "expensive".

All I seem to see lately is, "am I to young to own a __ BMW?", "How old were you when you bought your BMW?", "College blah blah bought bmw"

Who the hell cares? Bought it yourself? Fantastic. Parents bought you it? Also fantastic, let's hope it doesn't hinder you from succeeding in life. Really now, is there any point of these threads? Or can we go back to talking about the actual cars now?

[/rant]
Suseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #156
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkr747 View Post
im currently 20 and have owned my bmw for 3.5 years and paid for it 100% my self i owned it in highschool and now i use it as a drift car mod list is coilovers intake header full 3'' straight pipe coilovers 3 sets of rims welded diff and currently ordering sway bars
I think reading this knocked a few IQ points off.

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #157
M3JetBlack

My Ride: 2002 M3 & 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suseer View Post
Do non-BMW forums have these threads too? When I used to visit hondatech and other honda forums, never heard about these threads at all. Not even the new models that still cost more then a lot of old E46's. Those threads were unheard of. Just because it has a BMW badge on it, doesnt mean it's exclusive or always "expensive".

All I seem to see lately is, "am I to young to own a __ BMW?", "How old were you when you bought your BMW?", "College blah blah bought bmw"

Who the hell cares? Bought it yourself? Fantastic. Parents bought you it? Also fantastic, let's hope it doesn't hinder you from succeeding in life. Really now, is there any point of these threads? Or can we go back to talking about the actual cars now?

[/rant]
The point of the thread is for students who have e46's to get together and talk about them...duh. It was fine till some of the others (like you) step in and cause trouble and rants about threads like this. Let it be. Is it harming you or your car? No. Do you have to post or read this thread? No....just saying.

6MT / Black Interior / Black Kidney / Black Gills / Kinesis K27 18x10.5 18x12 / ST Coilovers / TMS Camber Plates / Rogue El Diablo / AP Headers / AR25 / VCSL / CSL Diffuser / Iconz Front Lip / OEM LED Taillights / Orion V2 / MotorWerks Tuned / Alpha N / Nexus 7 / V1 Stealth

- Washington State -
M3JetBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #158
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Spitting out your parents views as your own, cute. You're way out of your depth here. Our military spending is getting more and more countries to despise us, is killing our own citizens, and is making no progress in either of the two wars we are currently fighting. You don't have to be against military action to want to end these two wars. It's funny that you think older members of our society being taken care of is wasteful and "abusive". Furthermore- military spending is projected to be some 400 billion higher than medicare spending this year.
My mom's views are pretty liberal, but I love her anyway. My dad, a more simple guy, is totally nonpolitical. I'm not sure what my parents have to do with this. Did you assume that I'm a high schooler just because I participated in this thread? You know what assuming does. Makes an @SS out of U and ME. Well, not so much me in this case.

Am I out of my depth? Or am I a 38-year old professional engineer and combat veteran with a Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration?

I don't think taking care of older members of our society is necessarily wrong; the degree of which we do that is of course a good subject for debate between a free society and a welfare state, but that's not the issue I pointed out. The issue I pointed out that there is massive waste and abuse in the medicare system. And there is.

You say that military spending is going to be more than medicare as if that means anything... I don't care how much is spent on one thing compared to the next. We should only spend what is necessary and we should spend it as frugally and as efficiently as possible.

What countries despise us isn't really a concern - the ones who despise us will find a reason to despise us no matter what we do. Obama's middle east appeasement tour proved that unequivocally.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #159
ptrcd003

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
What countries despise us isn't really a concern - the ones who despise us will find a reason to despise us no matter what we do. Obama's middle east appeasement tour proved that unequivocally.
Trust me, the countries that hate you have PLENTY of reasons to do it. I'm pretty sure its the majority of the world. Maybe not their governments, since the US pays plenty of hush money, but the citizens sure do. Also, I loved the line "My mom's views are pretty liberal, but I love her anyway". Are you saying there's a chance you wouldn't love your parents due to their political views? Very nice. Also, since when do engineers with an MBA drive a 99 323i?
ptrcd003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #160
Goosten

My Ride: '01 325ci
Well hi, I have a 01 325ci 5sp, got it with 115k and for a good price, no I didn't pay for my car or insurance since having a job or any source of income has been impossible until now but I do plan on paying him back I am trying to find a job but it'll be hard balancing that community service school and tennis practices/tournaments. Honestly i know I'm lucky to get all this but I do take care of my car like crazy and am really careful with it all the time. Mods so far: smoked tail lights with led bulbs did some tint, most was done by previous owner, rims were done by previous owner(aren't obnoxious ) put a k&n intake in and a corsa sport exhaust which sounds great. I plan on doing more but all in due time. Thanks a lot.
Goosten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
325, dmax furry chest, fags, high school parking lot, homosexual, m54, spoiled, this thread is dildoes