E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 2.36 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #161
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrcd003 View Post
Trust me, the countries that hate you have PLENTY of reasons to do it. I'm pretty sure its the majority of the world. Maybe not their governments, since the US pays plenty of hush money, but the citizens sure do. Also, I loved the line "My mom's views are pretty liberal, but I love her anyway". Are you saying there's a chance you wouldn't love your parents due to their political views? Very nice. Also, since when do engineers with an MBA drive a 99 323i?
No I was joking about my mom. Just because she's wrong on a lot of things doesn't mean I love her any less. It's not her fault, she just believes a lot of the things the mainstream media says.

Engineers with an MBA drive a '99 323i when they pay a mortgage in Southern CA and have 4 kids. That should answer that.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #162
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
No I was joking about my mom. Just because she's wrong on a lot of things doesn't mean I love her any less. It's not her fault, she just believes a lot of the things the mainstream media says.

Engineers with an MBA drive a '99 323i when they pay a mortgage in Southern CA and have 4 kids. That should answer that.
One thing I learnt. When I have a high salary job, sure as hell I aren't gonna spend it on wife and kids. In fact I wont get married at all.
Imagine all the money for yourself to spend.
don't forget to repay parents too.

No mortgage. No wife. No kids.
Porsche 911 and pussies.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #163
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpinTXiX View Post
Exactly, I prefer to submit my authority in the real world.

Truthfully I could get fired tomorrow or my options might not end up being worth the paper they are printed on.

My point wasn't look at me, I'm awesome, I consider myself to be utterly average. My only opinion is f people who think theirs is the best and only way to roll...

The point was that you find all different kinds of people in the e46 community, young, old, financially strapped and less so... and none is right or wrong for any reason no matter what their thought process. Hate only the haters, for hating.

If I see some clown with a sideways hat and his pants falling around his ankles or a Mitsubishi Starion (you're not old enough to remember) with a wing the size of that engineered on Boeing Starliner parked in the 7-11 parking lot as he goes in to buy a pack of Newports and some Rockstar, I'm laughing too. But whatever if he likes it and feels cool who am I to say? I may not want him to drive MY car but not the end of the world if he buys an e-46.

People were saying kids whose parents gave them their e46 or the money to buy it are lame... why? Because they're lucky?

I could buy a more expensive car and certainly will someday... for now I prefer something which does not require a payment and that I can mod and have fun with and not really worry about too much...

Does that make me lame? Do I care what you think?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #164
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrcd003 View Post
Also, since when do engineers with an MBA drive a 99 323i?
What he said, and not just SoCal, try carrying a Bay Area mortgage and raising three kids and having other interests in addition to your car, like travelling or skiing or the 5 million other things I'd like to spend money on.

Cars are a horrible investment. I totally get it when people spend to the max to get the best they can afford because I love them too, do whatever you want with your money and your car. But my absolute favorite thing about my maybe $7500 KBB e46 is that I own it, not the bank.

The bank is where my money grows into a Porsche.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #165
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
One thing I learnt. When I have a high salary job, sure as hell I aren't gonna spend it on wife and kids. In fact I wont get married at all.

Porsche 911 and pussies.
I like the logic but sometimes you get sick of chasing the pnang and want it waiting on tap... and attached to someone you like to hang out with after hitting it.

And your parents will want you to repay them with your kids more than any amount of money in the world.

Do I wish I was free to chase skirts (without repercussion) sometimes... um, yes! Is it cool when my son points out BMWs before I even see them or taking him out to the race track or to the hobby store to buy him (wink wink) a massive slot car track for the garage?

Yes.

Just don't marry the first girl you meet in HS who lets you get at it. Wait until you are at least 30.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #166
KrasivataSabine

My Ride: 323Ci
I think hizhinezz is the new voice of reason here

#BattleBimmer #323RS

Last edited by KrasivataSabine; 07-09-2012 at 06:36 PM.
KrasivataSabine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #167
AlpinTXiX

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Exactly, I prefer to submit my authority in the real world.

Truthfully I could get fired tomorrow or my options might not end up being worth the paper they are printed on.

My point wasn't look at me, I'm awesome, I consider myself to be utterly average. My only opinion is f people who think theirs is the best and only way to roll...

The point was that you find all different kinds of people in the e46 community, young, old, financially strapped and less so... and none is right or wrong for any reason no matter what their thought process. Hate only the haters, for hating.

If I see some clown with a sideways hat and his pants falling around his ankles or a Mitsubishi Starion (you're not old enough to remember) with a wing the size of that engineered on Boeing Starliner parked in the 7-11 parking lot as he goes in to buy a pack of Newports and some Rockstar, I'm laughing too. But whatever if he likes it and feels cool who am I to say? I may not want him to drive MY car but not the end of the world if he buys an e-46.

People were saying kids whose parents gave them their e46 or the money to buy it are lame... why? Because they're lucky?

I could buy a more expensive car and certainly will someday... for now I prefer something which does not require a payment and that I can mod and have fun with and not really worry about too much...

Does that make me lame? Do I care what you think?
T'would appear we have here a contradiction to previous statements

Your response would indicate that on some level, you do

Man, some people take E46F waaaaayyy to seriously

I know what a Starion is btw

Last edited by AlpinTXiX; 07-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.
AlpinTXiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #168
hizhinezz
Outlier

It's remarkable how seriously some people do take it... Like, stop modding your car because you make us all look bad? Ridink

Ok, guilty as charged, love a good debate and have completely co-opted and grenaded this thread, but my original response was people giving HS BMW owners a hard time is stupid.

Enough said...
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #169
Schlag96
Slightly Modded ///Member

My Ride: 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post

Porsche 911 and pussies.
I flew in the back seat of the F-14 off of aircraft carriers in my former life. So a better adrenaline rush than any car could ever give me.

Having a hot wife that has spent 15 years perfecting how to love me is better than any adrenaline rush, as is hearing the laughter of my little girl, or having my son get me on a "chicken butt" for the first time, or having my oldest daughter out-logic me in an argument.

What's the point in having everything in the world if you don't have someone to share it with?

(Also, you should want a mortgage. It's one of the best ways to build wealth. Especially now that prices and rates are in the dirt. I'd buy the best place you can in the best area you can right away. Even if it's only a condo. All of a sudden 5 years will have gone by and you'll have equity built up to put toward something else. And it's a great tax deduction. And also you need somewhere to park your porsche and host your pussies anyway.)

Last edited by Schlag96; 07-10-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Schlag96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #170
Lukesb328

My Ride: 1999 328i
senior in highschool here.

Here my Fern Green 99 328i 5speed
pretty much stock besides a few small things and a m3 bumper is on the way, after that ill be done with the cosmetic stuff and just start working on some preventative maintenance

Lukesb328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #171
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post

(Also, you should want a mortgage. It's one of the best ways to build wealth. Especially now that prices and rates are in the dirt. I'd buy the best place you can in the best area you can right away. Even if it's only a condo. All of a sudden 5 years will have gone by and you'll have equity built up to put toward something else. And it's a great tax deduction. And also you need somewhere to park your porsche and host your pussies anyway.)
Where are good areas with prices "in the dirt"? Good areas have next to no inventory.

Condos are pretty area specific. Too many single women bought them over the past few years and as they get married there will be a steady stream of fire sale unused and unrentable condo units coming on market.

Buy a home with land in a good neighborhood.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #172
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Cliffs ?
Old 09-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #173
diM3tri

My Ride: 330ci + stg2 Scoobie
Been working for the past 5 years and investing my money, saved up and got a great deal on an orient blue 2001 330ci with 133k miles. Been working on cars since I was 13, I'm currently 16. Im working on all the maintenance and upgrades myself. Love this car!

Current Cars:
'99 Big Turbo B5 A4 (the red one) ^^^
'13 GLI
'91 Ford F150 v8 5spd

Previous Cars:
'05 stg 2 scoobie wagon
'82 VW rabbit vert
'01 330ci
'84 633csi
diM3tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:35 AM   #174
Super Sheep

My Ride: 2005 E46 325 CI
When I was in highschool I drove a stock (and slow ass) 2001 Honda Civic and sometimes parent's Toyota Highlander. I only recently got a 05 325CI @ 75k miles for 11.5 grand. Paid in full and in cash. Only was able to do that cause dear parents contributed 25%. Was going for a $8000 Audi A4 at equal mileage. Whoever calls a properly maintained 323 or 325 slow.... obviously never drove a stock Civic. To all you highschooler rolling around in BMWs... even 12 year old BMWS... savior the moment. Lucky SOBs

Please do not be the particular punk ass in a new(er) E90 that mommy bought for him. I had the misfortune of stopping next to at a red light, and rolls down the window talking **** about my E46 telling me that he actually bought the car himself! Only to run into later a few blocks down the road, and watching him trying to look cool infront of his friends, revving & screaming off at a light only to braken too late and end up parking up the ass off a SUV. Hiliarious to find out once the police rolled up that the car wasn't even registered in his name & he wasnt on the insurance or something. Top it off w/ him pissing himself when the cop tells him he has to go to court for a reckless driving charge. Too bad I was only a witness and not the victmin. Would have been delighted to milk his insurance/parents for enough to buy a F30
Super Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #175
jayb328i

My Ride: E46 2000 328i
I was alright with your dialogue until the end: too bad I was not the victim. You have not considered another alternative--may victims can only be visited in the morgue.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #176
diM3tri

My Ride: 330ci + stg2 Scoobie
a kid in my school whos 17 has a 99 323i.. but he took off the stock rims and replaced them with 16 inch no name black rims with a chrome lip.. looks horrible! Definitely not the nicest of E46's i've seen!

Current Cars:
'99 Big Turbo B5 A4 (the red one) ^^^
'13 GLI
'91 Ford F150 v8 5spd

Previous Cars:
'05 stg 2 scoobie wagon
'82 VW rabbit vert
'01 330ci
'84 633csi
diM3tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #177
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukesb328 View Post
senior in highschool here.

Here my Fern Green 99 328i 5speed
pretty much stock besides a few small things and a m3 bumper is on the way, after that ill be done with the cosmetic stuff and just start working on some preventative maintenance

this is DMAX's exact car.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #178
325CiMaN

My Ride: 01 BMW 325ci 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVANOS? View Post
bought mine for 4k and did all the work by myself. I pay for gas and insurance( I dont have collision. Im now regretting it because my friend crashed my car into a curb. NEVER let ANYONE drive your car.)
its got 240,000 on the OD so Im looking in to dooing a M54B30 swap. that will be my next big venture.
I did the swap and it was way worth it. I was forced to due to engine blowing up. It was hella easy. I also bought my car when i was in highschool in 2010. I also bought it bought it my self, dad paid insurance and still does cause the deal i made with him is i keep a 4.0gpa three college and he pays or i pay if gpa drops,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
325CiMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #179
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sheep View Post
When I was in highschool I drove a stock (and slow ass) 2001 Honda Civic and sometimes parent's Toyota Highlander. I only recently got a 05 325CI @ 75k miles for 11.5 grand. Paid in full and in cash. Only was able to do that cause dear parents contributed 25%. Was going for a $8000 Audi A4 at equal mileage. Whoever calls a properly maintained 323 or 325 slow.... obviously never drove a stock Civic. To all you highschooler rolling around in BMWs... even 12 year old BMWS... savior the moment. Lucky SOBs

Please do not be the particular punk ass in a new(er) E90 that mommy bought for him. I had the misfortune of stopping next to at a red light, and rolls down the window talking **** about my E46 telling me that he actually bought the car himself! Only to run into later a few blocks down the road, and watching him trying to look cool infront of his friends, revving & screaming off at a light only to braken too late and end up parking up the ass off a SUV. Hiliarious to find out once the police rolled up that the car wasn't even registered in his name & he wasnt on the insurance or something. Top it off w/ him pissing himself when the cop tells him he has to go to court for a reckless driving charge. Too bad I was only a witness and not the victmin. Would have been delighted to milk his insurance/parents for enough to buy a F30
You are lying hahaha.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #180
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
this is DMAX's exact car.
Was wondering how I got in this thread...should have known!

Mango, my car is nothing like that at all. Oh sure, it's a stock '99 328i in Fern Green Metallic (386, I think, though there were two formulations of Fern Green), but I can see he didn't add center shoulder belt in rear...and he's going to ruin the look with that M3 bumper...but we'll let him slide for now.

Oh, I also have style 42s...16" of bmw beauty...much nicer than those other wheels, don't you agree?

Don't worry...I take care of those with my same skin color...you're among friends (there are 3 of us with Fern Green)!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 10-04-2012 at 02:17 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
325, dmax furry chest, fags, high school parking lot, homosexual, m54, spoiled, this thread is dildoes