E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #281
Press22

My Ride: 01 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
NO why? I let people sit in my car when I was there. When i wasn't it was locked.
Couple of my buddies said they sat in a CSL e46 and the owner got mad. haha
Sweet car by the way, I wish I would have seen it at bimmerfest... being busy with club/vendors kinda sucked up all my time.
Press22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #282
m3dragon

My Ride: CSL M3 / 1M
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Ah that was not I. I don't mind sharing the car with others so if people want to try out the seats I let them. Cars are meant to be enjoyed.

I will probably be at next years event and maybe Mfest as I have not been to that one

NorCal drive organizer guy
Drive database and photo locations
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
E46 M3 GTR Street Car - Build Journal
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #283
m3dragon

With the new season of Top Gear on now, I can share my images from my visit there. While on honeymoon, we stopped by to see the airfield as well as the studios. We initially were told no but when the guard found out we were on honeymoon he gave us a tour.

We got to see the new reasonably priced cars, the trailers that were really the Top Gear production offices and inside at the studio. The studio was not setup yet as they just finishing filming a movie there. It is worth to note that production offices are really the production offices, even though they made jokes about it. One last interesting thing is the stars that come on the show enter through a storage closet LOL. All the budget for the show is for the cars and trips is for sure.

I could not post it until now as we were there before the show aired and did not want to get anyone in trouble.

While there we also saw the new McLaren Mp12-4C GT being tested. We could not take pictures of it of course but saw it flying down the runway. It was flat black and flyís like a bat out of hell.

I also got a souvenir that I canít post what it is but if you ever are coming to an event, remind me to bring the official paper work I have of TG =). It was a great time there and the guard was a amazing wealth of knowledge and hoot to talk to.

All the images I was allowed to take.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #284
h82lose

My Ride: 335i
Quote:
I need to scan this as a HIGH RES copy for everyone. Sorry I do not have the time right now.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #285
m3dragon

Ya Ya I will get on it soon =P

Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #286
m3dragon

Sorry for the lack of updates.

I will have some images of the new toys that just came in but in the mean time I wanted to give some feedback on the current setup.

On 9/14 completed a 255 mile drive around Lake Tahoe with a crest of about 8900 feet. The car was running great but I think I need to tune the car better as it felt down on power more than I was expecting. Also the clutch seems to slip a little when running AC so not sure if I finally wore out my clutch or if it is a tune issue as well.

I am still trying to figure out a rear 02 issue and get the airbag sensors figure out.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #287
m3dragon

Here are some of the images from the Lake Tahoe Drive. This is for those out there who think this is a garage queen, I think NOT. 255 miles and some serious bug death.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #288
m3dragon

Recent updates in the world of car modding.

Purchased a new DME so I now run the MSS54HP module vs the none HP module. This was done so I could have an H-bridge installed in an effort to have the flap work. Having the flap working is more of a novlty and once working I will RE-disable it LOL.

Below are image of the new CSL Map rail and map sensor. These were installed to have the car use the map sensor for low RPM reading and AlphaN for high band.

Map Rail

Map Sensor

Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #289
m3dragon

Door panels arrived today. They are a little rough but they are fixable thankfully. Seller did a great job packaging them and was honest about their condition. Next step is to have the scratches buffed out and place in my door frames which are in better shape.

OK Fern, now you can't say I am posing now with the door panels ;-P

Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #290
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
M3Dragon - NorCal CSL build

I saw these door panels not too long ago when a friend took me along to check them out. I hope you got these at a reduced price concerning the actual condition of these door panels. Looking forward to seeing these fixed up.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 10-30-2013 at 06:37 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #291
m3dragon

I got them at a reduced price as I need to repair the scratches. They are not that bad and can be fixed. I will probably pop them out and place them into my door panels as they are in better shape.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #292
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
Nice!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #293
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Quote:
I got them at a reduced price as I need to repair the scratches. They are not that bad and can be fixed. I will probably pop them out and place them into my door panels as they are in better shape.
Good idea of installing the Cf bits in your better condition door panels. Good detailer can buff those easily.
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #294
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
wow shame on me for just finding this epic thread. my buddy here in socal happens to have an exact csl replica authentic everything like yours but he also has the oem csl carbon fiber seats with the bmw part number plate on the side. pretty cool stuff i could swear his is real it has a matching vin and everything i dont know how the po got it here though
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #295
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Should look good when you are finished with them. I couldn't believe just how light these door cards are when I checked them out! I have a set coming for my ///M very soon and am looking forward to installing them You have an awesome build by the way!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #296
m3dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
wow shame on me for just finding this epic thread. my buddy here in socal happens to have an exact csl replica authentic everything like yours but he also has the oem csl carbon fiber seats with the bmw part number plate on the side. pretty cool stuff i could swear his is real it has a matching vin and everything i dont know how the po got it here though
I prefer the Recaro's after sitting in the real ones. They are lighter and more snug.

Is the other guy with a CSL Clone on the forums?

Old 11-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #297
m3dragon

So a random update. Last night for some reason, I went off reservation and ordered some parts that make absolutely no sense. I decided to order based my cost analysis from looking at so many different possible directions. The cost came out to a few hundred less to go this way but still off reservation.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #298
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Great seeing your car today! Amazing as usual

TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #299
m3dragon

When did you sneak in? Could have opened the hood for you.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #300
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Quote:
When did you sneak in? Could have opened the hood for you.
I brought the 135i today instead of the E46. Was gonna ask you to open it but couldn't find you after a while. haha. Are you gonna bring it to shriners? Either way next time i'll ask
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote