E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
2pak

My Ride: 02 Tiag 6spd coupe
FS: 2002 Alpine White on Cinnamon 6spd 107k miles $19,000 Nice Mods South Florida

I'm putting up for sale my 2002 Alpine White on Cinnamon M3 as I upgrade to the e90 m3. I've owned this car since April of 2009. Here is the information on it :

2002 Alpine White on Cinnamon
Clean Carfax and Autocheck, Clear Florida Title in Hand
11.01 Production Date

Factory Options :
Premium Package
Harman Kardon
OEM Navigation Retrofit
OEM 19" Forged Alloy Wheels
PDC (Super Rare on 6spds)

I'm the 3rd owner.. the previous owners were in Laguna Nigel California and I'm in South Florida so the car has never been in inclement weather.

Mods on the car :

Eagle Eye LED Taillights
Tein Springs
CSL Diffuser (replica, fitment is great)
OEM European Bumper (bought new at Lauderdale BMW)
Jet Black Painted Trim
The Cinnamon Interior I put in and is from a 2005MY car... important because BMW switched leather's in 2005 and 2006... When you see Cinnamon and Imola and other cars they look greasy and shiny.
Jet Black Painted Interior Trim (Looks so great against the Cinny interior)
Kn63 Intake
UUC Control Arms (not sure if theyre UUC had the car on a lift once and the colors matched UUC)
OEM ZCP Alcantara Steering Wheel (bought from Tischer)
Top of the line aftermarket sound system
OEM BMW Performance Suede Boot and Weighted Knob

Stuff I've replaced on the car in my ownership :

New mesh fog lights and surrounds when I installed the new OEM European Bumper
New fender liners and ambient temperature sensor
New tensioner pulley
New black piece that sits on hood where the squirters sit to spray the windshield with water
New OEM clear sidemarkers (what a refresher a must for anyone your sidemarkers ended up yellowing and fogging up)
New Serpentine Belts
Fresh Oil Change with Castrol 10w60 (done 1100 miles ago), also changed teh oil over 5-7500 miles with Castrol 10w60 (always bought from tischer/getbmwparts)
New Coolant reservoir Tank (the old ones brittle up top after time)
New Coolant reservoir line
Coolant Flush
New headlight brow for the passenger side
New OEM corner lights (this car had the old ones that BMW replaced mid 2002 model year, the original ones are a defective design and the clips break easily)
New center console (makes a huge difference)
Euro Tray (from my last m3 I had carried over)
Stealthbulbs (light up orange but remain clear the rest of the time for no egg yolk look)
New coolant switch
New Battery it's the Duramaxx 94-R that Walmart sells and carries a 3 yr warranty. I had it changed out 2 months ago, it still has about 15 months on the warranty...all you do is go to walmart and they test it for 40 min and give you a new one (this battery is also better than the OEM, which BMW doesnt even make)
New moldings on driver side (when I had the driver door repainted and blended I had them replace the moldings that sit below the window and rear window. This pieces wear over the years, especially the backside which is prone to rotting. The rear piece alone was 250 bucks I cant remember the front. I didnt do it on the right side just because It wasnt worth shelling another 300-350 for the pass side when I never really look at it (out of sight out of mind)

Condition :

Exterior is in very nice shape. No accidents or paintwork except on the driver door to fix a huge chip when someone tried to break in during the previous ownership. It bothered me finally that I just got it taken care of. The rear bumper has a small spot that's a little dull on the passenger side but you can't notice it unless you're up against it.

Also there's a small mark on the front bumper that can be touched up for 15 dollars by buying Alpine White III paint from the dealership (they sell them in small bottles along with seperate bottles of clearcoat)

Most people think this car is a few years old and are shocked when I say it's a 2002....

I'd rate the exterior condition a 9/10

Interior :
Everything has been changed out for the most part. The pillars both front and back need to be replaced or you could have 1 of the board members wrap them in Alcantara (either way it's going to run you about 125 dollars)

The seats have never been hit with Magic Eraser however If someone did condition them and use Magic Eraser they would be absolutely perfect. There is a few marks on the driver side bolster that look like pen marks that I'm sure would come out with Magic Eraser.

I'd rate the interior condition a 9/10

Stuff the car needs :

The car needs a full suspension overhaul. This includes coilovers, rsms, rtabs, fcab's ... The suspension needs to be addressed, the rtab's are worn to the point where it's causing premature tire wear on the inner sides of the tires.
I actually had all of these parts including used FK Coilovers and sold them for 750 so it should give you an idea of how much it will cost especially if you're on the boards looking for deals.

New Oil Level Sender (the oil temp guage isnt working I had the coolant switch changed because it's that or the oil level sender. Coolant switch didn't fix it I took it to my mechanic hooked it up to his Autologic and it's the oil level sender. This part is about 90 bucks but it's pointless to install until your next oil change.

The Electronic Box Fan also came up on the Autologic. This is the fan that sits behind the dash and is accesible when you open the hood. It makes that cricket sound when it goes bad... There's a DIY to fix it for free, you need to take it out and spray it with stuff... I can include the DIY

New Camshaft sensor, also not a very expensive piece

The windshield is cracked its been like that for years and it's never spread.. the crack is near the bottom and doesn't really bother me.

Rear View Mirror has the spots like all of them do. The option is to send it to Sybase for 75 bucks and get a new one or theres also a DIY to fix it for free on the boards. I can include the link for the buyer

Sagging Rear Bumper : All M3's suffer from this, BMW put out a TSB that I will include that requires you to get two clips for 79 cent each to fix the sag.

Driver Side View Mirror the glass has some spots on it... You can source a used one for 5-10 bucks or conversely on eBay UK thers a company selling the euro ones which are assymetrical and are wide angle. I talked to some e46 m3 owners in the UK who said theyre good quality and theyre about 25-35 bucks.

The key's battery is dead so the keyless doesn't work... Ive gone over 6 months like this so props to the Bimmian keyhole delete for dettering any robbers. You can go a few routes for this. You can change the battery (prob 3 dollars) in the key if you feel comfortable with a soldering gun/iron. You could get a blank key off eBay and have BMW reprogram the key for you (not sure the cost or how they would get it cut) or order one from BMW and it comes from germany in 2 wks unless u put a rush in and then the dealer will program the key for you).. E46 key is like 120 dollars.

The rear diff fluid needs to be changed, the diff makes the noise in low speed turns especially in my parking garage. I had a diff oil change but my mechanic didn't use an additive. You can get a container of GM Part #1052358 Limited Slip Differential Lubricant Additive ( a bmw service tech of 15 yrs on m3forum recommends this ) and it should clear it up if not changing teh diff fluid requires using the BMW diff oil with the FM booster (aka the additive). ECS has the kit for 125 dollars

The car has an aftermarket stereo that my stereo install guy put in. It consists of the following :

OEM Navigation Retrofit with MK4 Drive (perspective view) and the latest BM53 radio tuner (compatible with Sirius etc)
OEM BMW Sirius Kit with Lifetime Unlimited Subscription
Wicked CAS Custom Subwoofer Enclosure that sits over the battery tray with a JL12W6v2
Dice HD model
JL Cleansweep
DLS Iridium 6.3's
DLS A5 Amp
Custom amp rack that sits where the tire pump sits

The whole stereo is not being included in the car. An m3forum member wants the Sirius, the guard in my building has dibs on the Subbox and the DLS equipment is spoken for as well. I will need the JL cleansweep for my new E90. That leaves the car with the OEM Navigation installed along with being completely prewired for an aftermarket stereo system It will literally take even the most novice person no time to install a stereo since all the wiring / install / hardwork is done. My stereo installer is the best I've ever met as well.

I will let you guys choose if you want me to keep the OEM Navigation retrofit in there or if the buyer wants to go with aftermarket I can take it out and reduce the price by 1,000 dollars. You can easily piece together a very very nice system for that amount.... Dynavin head unit that's a close match, some nice 2 way 6.5's off eBay and a box with a sub to put in the trunk. When you compare cars out there that have the stock HK system this is actually a huge advantage because that HK is horrible. My stereo installer used top of the line speaker wire and the rest of the wires going from the amp to the battery are all high end. There's a cutoff switch as well next to the amp rack.

I can also throw in the following for free :
ACS rep diffuser painted alpine white (was on car before the csl diffuser)
Mint M Dead Pedal (the one in the car has a little caked on dirt on it)
Mint OEM ZCP e-Brake Assembly includes handle and bmw boot and mechanism (the acs one in the car is tacky although the boot is worth money)
Brand new in box AA Shift Knob

These parts total to about $500

The price is set at 19,000 obo.... White on cinnamon 6spds are in a whole different hemisphere. If you're looking for this combo don't settle it's amazing will get you so many complements and everytime you see one you'll regret not holding out.

Please PM me for my contact info if you're interested or have any questions

Here is the pictures on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7764477...15578291/show/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 4.58.51 PM.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	458981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 4.59.47 PM.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	458982  

Last edited by 2pak; 07-15-2012 at 03:19 PM.
2pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Minus the interior trim,

Defintely won't need good luck to sell this!
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
beautiful car man glws !
Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
2pak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueandwhite85 View Post
Minus the interior trim,

Defintely won't need good luck to sell this!
really i think the interior trim is one of the nicest things.. it contrasts so well against the cinnamon vs the tit shadow or even the alum trim
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Car is beautifully setup, But I dunno bout your price with shot suspension.
If someone doesn't DIY all those it's a very expensive fix.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pak View Post
really i think the interior trim is one of the nicest things.. it contrasts so well against the cinnamon vs the tit shadow or even the alum trim
You know what they say about opinions.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
2pak

bumparoo
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
nike001

My Ride: Fergo
Oh man.. if it only had heated seats..

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
beemdubya

My Ride: 2004 m3
free bump great car!!
04 imola m3 smg--18" Custom stepped style 5's/angel eyes/projector fogs/carbon fiber interior wrap/alcantara boots/smoked turn signals/black grilles/deleted side markers/sharkfin removed/cross drilled slotted rotors/20% tint/h&r coils/tms camber plates/adjustable rear camber arms/Custom Performance RT/Supersprint x-pipe/Agency power muffler/AA Stage 1
beemdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
2pak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Oh man.. if it only had heated seats..

It kind of does have heated seats. The 05 Cinnamon Interior I got was from a car with heated seats however my car didn't have heated seats so the buttons on the console don't exist. i know people can retrofit heated seats and the hard part is usually adding the heater elements to the seat , not adding the butttons to the console. I dont know the specifics but you can def google and you will get some hits.

Bumparoo Im negotiable too its 19,000 obo
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
braymond141

My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
The Cinnamon Interior I put in and is from a 2005MY car... important because BMW switched leather's in 2005 and 2006... When you see Cinnamon and Imola and other cars they look greasy and shiny.
I have to comment because you are grossly wrong. All E46 M3, regardless of year came with WALKNAPPA, a top grain cow grain hide (not sheep hide like the nappa name suggests). 2005 and 2006 did NOT receive anything different.

Care and mileage have everything to do with the way seats age and look. I've seen plenty of beat to sh1t 05 and 06 interiors and 01 or 02 interiors that rival new. There is no replacement for proper leather care.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #12
2pak

braymond i know your a legend when i said different leather i didnt mean that it is still nappa leather but 2005 and 2006 the nappa leather bmw used is different ... ask JV he knows how many e46 m3's ive dealt with
Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
braymond141

Quote:
braymond i know your a legend when i said different leather i didnt mean that it is still nappa leather but 2005 and 2006 the nappa leather bmw used is different ... ask JV he knows how many e46 m3's ive dealt with
Other than grain selection and the cows being slaughtered at the time, the leather is the same. What you are seeing in simply newer (in age) leather showing better than most beat older leather (in age)... not some difference in hide.

I have brand new OEM leather cut outs from many years of the E46 M3 and additional cars. We had this same issue with the 96+ M3 guys claiming that 95's some how had inferior Walknappa leather. Simply put that was false, they are identical and all able to wear poorly with improper care. What these people were not understanding is that their 99 M3 (as an example) had upwards of 6 years LESS wear on it.

The only thing that could be even remotely true to what you said is some type of tanning process upgrade when the color is sprayed on and the urethane top coat added (meaning an upgrade in urethane quality). Without any type of documentation to prove that you're just seeing a difference in care and element exposure time. If you saw new (or garage cared) leather from an 01 M3 you would see they are the same.

Anyway glws. I didn't see a need for some people to start thinking their nappa leather is somehow superior to others.

Last edited by braymond141; 07-08-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
2pak

Yes it's a different grain of Nappa Leather and yes to your assertion on the urethane top coat.... Here's my issue though is your saying without documentation I'm just seeing a difference in care and exposure time.

Ive been in the bimmergame for 7 years longer than you (me and JV are way OG and best friends going back 10+ yrs) ... I sold over 500 e46 m3's and 200 e36 m3's... BMW NA imported 19,000 e46 m3's into the US out of the 25,000 the rest went to canada and mexico. That means that I dealt with almost 3% of all used e46 m3's in the states. So I've seen every year M3 you can think of every type of mileage etc and trust me what I;m saying is true (I have the eye for it). Anyways I'm going to PM you since I don't want to take this away from my for sale thread including when I was first made aware of the situation.

Also fyi the mystery of the factory arched e36 m3 spoilers was finally to put to rest at my shop as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
braymond141

Quote:
Yes it's a different grain of Nappa Leather and yes to your assertion on the urethane top coat.... Here's my issue though is your saying without documentation I'm just seeing a difference in care and exposure time.

Ive been in the bimmergame for 7 years longer than you (me and JV are way OG and best friends going back 10+ yrs) ... I sold over 500 e46 m3's and 200 e36 m3's... BMW NA imported 19,000 e46 m3's into the US out of the 25,000 the rest went to canada and mexico. That means that I dealt with almost 3% of all used e46 m3's in the states. So I've seen every year M3 you can think of every type of mileage etc and trust me what I;m saying is true (I have the eye for it). Anyways I'm going to PM you since I don't want to take this away from my for sale thread including when I was first made aware of the situation.

Also fyi the mystery of the factory arched e36 m3 spoilers was finally to put to rest at my shop as well.
The fact remains that your full of it saying pre-2005 leather was shiny and greasy. You're doing nothing more than being narrow minded and comparing old improperly cared for leather to newer. On that basis your driver bolsters are looking quite pre-2005 shiny an greasy.

Factory fresh Nappa in an E31 will look just like factory fresh nappa in the E36 and then again in the E46.

There are plenty of ignorant car salesman out there, stop making up false statements.

Last edited by braymond141; 07-09-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #16
2pak

first off i don't know why your calling me a car salesman i owned a dealership and im no longer in the car business... Not only that but it's funny how you used "ignorant car salesman"..... I owned an M3 boutique dealership and all I sold was M3's... Based on the amount of M3's ive personally sold I doubt anyone in this hemisphere has sold as many as me so I'm not sure how that makes me "ignorant". This doesn't seem to register to you but I've seen all years with low mileage high mileage the whole 9 yards.... And im not saying pre 2005 cars are all shiny and greasy dude I dont know where you get that from. You make these assumptions that I have no clue about what I'm talking about yet I've been a BMW enthusiast for a lot longer than you have. Your not interested in the car, you go around like your some kind of internet police and that's cool if you want to share your knowledge but don't think your some know it all. You want me to submit proof to you I dont care...

For years people debated on whether there was diff versions of the factory arched wing... I dont have any documentation to prove it except for 3 e36 m3's 95 97 99 all with factory arched and they are all diff , 99 being the highest arch out of them all... You know how I know I saw it with my own eyes so I dont know what to tell you.

And once again I'm not saying this is some different leather than Nappa. I'm saying BMW did something different whether it was more of a top coat clear coat and or a diff grain

Fact: a new 2004 m3 next to a 2005 m3 new with the same cinnamon interior (or any color) wont look exactly the same

IF you want proof you can go on some discovery mission with BMW i really dont care

Please stop shitting on my car for sale thread
Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
braymond141

Quote:
And im not saying pre 2005 cars are all shiny and greasy dude I dont know where you get that from. d
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pak
The Cinnamon Interior I put in and is from a 2005MY car... important because BMW switched leather's in 2005 and 2006... When you see Cinnamon and Imola on other cars they look greasy and shiny.
What you said isn't true. GLWS.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
2pak

bumparoo.. i am negotiable on the price
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #19
hugoM

My Ride: e46 m3
how could u want 2 sell that car..
hugoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #20
lucky7_paul

My Ride: saab 93
I really enjoy ur fighting here! It's pretty nice! I like it!
lucky7_paul is offline   Reply With Quote