E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Dgs

My Ride: 323i and 330i
Thread for best and worst parts suppliers

Is there a thread with a good discussion of best and worst e46 online parts suppliers on this or other forums? I am looking to buy a replacement sunroof shade and have found that prices are all over the place. I know that I will end up spending between 2 and 3 hundred dollars.

I hesitate to enter my credit card number on a site will not first tell me shipping and handling prices. After spending several hours searching forums and websites I still have no clue where it would be "safe" to place an order. I do not want to deal with slow shipping, counterfeit or wrong product, or low ball prices that have hidden handling or import fees. Most of all, I do not want to spend more than I have to. The original plan was to buy new fabric to recover the shade because it was already removed to fix the 4 slider hardware pieces, but it appears that the shade cannot be taken apart to get the fabric wedged under the finger pull.
Dgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Sansho

My Ride: 2001 325i
THere are many good sources ... for BMW-direct parts, TheBMWMiniPartStore.com (site sponsor here also) has good prices, good service, fast shipping. Autohausaz.com, BMAParts.com, and BMPDesign.com are all reliable sources for parts, amongst others.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
SilberVogel
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 330Ci Conv.
There are a lot of reputable vendors, and I've bought parts from a great number of them over the years. Below is a good list of popular BMW parts vendors that are frequently shopped. Personally, I find myself using BMA Parts, FCP Euro, and The BMW/MINI Part Store for good prices and fast shipping.

You mentioned finding prices all over the place and not wanting to spend more than necessary. You might also consider visiting www.bmwpnpc.com for a useful price comparison tool for all of the vendors below. There's a link in my signature to read the forum announcement about the tool, as well.

AutohausAZ
AutoPartsWay
Autoplicity
Bavarian Autosport
Bimmerparts
Bimmerzone
Blunt Tech
BMA Auto Parts
BMW of Fairfax
BMW of Morristown
BMW Parts 4U
BMW Parts Pros
BMW Parts Source
ECS Tuning
eEuroparts
FCP Euro
Get BMW Parts
Guten Parts
Husker Parts
OEM Bimmerparts
Pelican Parts
RM European
RockAuto
The BMW/MINI Part Store
Tomkinson BMW Parts
Turner Motorsport

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

Last edited by SilberVogel; 11-12-2014 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Updated vendors
SilberVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Dgs

My Ride: 323i and 330i
Thank you so much. This is a great resource.
Dgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
SilberVogel
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 330Ci Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgs View Post
Thank you so much. This is a great resource.
Glad to be of help. I've gone ahead and updated that list to include some additional vendors, and will be adding them to the comparison tool soon, as well.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.
SilberVogel is offline   Reply With Quote