E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
badboywinger

My Ride: E46 competition pack
Bagged imola m3

It was in the 70s yesterday here in IL , so I took out the hooptie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	594469  

Last edited by badboywinger; 03-25-2015 at 10:00 AM.
badboywinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Ojai330i

My Ride: 330i Slick Top
I was flipping through IG #e46 pictures and saw this today. Out of all the ones I stopped and took a look at it.
Fantastic, nice job.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:32 PM   #3
7ate9

My Ride: '01 330i
nice

OEM+ 330I soft-build : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1054474
7ate9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:32 AM   #4
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Perfection
Old 03-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
badboywinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojai330i View Post
I was flipping through IG #e46 pictures and saw this today. Out of all the ones I stopped and took a look at it.
Fantastic, nice job.
Thanks man I appreciate it
Old 03-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
badboywinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Perfection
I'm striving for it haha

Anyone have any CF front lip suggestions ? Trying to convince myself to buy one , however I absolutely love a clean M3 front end
Old 03-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboywinger View Post
I'm striving for it haha

Anyone have any CF front lip suggestions ? Trying to convince myself to buy one , however I absolutely love a clean M3 front end

http://www.projectxtuning.com/Produc...LP-BMWE46M3-CF
Old 03-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #8
badboywinger

^^^

Thanks man, this is the lip I had in mind, so many vendors make it, I honestly don't know which brand fits the best on the OEM bumper , also this is the pricest one I've seen of this lip, pricey = fitment, I have not a clue haha

Last edited by Solidjake; 03-19-2015 at 01:21 PM.
badboywinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
BBBoy323i
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Wow car looks amazing!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:12 AM   #10
Grimbow

My Ride: e46 330d touring
u can try the evo2 with CF.

this thing is nice too, and it's not lowering the front too mutch.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #11
320Rob

My Ride: E46 320d Touring
^^^

Love it !! Sorry I have a Touring myself
Black Leather
Carbon trim
Depo projector headlights

Ongoing.

Last edited by Solidjake; 03-19-2015 at 01:21 PM.
320Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #12
Mango
New member? See my sig!

My Ride: M54B30
I don't really like to chime in unnecessarily w/ negative opinions but I hope it doesn't drive like that out on public roads. I care about everyones safety. Wrong wheel/tire size, alignment etc will cause you to get into an accident and possibly hurt others. There's tons of videos of stance guys spinning out of control and smashing into people (while driving "normally" too)

Don't like the look at all anyway. The car in your sig looks far far far better as closer to stock. Looks nice with the stock looking (non-blacked out) lights and original looking amber reflectors. The wheels also look pure and motorsportsy too in your sig and looks to be much more high end/expensive/etc. I can't believe it's the same car as it is. Sig=$50,000 high end. Modded version=$5,000 used car lot teenager style. If that is in fact your car in the sig I think it's nice as is, man. you've got a nice example there in your sig. Not digging the modded one at ALL. Please be safe for everyone and at least return the suspension to stock or at least respectable ride height with motorsports style suspension and alignment for proper grip and safety.

The whole stance scene with kids trying to hard park and parking lot pimp with baggy/saggy pants is so old nowadays standing next to slammed cars. it's not really that cool! Just my opinion, thanks.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
^ High horse, you get off it much? I wouldn't even know where to begin to pick apart your post based on obvious personal judgement and not facts.

And, please show us these videos? I've been driving "stanced" cars for a decade and have yet to have one accident.

lamsv:2001 325iT

Last edited by lamsv; 03-19-2015 at 12:15 PM.
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #14
Memlol

My Ride: 2004 330ci 1999 323i
His setup isn't even severe and it's on bags so obviously it doesn't drive around town with the fender touching the lip of the rim. I'm down for some videos too Mango
Old 03-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #15
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsv View Post
^ High horse, you get off it much? I wouldn't even know where to begin to pick apart your post based on obvious personal judgement and not facts.

And, please show us these videos? I've been driving "stanced" cars for a decade and have yet to have one accident.
There's no getting Mango off his high horse, but I agree with him on the slammed suspensions. Excessive negative camber, reduced tire contact patch, reduced suspension travel and tire sidewalls that are stretched beyond their intended limits all add up to poor and less predictable emergency handling and braking. In some places, stanced cars won't even pass inspection.

Just because you haven't had an accident, doesn't mean it's a good idea. The same could be said for driving on summer tires in the snow.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #16
lamsv

My Ride: 2001 325iT
^ I can see your view, and I will tend to agree if the modifications are taken to the extreme.

In the case of this M3 the negative camber is minimal and the stretch isn't horrendous. I don't think this car poses a very big threat to the public's safety. There is a fine line between modified and safe, and modified and unsafe. This car seems to fall into the first category.

OP, what is your current air ride set-up?

lamsv:2001 325iT
lamsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM   #17
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Which M3 are you talking about? The red one in the first post? Because the drop on that thing is pretty extreme.

Every tire manufacturer specifies an approved wheel width range for each tire model and size. Every car manufacturer specifies a certain range for alignment - camber, toe, caster.

If we want to remove all ambiguity between modified/safe and modified/unsafe, I would generally consider any car outside these manufacturer specs to be unsafe.

Last edited by LeMansteve; 03-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.
LeMansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #18
Memlol

My Ride: 2004 330ci 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansteve View Post
Which M3 are you talking about? The red one in the first post? Because the drop on that thing is pretty extreme.

Every tire manufacturer specifies an approved wheel width range for each tire model and size. Every car manufacturer specifies a certain range for alignment - camber, toe, caster.

If we want to remove all ambiguity between modified/safe and modified/unsafe, I would generally consider any car outside these manufacturer specs to be unsafe.
The drop is extreme because it's on bags...
Old 03-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #19
badboywinger

Mango , I respect your opinion , however I would think when you've had 23,493 post since 06 you would maybe have a tad more knowledge , first off the car doesn't drive like that, that should be common sense when I said it's "bagged" I have a controller with 8 settings, set each of these to whatever I want , the suspension is a bag over coilover setup , let me say that again "bag over coilover , it drives better than stock , it drives better than 3/4th of all coils out there , please watch this video ... The white brz and white golf R are my good buddies cars, he actually is vendor for airlift, as a lot of people love to say coils out perform air which is honestly not always the case

You can say stance bla bla bla, , but those 19s I had which came stock , and let me tell you I love and still have ...but When I put on these 18s it drove a lot better , and I had air with the 19s before I swapped over to the 18s , soooo say what you want , hate all you want, but until you drove in a car with airlift products I wouldn't even comment on the drive ability
Old 03-19-2015, 04:46 PM   #20
badboywinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamsv View Post
^ I can see your view, and I will tend to agree if the modifications are taken to the extreme.

In the case of this M3 the negative camber is minimal and the stretch isn't horrendous. I don't think this car poses a very big threat to the public's safety. There is a fine line between modified and safe, and modified and unsafe. This car seems to fall into the first category.

OP, what is your current air ride set-up?
Thank you lol, ya trust me my car isn't some stance death trap , it honestly drives so nice, my ride height isn't even super low lol, I'd like to lower after I roll the rears however , but I'm happy with how it rolls now though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	593646