E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
DeclanM3

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondaddy View Post
I agree with you to an extent, I think that team orders shouldn't dictate drivers decisions, unfortuately it's not a perfect world and team orders will exist whether they are banned or not. However, when it comes to an prior understanding that both drivers are to put their cars into conservation mode, with the agreement that they will see out the race in those placings, only for the team mate to use up that opportunity to play catch up and then snatch the glory? Seems a bit shady to me!

However, Mark did try the same sneaky tactics back in Britain 2010, people shouldn't forget that, but as we know, that didn't work out too well!

Either way, I am in complete agreement with you regarding actual racing, I would rather see some wheel to wheel racing than some namphy decisions from above giving us a predictable finish. Either way, it makes for very entertaining viewing. the tension in the driver's lounge in the post race was so thick. If the camera wasn't there, I'm sure we would have seen Seb come out to the podium with a black eye!

I have a feeling it will be a good season!
I've only heard bits and pieces regarding this 'prior agreement' but I somehow doubt that Seb would ever agree to finish the race in 2nd place with some 20 laps to go.

This is what I see, and please help me fill in the gaps if there are any. Seb gained on Mark during the race and told Red Bull that Mark was too slow and they should do something about it (mind you Mark pulled something like 7 tenths on the next lap). Mark had to go into fuel saving mode a short time later (but Seb didn't??) and was probably told not to worry in regards to Seb overtaking him. Seb caught him over a reasonable space of time and challenged him for position, some great driving ensued and Seb ended up outdriving Mark for the position.

I'm not sure what map Mark was on at the time in regards to fuel but obviously he either couldn't outdrive Seb or he didn't have the fuel to turn the car up to defend and still finish the race.

Therefore as far as I'm concerned the issue therein lies with Mark's original fuel levels / race consumption or his driving abilities. Either way, if you don't get the fuel right or you cant out drive those that challenge you for position then you don't deserve to win the race. If it was any other driver then we would all be saying what great driving, what a great pass, what a great win!

I totally get teams not wanting to jeopardise their cars to simply switch points from driver to driver but they have two highly competitive drivers, they are paid to push their cars and go for the gap so that's exactly what they are going to do. There was no contact whatsoever so no harm done. If I was RBR would I be screaming at Vettel to be careful? Yes. Would I be telling him to hold back and not try to pass Mark? No. This driving is what makes the sport interesting and popular, it's what makes their sponsors get viewed and in turn pays the bills.

That's my opinion though and I was multitasking whilst watching the race so could've missed something crucial along the way.

DeclanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
DeclanM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goondaddy View Post
Having said that, it's stuff like this that is why Seb is multi-WDC. Same vein as Prost, Senna, Schuey. They all had the desire to win at all costs, regardless of the consequences.
It's what separates good drivers from great drivers and makes the sport so exciting to watch!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
msbhvn

My Ride: Coupe
Just a heads up to those new, you get banned for a month if you disclose race results too soon, the mods are fanatical F1 fans.

Webber got robbed, I guess the full story will pan out over the coming weeks.
msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
forzamilan10

My Ride: '04 325Ci Sport
If you're not first you're last, on ya Vettel

'04 325Ci + MYSTIC BLUE + EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST & MID-PIPE

Last edited by forzamilan10; 03-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.
forzamilan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
spacemaster

My Ride: E46 328i
You missed a lots of gaps. Read the post race conference transcripts.
spacemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #26
Mitch E46

My Ride: M3 Convertible
I'm an RBR fan, but Malaysian 2013 made Vettel look like an idiot, whether you believed he outdrove Mark or not. Fact of the matter is Mark did a very good job holding off Vettel whilst he was on a conservation fuel map, medium tyres and obeying team orders.

Last edited by Mitch E46; 03-25-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
M3_DU

My Ride: '02 M3
To keep this nice and simple, Vettel admitted he screwed up. Prost, Senna and Schumacher never did that if I am not mistaken.
M3_DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
here we go again..

im not getting involved..

ill just say.. Look at the front of Marks car then look the the front of Sebs.. notice the numbers there?

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 03-25-2013 at 09:09 PM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
94vtirozguy

My Ride: 330 ci convertible
lets leave it from the thought of mark webber ...

Mark says to Vettel " There is me in team Seb, but U are in C_NT". Seb should be stepped down for a race. If it was webber it to seb war would have broken out.
94vtirozguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
Mitch E46

My Ride: M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94vtirozguy View Post
lets leave it from the thought of mark webber ...

Mark says to Vettel " There is me in team Seb, but U are in C_NT". Seb should be stepped down for a race. If it was webber it to seb war would have broken out.
I have no idea what you just wrote, but I agree!

Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #31
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
My views are how many times has Webber sat in second and aloud the "Multi 21" to unfold. Too our knowledge we would just believe Vettel is just having another excellent day out the front and Webber couldn't catch him. So did he really earn those 3 world championship or was it team orders, decisions before the race and Multi 21 bullshit that has made him what he is. Racing shouldn't involve team orders to hold your position. You should have to out race everyone team mate or not.

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #32
YGOAMG

Was there even a race??

ONEHD telecast cut out after the 58 formation laps..

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #33
YGOAMG

Multi 21 is an engine map/tune

They've decreased the amount of engines teams can use this season.
The tyres are sh1t and last <10 laps..

F1 is bollocks and boring to watch now.
And I'm not just saying that because McLaren are struggling ..

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #34
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
V8 Supercars Development series is where its at.
Watching Stoner......
Another load of **** i can't stand about racing at the moment too.

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #35
DeclanM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
My views are how many times has Webber sat in second and aloud the "Multi 21" to unfold. Too our knowledge we would just believe Vettel is just having another excellent day out the front and Webber couldn't catch him. So did he really earn those 3 world championship or was it team orders, decisions before the race and Multi 21 bullshit that has made him what he is. Racing shouldn't involve team orders to hold your position. You should have to out race everyone team mate or not.
In the whole of the 2012 season there was 1 race where Webber finished 1 spot behind Vettel where he finished some 8 seconds behind Vettel.

This means that Mark either couldn't overtake given he didn't close the 8 second gap or he took team orders like a b!tch and didn't even fight to prove a point by finishing just a second or two behind Vettel.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 AM   #36
YGOAMG

How many likes for this:

RBR: VET/ALO
SFM: MAS/WEB
VMM: BUT/HAM

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
rossim3

My Ride: myki
Webber fans seem to forget this.....

Webber
Races :200
Wins: 9
Championships: 0

Vettel
Races :103
Wins:27
Championships: 3

F1 is about the worlds best driver not the worlds best team mate/personality. and Webber is neither. Who gives a fk about what happened to Webber, he isnt a world champion and never will be. How many more years and chances does he need? He only lets Australia down (performance and personality).

Seb is the only chance RBR has of winning championships. HE NEEDS ALL THE POINTS HE CAN GET.

How can you support an Australian Driver who has taken the spot of other young up coming drivers and hasnt done **** in F1? Not only that, but he bad mouths his fans and the Australian GP every year.

Last edited by rossim3; 03-26-2013 at 06:14 PM.
rossim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #38
YGOAMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post
Webber fans seem to forget this.....

Webber
Races :200
Wins: 9
Championships: 0

Vettel
Races :103
Wins:27
Championships: 3

F1 is about the worlds best driver not the worlds best team mate/personality. and Webber is neither. Who gives a fk about what happened to Webber, he isnt a world champion and never will be. How many more years and chances does he need? He only lets Australia down (performance and personality).

Seb is the only chance RBR has of winning championships. HE NEEDS ALL THE POINTS HE CAN GET.

How can you support an Australian Driver who has taken the spot of other young up coming drivers and hasnt done **** in F1? Not only that, but he bad mouths his fans and the Australian GP every year.
I remember it was either 2010 or 2011.. after the race he parked the car at the end of the pit exit. And just walked back to the garage.
while all other drivers did their in lap while waving to the fans.

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #39
brett05

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossim3 View Post

Sorry but that's the biggest load of uninformed sh!t I've read for ages.

Last edited by brett05; 03-26-2013 at 09:17 PM.
brett05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #40
YGOAMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
Sorry but that's the biggest load of uninformed sh!t I've read for ages.

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
who da F done that?