E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #61
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #62
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Alec, what are you long term intentions with this car? Do you plan on keeping it for the "long hual"?

I mean, are you ever going to sell, or are you going to make it into a classic (hopefully)...

Reason I ask is because I have ALWAYS had the intentions of keeping my 3 sedan until the wheels fell off (I would not let that happen). . .

As of late, I feel like selling and it only has 88k miles. 2001. The thing is, it's worth more to me sentimentally than it is fiscally. If I find myself in a real pinch I'll get rid of it and just drive my M3 but until then I just don't know..

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #63
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Alec, what are you long term intentions with this car? Do you plan on keeping it for the "long hual"?

I mean, are you ever going to sell, or are you going to make it into a classic (hopefully)...

Reason I ask is because I have ALWAYS had the intentions of keeping my 3 sedan until the wheels fell off (I would not let that happen). . .

As of late, I feel like selling and it only has 88k miles. 2001. The thing is, it's worth more to me sentimentally than it is fiscally. If I find myself in a real pinch I'll get rid of it and just drive my M3 but until then I just don't know..
Hell no, I couldn't live with myself if I sold this thing.. it's my first car and I've literally poured my entire adult life (16-23) into it with no regard whatsoever for my own financial situation. I would NEVER sell the car because of a financial bind or similar.

The only way I would ever part ways with it would be an accident that totals it beyond feasible repair. By that I mean a SERIOUS accident, like 2 crumpled quarters, broken back window, heavy twisted frame damage that goes the entire length of the car, no body shop in town will touch it. If that happens, then fine, I'll just find another one in this color and swap as many parts as I can. It's not like these cars are expensive now

One of my top goals in life to have a beastly car collection, and this car will probably continue to be my favorite until I get a sick widebody 911 with a huge wing.

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #64
hi its me alec

Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
However, I DID use all my e46 Manual Swap Funds to cross over to the dark side. I feel like a bad boy, but I love the car. It's a euro import, and has an AMG body kit + low offset BBS, power reclining rear seats, etc. 1984 500SEL with 160k miles..

Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #65
NorthJersey 3er

My Ride: '03 M3 / '72 2002tii
Wow so upset to see the car got keyed man. Your car is one of my favorites on here since I joined. So happy you're still rocking the pre facelift sedan, at times I wish I had kept mine. Keep up the good work and the Benz looks awesome as well! Looking forward to what you have in store for that as well!

co-founder of
euro techniks

NorthJersey 3er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #66
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Beautiful car man! You did a great job hiding the key marks. How do you level the paint after you build up the touch up paint? With an orbital or other power sander?
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #67
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey 3er View Post
Wow so upset to see the car got keyed man. Your car is one of my favorites on here since I joined. So happy you're still rocking the pre facelift sedan, at times I wish I had kept mine. Keep up the good work and the Benz looks awesome as well! Looking forward to what you have in store for that as well!
Thanks Matt. Yeah I've always had a soft spot for the PF sedans, I think they're just the perfect car. I was sad when you sold your sienna red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
Beautiful car man! You did a great job hiding the key marks. How do you level the paint after you build up the touch up paint? With an orbital or other power sander?
Actually I didn't do anything to level it, just buffed the scratches out as best as possible and touched up a few bad spots that didn't buff out. It was still visible in direct sunlight or if you looked up close. Took me 20 or 30 minutes to do and definitely made me feel better about driving it at the time. I'm surprised it came out so well actually. To the person responsible for this - "I win!"

Last edited by hi its me alec; 03-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #68
fat-marshmellow

My Ride: ///M3 SMG
damn dude, we need a photoshoot this year lol

ex: 2002 TIAG 325xi (sold), 2007 suzuki gsxr (sold)
current: 2002 carbon black ///M SMG
halogen headlights? want hid projectors? on a budget? maybe i can help! go here!!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840919
fat-marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #69
patdeezy

My Ride: a grey e46 sedan
Send a message via AIM to patdeezy
Alec, youre a true OG. love everything you've done with the whip

REALIE CLUB 2007 - I'M KEEPIN IT REAL!

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
patdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #70
hi its me alec

hasn't even been buffed yet!

Last edited by hi its me alec; 04-08-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #71
FromE55toM5

My Ride: 6spd E60 ///M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by patdeezy View Post
Alec, youre a true OG. love everything you've done with the whip
+1

Previous Whips:
330ci | ///M3 | E55

Endless Auto Body
FromE55toM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #72
Skazzy

My Ride: X Wing
Hey Alec, how is your interior holding up with dye project you did a few years ago? Post some pics if you get a chance.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #73
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skazzy View Post
Hey Alec, how is your interior holding up with dye project you did a few years ago? Post some pics if you get a chance.
There was some initial wear on both seats and headrests because I caked the dye on without diluting it. I'll take some pictures.

I'm planning to go ahead and redo them while my trans swap is being done!

edit: car is almost all back together, the front bumper should be done today. He already sanded and buffed the paint work.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 04-28-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #74
JZambrano7

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Body Work and Updates for 2012

Paint looks flawless!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

-JZ7-
JZambrano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #75
RidinBimmerz

Have you thought of having your window trim painted to match the car? (or at least blacked out) It's the one thing that bothers me about your ride

Last edited by RidinBimmerz; 04-28-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #76
hi its me alec

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Have you thought of having your window trim painted to match the car? (or at least blacked out) It's the one thing that bothers me about your ride
I'm still on the fence about it after about 5 years of thought. LOL. I really like the chrome from the side profile, it accents the body lines and the wheels really nicely. Gloss black would be good to do some day I think.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #77
RidinBimmerz

Gloss black or even matte would look so much better imo. I know what it is like to get "used" to something like that, though. There's a small thing or two on my cars that people go "?" and I'm like yeahhhhh...... well......

Old 04-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #78
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
your car is sick brother

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #79
SManganella

My Ride: 04' 325ci
Body Work and Updates for 2012

Paint does look flawless and I have to admit this probably is one of, if not my favorite sedan on the site. Keep up the great work.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #80
hi its me alec

Some bad news...

I only made it 22 miles until something happened to it. I absolutely nailed some unfinished/unmarked construction work last night, it was several 4" deep cutouts around manhole covers. It might as well have been a curb or two.

Damage:

- Scraped bottom of front bumper and re-stress cracked it. It was just cleared yesterday morning, and installed at 5:30PM last night. Lasted a good 5 or 6 hours.

- Broken left rear spring

- Bent left rear upper control arm

Probably more.

So, if anyone thinks their roads are the worst right now, I would encourage you to thank your lucky stars that you didn't have to drive down Lake Street in Minneapolis last night.

Last edited by hi its me alec; 04-29-2013 at 09:28 PM.