E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
Coming up on 100,000 miles. Time to check Bentleys!

I'm about to flip my first 100k, and I'll be completely honest, I haven't been the most attentive owner lately. Tons of things going on in my life right now, etc. etc. I have changed the oil/filter, kept up with the tire pressures, maintained my aftermarket air filter, but that's it.

I know I need to do a:
-radiator flush
-brake fluid swap
PLUS I'm planning on using my Bentleys as a guide to the rest of this "centennial" maintenance op.
But if anyone has anything they'd like to throw into the mix for consideration, I'm all ears (well, eyes).

Thanks all.
Radar

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
bee-em-dougle-u

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I'd say change out gearbox & final drive fluids/lubricants, trans filter (if automatic), cabin air filter and make a close inspection of brake pads & rotors--change out if necessary. Get it up on a lift and do a good visual inspection to find things like cracked bushings, split boots on the halfshafts & tie-rod ends, bent lower transverse links on the rear suspension and any major fluid leaks. Good luck!

2002 BMW 325i sedan
Manual gearbox, but of course!
Tasteful mods
128K miles and counting
bee-em-dougle-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Do inspection II...and plugs...

Lots of stuff you could do besides Inspection II stuff...and if you've ignored most stuff...make sure you've done Inspect I stuff that's not covered in II.

I'm at 258,000 today...not by accident...by fanatics, Bentley, my shop, and my OCDness.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
radarcontact

Thanks guys.
Insp I wad accomplished already.
Brakes were upgraded 2 years ago. Suspension springs shocks upgraded 2 years ago.
Worried about messing with tranny as many have experience breakdown right after "maintaining" it. Hmmm...

I will put these suggestions on the checklist. Thanks again!

Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Aedion

My Ride: 2001 330CI 5spd
ill add that if you have the funds you should strongly consider replacing your whole cooling system as PM. my rear differential bushing failed around 100k which seems to be the average life of the bushing, if you're feeling a clunk in the rear when shifting gears then this is the most likely culprit. might also want to inspect your DISA and clean your ICV.
Aedion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
radarcontact

Thanks Aedion. I'll look those up in the Bentleys.

Soon after posting this thread, my cooling system went tits up, so I'm replacing 95% of it tomorrow. Pretty much everything except the radiator. Once I get it out I'll inspect it real close, then decide.