E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #11821
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Buy one
I haz no money
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #11822
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323ci newbie View Post
I haz no money
You can buy a nice custom Seiko for a couple hundred dollars.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3863/dsc0798.jpg
Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #11823
323ci newbie

Quote:
You can buy a nice custom Seiko for a couple hundred dollars.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3863/dsc0798.jpg
No money equals only a couple hundred

got it

Old 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #11824
323ci newbie

lol miles is typing his story
Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #11825
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
*hug*
What happened?

Now you can ask out your supervisor

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]
Supervisor already has a boyfriend.

Communication issues were the main thing. After quitting, we chatted, and he said he wasn't able to read my emotions and couldn't tell what I was thinking and couldn't tell if I was giving him an FU. Also he took some of my actions today as an FU. Me, I didn't understand how soon he wanted a drawing done, and figured he was doing his usual thing of saying he wanted it done now so it gets done quickly, just so it can sit in a folder, waiting to be approved. In the 60+ drawings I've done since being there, he's reviewed probably about 10, so I don't really have much expectations of drawings being needed immediately.

Boss asked me to get this top lid drawing done first. Then boss comes in and begins rudely questioning me about the drawings, questioning me about Solidworks, and how soon it can be done, saying I'm doing it wrong, not having an understanding of why I can't just make a drawing without the part file, etc... I say it'll be done by tomorrow or the day after. He is unhappy and says it has to be done by tomorrow or I get fired, I bite my tongue and say ok. Go out to shop to get drawing 2 of 2 used as source, boss follows me out and scolds coworker for not giving me both at same time and I have to make a second trip. Then on way back into office, another worker says he has the drawings I previously asked for for another part, so I get that from him. (This is what boss considered an FU, gathering information for a part that I wasn't supposed to work on until top lid was finished), boss comes in and scolds that coworker too. I go back to my desk, and then just walk to boss's office and say "I want to quit, when can I pickup my paycheck?"

Conversation begins about reasons for why, boss says he has no hard feelings be says I'm being insubordinate. I find out that he actually needed the drawing immediately, unlike previous drawings. I stick to my decision of quitting when asked. We talk of picking up paycheck, and that's about it.

Clifs: Communication problems; boss scolds me all morning. Boss puts me in position of finishing something that may not be possible in time, fired if not finished in time. I quit.

Last edited by mkodama; 11-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #11826
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Great. Now you can't buy your welder, and you don't have money. And no, I won't buy your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #11827
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #11828
mkodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
Great. Now you can't buy your welder, and you don't have money. And no, I won't buy your body.
Not like you can afford this.

But yeah, I'm sad about the welder part. A few people were counting on me for that.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #11829
Wes

Quote:
lol miles is typing his story
good call

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
Supervisor already has a boyfriend.

Communication issues were the main thing. After quitting, we chatted, and he said he wasn't able to read my emotions and couldn't tell what I was thinking and couldn't tell if I was giving him an FU. Also he took some of my actions today as an FU. Me, I didn't understand how soon he wanted a drawing done, and figured he was doing his usual thing of saying he wanted it done now so it gets done quickly, just so it can sit in a folder, waiting to be approved. In the 60+ drawings I've done since being there, he's reviewed probably about 10, so I don't really have much expectations of drawings being needed immediately.

Boss asked me to get this top lid drawing done first. Then boss comes in and begins rudely questioning me about the drawings, questioning me about Solidworks, and how soon it can be done, saying I'm doing it wrong, not having an understanding of why I can't just make a drawing without the part file, etc... I say it'll be done by tomorrow or the day after. He is unhappy and says it has to be done by tomorrow or I get fired, I bite my tongue and say ok. Go out to shop to get drawing 2 of 2 used as source, boss follows me out and scolds coworker for not giving me both at same time and I have to make a second trip. Then on way back into office, another worker says he has the drawings I previously asked for for another part, so I get that from him. (This is what boss considered an FU, gathering information for a part that I wasn't supposed to work on until top lid was finished), boss comes in and scolds that coworker too. I go back to my desk, and then just walk to boss's office and say "I want to quit, when can I pickup my paycheck?"

Conversation begins about reasons for why, boss says he has no hard feelings be says I'm being insubordinate. I find out that he actually needed the drawing immediately, unlike previous drawings. I stick to my decision of quitting when asked. We talk of picking up paycheck, and that's about it.

Clifs: Communication problems; boss scolds me all morning. Boss puts me in position of finishing something that may not be possible in time, fired if not finished in time. I quit.
The trick to impressing your boss is to tell them that the job is going to take x amount of time when in reality it takes x-1 amount of time. That way, it will always seem like you're working harder in order to get the job done faster.

But your boss seemed to have terrible communication problems... from the stories that you told, anyway. I don't think I could put up with somebody like that.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #11830
323ci newbie

Quote:

But yeah, I'm sad about the welder part. A few people were counting on me for that.
You've let your country down
Old 11-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #11831
Wes

Quote:

How much more money do you need to buy the welder?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #11832
mkodama

Quote:
good call

The trick to impressing your boss is to tell them that the job is going to take x amount of time when in reality it takes x-1 amount of time. That way, it will always seem like you're working harder in order to get the job done faster.

But your boss seemed to have terrible communication problems... from the stories that you told, anyway. I don't think I could put up with somebody like that.
Yeah, I did do the X-1 amount of time. I said job could be done tomorrow or friday, could have had it done today or tomorrow. The extra time thing just seemed to anger my boss even more. Ugh, frustrating.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #11833
323ci newbie

Quote:
good call

I just love stealing his thunder

And on the bad communications thing. I've had to work with some people that suck at communication and it ALWAYS make things far more difficult than it needs to be
Old 11-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #11834
323ci newbie

Quote:
Yeah, I did do the X-1 amount of time. I said job could be done tomorrow or friday, could have had it done today or tomorrow. The extra time thing just seemed to anger my boss even more. Ugh, frustrating.
Sadly you got put into one of those lose-lose situations
Old 11-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #11835
mkodama

Quote:
How much more money do you need to buy the welder?
I'm $700 off from the $3000 machine and then there is about $1000 in accessories needed.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #11836
Wes

Quote:
Did you ever talk to your boss about your communication issues?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #11837
mkodama

Quote:
I just love stealing his thunder

And on the bad communications thing. I've had to work with some people that suck at communication and it ALWAYS make things far more difficult than it needs to be
Why do I keep telling you what I'm going to do over text message before I post on the forum?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #11838
Wes

Quote:
I'm $700 off from the $3000 machine and then there is about $1000 in accessories needed.
That's not too bad. Sell your sisters dirty panties on ebay.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #11839
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
That's not too bad. Sell your sisters dirty panties on ebay.
I know someone who has an unused vending machine if you want to go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #11840
mkodama

Quote:
Did you ever talk to your boss about your communication issues?
Yes.

-He couldn't figure me out (thought I was always insulting him or blowing him off, actually I was just confused and asking questions).
-I couldn't figure out what he wanted (thought he just wanted me to work faster, actually he needed the drawing immediately).

Once that was ironed out is when he asked if I'd like to work until tomorrow and reconsider and I stuck to my decision of quitting then and there.

Closed Thread