E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Eli7146

My Ride: E46 4 Door Sedan
Rocket Bunny Spoiler suit e46 HELP

Chasing a rocket bunny spoiler to suit an e46, the only ones i can find they make for e36, does anyone know if they make them for 46's?

preferably just the spoiler not the whole kit, they look like this, i just think they look killa on bmw's :#

Also can interior lights i.e dash and centre console, be changed to blue? is it expensive?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14033660956_a8cf52bd97_c.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	581757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	581758   Click image for larger version

Name:	sarto-racing-widebody-bmw-e36-9.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	581759  
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
RossGuy

My Ride: FBM
Not sure on the spoiler or the use of the word "killa", but search for the interior lighting threads. I had it on a few of my cars and it was cheap and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Shut up and drink your snow from your plastic cup you hungry homeless homosexual.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
B78SYX

My Ride: 325CI 2004
OP, they might not do that spoiler for e46s, and just for e36, as it seems it suits ~better~ the more rectangular design of the latter.

I think most owners around this forum, like me, are a bit more into keeping our cars with a more mature and OEM look.

So, OP, I anticipate it will be a bit difficult to get too much of a positive feedback to your question and don't feel offended, if you even get references like "ghetto style" or "go get a Civic"...

It is just a matter of preference,...among other variables...

P.S.: Perhaps, you might want to think about a CSL trunk lid.
It really suits an e46 much better, in my opinion...

Last edited by B78SYX; 11-24-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
SilberVogel
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 330Ci Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli7146 View Post
Also can interior lights i.e dash and centre console, be changed to blue? is it expensive?
Regarding the interior lights, here's the last thread I saw on swapping LED bulbs (lots of photos): http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=818289. Might be useful to reference if you're handy with a soldering iron.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:18 PM   #5
VMRWheels
Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 AW 325ci
Send a message via AIM to VMRWheels Send a message via Yahoo to VMRWheels
You might be able to retrofit a similar looking spoiler from another car and then modify/adjust from there.

Facebook! | Flickr! | Blog! | Instagram!
*** WINTER WHEEL/TIRE SALE!! ***
Old 11-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Old 11-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Keep that for the honda civics
Old 11-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
Quote:
Originally Posted by patton323i View Post
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
+1
Old 11-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
Gunsnbacon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2001 330ci
For those who say "keep it on a civic" and other similar comments: these body kits are used in very expensive high performance race cars and do serve a purpose to widen the track of the car. You are easily looking at $4-7,000 for the kit and fitment though not including any paint.

I have been on the search for a wide body kit for the e46 coupe that doesn't look ridiculous with vents and fins everywhere, but on mine it would actually serve a purpose along with aesthetics.

Good luck on your search and I'm sub'd to see if anybody finds anything useful.

There is a rivet on style CSL rear lip if i'm not mistaken.

Hard motorsport does make just the flares for a sedan though (its a mould of the m3 body panels):
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/hard-m...for-e46-sedan/

Last edited by Gunsnbacon; 11-24-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #10
piston-whip

My Ride: 2005 330Ci
Guns is right. A widebody kit, if made properly and used as intended does increase track performance. This is why the e46 M3 GTR, or any GTR for that matter, was a widebody.

And come off it with the Civic thing. There is nothing wrong with doing a couple of aesthetic mods on a vehicle as long as you don't get carried away. Use things that fit the style of the car and you can easily improve the look of the car while making it your own. I think that e46 coupes look amazing lowered 2" with 18" wheels, a front splitter, angel eyes, a csl trunk lid and a modest widebody. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't build up the engine at the same time.

God you guys act like keeping your car OEM makes you so mature but you act like 12 year olds when a younger guy wants his car to look different.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
ReIntegration

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to ReIntegration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsnbacon View Post
2003 330Ci (Current - Born on 1.10.03)(Had it since new born. Delivered from Regensburg on 2.24.03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai
Ready to get destroyed?
Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
Speedy12139

My Ride: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by patton323i View Post
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
+2
Old 11-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Eli7146

thanks guys, your feed back is much appreciated!

sorry if i offended you with my questions, i guess it is becuase i am only 17 and im into the new generations stuff which i think is cool but your critisism is taken on board too
i am new to the forum aswell so im still sussing everything

another thing, what do you think looks better in your opinion, flares/spoilers that show the studs or screws, or smoothed to the body?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
B78SYX

OP, you even didn't have to mention that you are very young. We've all been through that teenage phase, when we were craving for NFS-style mods and even beyond...

Regarding your last question, you have two perspectives:

1. "Studded" look - will give you that "industrial" / professional racing look and it would be more suitable if you want your car to look as "just fresh off the racing track".
Of course, this should be complemented by interior mods, using same style: roll cage, racing seats, racing belts / harness etc. Quite a major annoyance, if you will use this car for your daily tasks.

2. "Smoothed out" look - much more suitable for street use of your car. It will get you a more aggressive / sportier look, without being too much out of place, if you carefully select your parts. In this case, you need to complement your interior with bucket seats (racing seats would be too much), while keeping the rest of interior with a moderate sporty approach, so you can use this car, on a daily basis, without being laughed at as "the kid who just swapped his Playstation for a car..."

Therefore, take it easy and try to learn from others' mistakes. As I said, we have all been "there" but, in our teenage years, (for example, in my case, the late 90s), we did not have access to so many online resources or opinion exchange)

Just think a bit more like: what feedback improvement will you get (from girlfriends, buddies etc) in relation to your investment in such mods? Will it be worth it?

I think you know the answer, as I doubt you can do any of your mentioned mods, without putting down quite a budget. Just remember: you have an e46, a car out of production for a decade and your mods might do nothing to improve its resale value, on the contrary...

Last edited by B78SYX; 11-25-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #15
Eli7146

Thanks so much for your feedback it has helped alot and ive taken alot of it into thought!
Old 11-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
az3579

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli7146 View Post
another thing, what do you think looks better in your opinion, flares/spoilers that show the studs or screws, or smoothed to the body?
Personally I've always felt that bolt-on flares make it look like an afterthought. Something that's crafted for the body and smooth/integrated always looked more classy and "well done" on something like a BMW. The only reason they install the riveted type on race cars is because they need to cut down on the costs and quite frankly who cares what the race car looks like if there's a good chance that the car could get smashed on the track.

For a street car, I would go with the classy look and get something that's molded to the body.

There's a reason BMW goes through great lengths for clean aesthetics on the exterior that doesn't involve bolts or screws showing.

That's all just me though.

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Last edited by az3579; 11-26-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #17
B78SYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
The only reason they install the riveted type on race cars is because they need to cut down on the costs and quite frankly who cares what the race car looks like if there's a good chance that the car could get smashed on the track.
Exactly. Plus, it has to be fast to replace, by their technical teams. A bolt-on is very easy to remove and install, especially that, for racing bodies, they mostly use, I presume, fiberglass and other plastic-based parts.

Like you said - nobody cares about esthetics in a race - it's just function over form.

Also, one important mention for OP: Make sure you can still insure your car, if you add such mods, as a body kit etc.

I am not sure how car insurance companies, in Australia, deal with such mods but, here, in Europe, some companies are not very keen about this and they might even find a reason not to cover certain body works, unless such mods are locally certified by a Motoring Authority, like the DMV in U.S. or, as I think it is called Roads & Maritime Authority in Australia, if I am not wrong.

Somehow, they are right: those body kits or any other add-ons are not usually subject to any testing or certification.

That means you can even make your own fiberglass spoiler or any other part (or be made by plenty of obscure manufacturers, especially from China) with no official guarantee that part will not break apart in pieces or just fly away, at high speed, causing damage to others or even fatalities.

It is quite a thin line, if you think about it: as inoffensive as it might seem, an insignificant exterior mod can become a real road hazard, if it is made by less reputable sources. And Aliexpress.com proves that there are plenty of those..
Old 11-26-2014, 11:17 AM   #18
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
In America, you can get your car insured if there are body panels falling off of it.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #19
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Thumbs down lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsnbacon View Post
Hard motorsport does make just the flares for a sedan though (its a mould of the m3 body panels):
http://www.hardmotorsport.com/hard-m...for-e46-sedan/

oh my that is so cheap looking i'm surprised anyone could even sell those! why would anyone do that??
actually i take that back, as long as there are those idiots with "stance" cars thinking it's cool there is someone willing to take those idiots money.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:43 AM   #20
B78SYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
oh my that is so cheap looking i'm surprised anyone could even sell those! why would anyone do that??
actually i take that back, as long as there are those idiots with "stance" cars thinking it's cool there is someone willing to take those idiots money.
Oh, come on! Can't you see how that bolt-on...stuff...transformed that sedan into a GTR?
Those Veyron-like orange rims clearly confirm the fact that car has at least 999 hp...

As you said - it is not much about those who sell such stuff. It's all about those willing to pay them and install those mods...

Last edited by B78SYX; 11-27-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Closed Thread