E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #81
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Hey guys,

So I been messing with PA Soft lately and I realized that the LCM was replaced into my car which cause a tamper dot. I fixed all that however I still have a few things that doesn't seem to add up correctly. When PA Soft is launched it takes the information from the IKE and aligns it to the LCM. I fixed the Vin which removed the tamper dot however I can't seem to change the time criterion, paint code, or the FA-stream. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I also realized that looking through the scan information from the view log that the vin isn't all the same or that its all the modules. Would that make a big difference? I have included a photo to show everyone. Could anyone also explain what the ADFG is?

tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #82
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
Can someone tell me where the setting is to enable the seats moving to the position assigned to the key when the key remote is used to unlock the car? There is an option to have the seats adjust as soon as you unlock, or as soon as you open the door after unlocking.

From the docs I've seen there is a setting to enable that (I have it enabled on my e39 530i), but I haven't seen it in any shots of the coding UI.

Thanks very much.
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #83
dknightd

My Ride: 2002 330 cic
That seems to exist on some cars and not others. I could not find it on my 2002. It has sport/premium packages with memory seats. It should be an option. It was present on my friends car.

I second your appeal for explicit instructions. Could be it varies from year to year. Doesn't matter much any more to me, but would be nice to sort out.

This hardware/software seems to offer different options on different cars that you might think are very similar
dknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #84
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
I ordered from XCar 360 and got a Registered Hong Kong post tracking number about 8 days ago in my confirmation email from them...however, the link in the email goes to a page not working, and when I put the tracking number into the Hong Kong post site's tracking page manually, I am asked for an Enquiry Reference number (which I don't have) and so can't get any status.

For others who ordered from XCar, was your experience the same?
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #85
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
Takes a bit over 2 weeks for shipments from XCar. If Chinese New Year hits in the middle of the oder process it may delay things.

Also try your tracking number in USPS tracking, if the package has hit the US it should show up in USPS tracking system.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #86
Kmoy2002

My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
My original intention has gone downhill. This is starting to become like the other PAsoft thread. So much for keeping this strictly related to programming
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #87
pppham

My Ride: 740il S500 330CiC
BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Settings

I am at lost. Install 1.4 on Window 7 Home 64. Installation went well. Start to get use to the program then went into ZKE to change some of the setting for remote access - now both of my keys will not lock/unlock nor the central key in the car. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: How do you use PAsoft to go back to the original setting.

Last edited by pppham; 03-16-2013 at 03:13 PM.
pppham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #88
BM3R 330

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoy2002 View Post
My original intention has gone downhill. This is starting to become like the other PAsoft thread. So much for keeping this strictly related to programming

I have a small signature
BM3R 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:05 AM   #89
Hollywood516

My Ride: 02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhl1989 View Post
Hey guys,

So I been messing with PA Soft lately and I realized that the LCM was replaced into my car which cause a tamper dot. I fixed all that however I still have a few things that doesn't seem to add up correctly. When PA Soft is launched it takes the information from the IKE and aligns it to the LCM. I fixed the Vin which removed the tamper dot however I can't seem to change the time criterion, paint code, or the FA-stream. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I also realized that looking through the scan information from the view log that the vin isn't all the same or that its all the modules. Would that make a big difference? I have included a photo to show everyone. Could anyone also explain what the ADFG is?

I have damper dot for same issue. how do you program to get rid of tamper dot??
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #90
Lufeco

My Ride: 3251T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoy2002 View Post
Maybe so, but I thank you for starting this thread. It has tons of info hard to find elsewhere.

I'm new to this programming world and I couldn't have learned without postings like yours. I thank you for your contributions.
Lufeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #91
sparrow45

My Ride: 2001 330ci cabrio
Hi Everyone. Where would I find the settings to have my horn beep and lights flash to confirm locking from the key fob? There doesn't seem to be anything in ZKE options for this. The lights do flash when I unlock. Any ideas, settings or screen caps would be appreciated. Thanks.
sparrow45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #92
PMR

My Ride: 325xi
Your car might not have a factory alarm on it if it does not beep. but make sure hte acustic is checked in the alarm section. it was already discussed on the first page of this thread. but like i said if ur lights flash but no beep then u might not have a factory alarm.
PMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #93
PMR

Does anyone know how to make the dome light(interior light) not come on when the doors are open/closed or when locking/unlocking? I want the light to only turn on from hte button. Any help will do. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #94
mrmaico

My Ride: 04 ZHP, 05 R1200 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR View Post
Does anyone know how to make the dome light(interior light) not come on when the doors are open/closed or when locking/unlocking? I want the light to only turn on from hte button. Any help will do. Thanks!
Push the overhead button and hold it until the lights go off. Then they won't come on every time you open the door. Just push the button again to re-activate them.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #95
PMR

Haha thanks a lot man. Didnt think it would be that easy!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #96
sparrow45

My Ride: 2001 330ci cabrio
Thanks! That's what I figured. I guess lights only is better than nothing.
sparrow45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #97
latino1ny

My Ride: BSM 335i
Just read through this whole thread, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I figured I might as well try. I'm wanting 2 things done and wondering if they are possible to do. I haven't seen any mention of it reading a few coding threads.

Anyways, first is the "corner light delete" basically, when you turn your headlights "on" the corner lights, (front turn signals) don't come on. They ONLY come on when you use a turn signal. Basically deleting the "marker lights" Is this possible to do?

Second, is it possible to roll all windows and sunroof up upon locking the car? I see that it's possible for "windows up with key fob" but I'm pretty sure that means you have to HOLD the lock button for ~3 seconds for the windows to start closing, and you probably have to depress the button for the duration of the time it takes for the windows to close. This is NOT what I'm looking for. Basically, I want to be able to do this: windows are down and sunroof is open. I go to a store (or somewhere) get out of my car, shut the door, push the lock button to lock the doors, and the windows and sunroof fully close automatically while locking the car, so I can just get out, hit the lock button once, and continue my way to the store. It seems better than pulling up to the store, parking the car, pushing the window up (I have one-touch up and down) and waiting for the windows and sunroof to close before being able to exit the vehicle. Is this possible to do?
'08 BSM E92 335i 6MT/KW V1s/matte black grills/blacked out side markers/complete LED interior kit/DCI/M-aero front lip/Alcantara shift boot/Clutch stop/CDV delete/LED reverse lights/muffler delete/Cyba scoops/3.8" Cyba tips

latino1ny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #98
DFrye81

My Ride: 2001 330i
Kmoy2002 - BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
Live Data. A bunch of useful info:

How do I get to the Live Data screen that shows Battery Voltage, etc?

Thanks!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
DFrye81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #99
DFrye81

My Ride: 2001 330i
Bump
DFrye81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #100
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
^1