E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #101
lsteg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 978
My Ride: 2001 330ci
This is one of my favorite threads. Just waiting till some of these bugs are worked out to purchase.

Tip of the hat to nmcclana.
__________________
lsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #102
kmartgt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 8
My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible
I apologize if I have just over looked it, but are there explicit instructions right now to setup bluetooth music streaming?
__________________

///MARTINY
kmartgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #103
JasonSmithed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: University of West Ga
Posts: 317
My Ride: 00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartgt View Post
I apologize if I have just over looked it, but are there explicit instructions right now to setup bluetooth music streaming?
No I couldn't find how to display texts tweets and emails either
__________________
JasonSmithed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #104
JasonSmithed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: University of West Ga
Posts: 317
My Ride: 00 323i
I still can't find the port for the disc changer. Any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1345852045220.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	466234  
__________________
JasonSmithed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #105
nmcclana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 55
My Ride: 2000 323i
@lsteg -thanks! It's almost there,probably one more week to clean things up

@kmartgt - not yet, but it's coming up. It's straightforward.
nmcclana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #106
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSmithed View Post
I still can't find the port for the disc changer. Any help?
You'll see like, a rubber/foamy thing it's hard to describe but it's rolled up. Inside are cloths wrapped around wires. They are your cd changer wires
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #107
JasonSmithed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: University of West Ga
Posts: 317
My Ride: 00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL323 View Post
You'll see like, a rubber/foamy thing it's hard to describe but it's rolled up. Inside are cloths wrapped around wires. They are your cd changer wires
Got it. Clever.
__________________
JasonSmithed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #108
JasonSmithed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: University of West Ga
Posts: 317
My Ride: 00 323i
Thanks I found it zip tied behind the other wiring harness hidden
__________________
JasonSmithed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #109
JasonSmithed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: University of West Ga
Posts: 317
My Ride: 00 323i
I would buy this just to reprogram but I'm not good at source and there isn't a tutorial on anything other than what's on the install instructions
__________________
JasonSmithed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #110
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Need a release ASAP!! Long drive coming up and fast
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #111
nmcclana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 55
My Ride: 2000 323i
@CSL - coming up! First bug is fixed, just finishing the second bug. I've added a ton of features, too.
nmcclana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #112
wsmeyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 16
My Ride: 330CiC
How about making it so the live bus data also shows commands coming from the Kracker? That would make troubleshooting a debugging our own routines a bit easier.
wsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #113
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcclana View Post
@CSL - coming up! First bug is fixed, just finishing the second bug. I've added a ton of features, too.
Hooray push it out ASAP! Think you've got the MKIV under control?
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #114
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Ooo and I forgot one thing to suggest... As a general indicator, could you implement something on the software that would tell us whether or not an SD card is present on the board? Would remove the guess work of whether the SD card slot is soldered on properly. Another great feature would be using the Kracker as a USB mass storage device at a later release
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #115
lsteg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 978
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL323 View Post
Ooo and I forgot one thing to suggest... As a general indicator, could you implement something on the software that would tell us whether or not an SD card is present on the board? Would remove the guess work of whether the SD card slot is soldered on properly. Another great feature would be using the Kracker as a USB mass storage device at a later release
Can't you do that already with the SD cards? You can get ones that are 64gigs now-a-days. How much more space would you want? If anything going to USB 3.0 would be the best upgrade because of the transfer and read speeds.
__________________
lsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #116
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsteg View Post
Can't you do that already with the SD cards? You can get ones that are 64gigs now-a-days. How much more space would you want? If anything going to USB 3.0 would be the best upgrade because of the transfer and read speeds.
I think you've misunderstood me... What I meant was it'd be great to use the kracker as a device so that when you connect it to your pc, you can access and edit the files on your SD.
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #117
lsteg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 978
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL323 View Post
I think you've misunderstood me... What I meant was it'd be great to use the kracker as a device so that when you connect it to your pc, you can access and edit the files on your SD.
Seems like a lot of extra work that can be solved with an SD reader that comes on most newer computers or an adapter that cost maybe $15.
__________________
lsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #118
CSL323
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Keilor East, VIC
Posts: 899
My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsteg View Post
Seems like a lot of extra work that can be solved with an SD reader that comes on most newer computers or an adapter that cost maybe $15.
It is a lot of work and I do already have an adapter but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea someday though. It'd be nice to have a "SD CARD INSERTED" indicator on either the kustomizer or as an LED indication in the next release
__________________

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #119
lsteg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gettysburg, PA
Posts: 978
My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL323 View Post
It is a lot of work and I do already have an adapter but it wouldn't be too bad of an idea someday though. It'd be nice to have a "SD CARD INSERTED" indicator on either the kustomizer or as an LED indication in the next release
Indicator light - perhaps
transfer data via the Kracker - unnecessary
__________________
lsteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #120
ptrcd003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 356
My Ride: .
Does anyone know if the turnsignal is accessible to program? I'd like to activate the one-tap for 3 blinks of the turnsignal.
ptrcd003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use