E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
beemdubya

My Ride: 2004 m3
What camber plates?

e46 330 zhp sedan - lowered on h&r coils. The car is lowered to the point where the car needs camber plates to get more positive camber to be aligned and not pull or wear the tires quickly.

I've done as much research as I can but eveyone posts that they installed camber plates and never say what kind. I want to know what camber plates you all have experience with. A lot of camber plates are designed for race applications to get even more extreme negative, but this is for a low daily driver so a plate allowing more positive as well would be best. Also if you remember where you bought them and for how much is always helpful
04 imola m3 smg--19" black vmr csl style reps/angel eyes/projector fogs/carbon fiber interior wrap/alcantara boots/smoked turn signals/black&white emblems/black grilles/deleted side markers/sharkfin removed/cross drilled slotted rotors/20% tint/h&r coils/tms camber plates/adjustable rear camber arms/Custom Performance RT/Supersprint x-pipe/Agency power muffler/AA Stage 1
beemdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Weapon ///M

My Ride: E46
I'm not sure who told you that you would need camber plates to dial in positive camber to prevent tire wear, but that's simply not true. H&R Coilovers will not cause excessive increase in negative camber when lowered. Do you have your current alignment specs? It's the toe settings that you should be worried about.
Weapon ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
if your car is lowered enough to where you need camber plates then it's likely too low. Whats your camber at?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
beemdubya

My Ride: 2004 m3
this is my buddy's car actually. my ///m is slammed and camber plates allowed me to reach my stock alignment specs when there was not enough play in the stock adjustments. now we slammed his zhp (no such thing as too low) and his fronts are -1.7 and -1.5. camber. the toe is dead on, no need to worry about the toe at all. I just want to know who has some good input on their experience with camber plates on a 330 zhp sedan or any e46 non m for that matter
04 imola m3 smg--19" black vmr csl style reps/angel eyes/projector fogs/carbon fiber interior wrap/alcantara boots/smoked turn signals/black&white emblems/black grilles/deleted side markers/sharkfin removed/cross drilled slotted rotors/20% tint/h&r coils/tms camber plates/adjustable rear camber arms/Custom Performance RT/Supersprint x-pipe/Agency power muffler/AA Stage 1
beemdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
JG330i

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
Vorshlag.

http://www.modbargains.com/Vorshlag-...30-E36-E46.htm
BMW CCA MEMBER #462721
JG330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
JG330i

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
OR ground control.
BMW CCA MEMBER #462721
JG330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
I don't get it. My car is super slammed and I'm at -1.8 up front. It's not too far off factory specs. I wish I got like -3 like some people manage to do.

BimmerApp wut
Old 09-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
M3LIKECHIPS

My Ride: Prius
Slammed style are for hondas.... Please dont...
M3LIKECHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
fiveightandten

My Ride: '03 330ci / '98 M3
Proper camber plates will lower the car even more. It sounds like its already too low.

But if you must...I 2nd Vorshlag plates, but get them direct from Vorshlag. They're simply the best plates out there for our cars. I have them in my E36 M3. They're great.