E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
CaptWSims

My Ride: 2003 M3
Brand New Active Autowerke E46 328/330 Supercharger Kit

Kit is sold!

Last month I was a surprised high bidder on an M3 after I had already ordered an Active Autowerke Stage 1 supercharger kit for my 330ci. The box containing the kit arrived the day after the M3, and is still unopened. This is a complete Stage 1 kit, and AA will program the DME.

I am willing to take a $$$ hit on this kit--got a great deal on the M3, and have now sold the 330ci. Asking just $3499, and I'll pay for shipping within continental United States.

Email is CaptWSims@yahoo.com.

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...vel-1-p35.aspx

Last edited by CaptWSims; 08-16-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Update
CaptWSims is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
Jets330

My Ride: scrapes alot
dibs. bit skeptical on how you have 0 posts though..

Last edited by Jets330; 08-07-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Jets330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Jets330

My Ride: scrapes alot
PM me a phone #.
Jets330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
CaptWSims

I bought the 330ci 3 months ago, and the M3 just 3 weeks ago. I've used this site for info, but had no reason to post. Will PM my cell phone #.

Bill
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
330Cole

My Ride: 01' 330Ci
i would go for it, but how would someone safetly send this amount of money to a seller? (nothing personal OP, just wondering in general)
  • Lemforder ZHP HD Control Arms
  • Meyle HD FCAB
  • TMS Subframe Reinforcement kit
  • TMS Swaybars F/R & Adjustable Endlinks
  • 3.38 Open Diff
  • BMW Performance SSK
  • BB Gen 3 Headers
  • Eisenmann Race Exhaust
  • 3.5" Longtube CAI
  • 3.5" Conforti Eurosport Filter
  • Shark Injector
  • Stoptech Slotted Rotors
  • TMS SS Brakelines
  • ST Sport Pads
330Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
CaptWSims

Last month I sold a Triumph Sprint 1050 motorcycle for more than this amount and the buyer paid thru PayPal.

I'm not close to Massachusetts or I'd do a deliver and collect deal. I'll PM more info to you and my phone number. I do know there are lots of rip-off artists on the internet...when I was buying a car about 3 years ago I was amazed at the scams...ditto when selling the 330ci recently.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
CaptWSims

PayPal does have a protection feature for buyers, and I had to use it about 2 months ago. I ordered 2 M6 style wheels for the 330ci from a company in Florida and paid thru PayPal. After a month they had not delivered the wheels and would not respond to phone calls or emails. PayPal refunded all my money.

Check it out on the PayPal website.

Last edited by CaptWSims; 08-07-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
^^ fyi
thats only if the cash is still in the other account. if the person moved the cash out then you can say good by to your $$$. ask me gow i know ;-)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
CaptWSims

That sucks! I do know that if you inform PayPal you are initiating a dispute then they will put a hold on the funds so the seller cannot withdraw them. For what it's worth, I have a verified Premier PayPal account that is linked to my bank account. They have access to my account that way.

Sincerely,

Bill
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #10
330Cole

My Ride: 01' 330Ci
doesnt sound too bad. so theoretically just to be safe, would the buyer initiate a dispute as soon as they pay so they cant be screwed? Not saying i would do that! haha just asking
  • Lemforder ZHP HD Control Arms
  • Meyle HD FCAB
  • TMS Subframe Reinforcement kit
  • TMS Swaybars F/R & Adjustable Endlinks
  • 3.38 Open Diff
  • BMW Performance SSK
  • BB Gen 3 Headers
  • Eisenmann Race Exhaust
  • 3.5" Longtube CAI
  • 3.5" Conforti Eurosport Filter
  • Shark Injector
  • Stoptech Slotted Rotors
  • TMS SS Brakelines
  • ST Sport Pads
330Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
CaptWSims

IMO, that would be a way of protecting yourself...hadn't thought of it before.

But that should only be necessary with vendors/sellers who are not Premier Members and not verified...the vendor I was dealing with was both, so they were able to draw directly from the bank account that was linked with PayPal.

My PayPal account is also linked...is CaptWSims@yahoo.com. I suspect you can check out my account status thru PayPal.

Still, I would not mind having the "hold" put on transfer of funds until the supercharger kit was received.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
CaptWSims

As well as my bank account I have a VISA and a MasterCard linked to my account. According to PayPal, they provide Purchase Protection on all transactions except motor vehicles and illegal items:

Purchase Protection

If an eligible item that you've purchased online doesn't arrive, or doesn't match the seller's description, our Purchase Protection will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item plus shipping costs.

See user agreement

Here are a few examples of situations where an item doesn't match the seller's description: you purchased a book and got a DVD, you purchased a new item but got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during shipping, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn't disclose), or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knockoff instead. If the seller has accurately described an item, but you're just not happy with it, that doesn't qualify for Purchase Protection.

Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process. Finally, your account must be in good standing with us to get Purchase Protection.

Purchase Protection does not cover certain kinds of purchases. These include: digital goods (intangible items), services, real estate, motorized vehicles (of any kind), custom made items, travel tickets, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies or eBay's policies (stuff that's usually prohibited by law anyway). Purchase Protection also does not cover items that you purchase in person, or money you send to friends and family.

Most of the eligibility requirements for Purchase Protection are written above. However, if you still have questions, you can review more about Purchase Protection in our User Agreement.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #13
sunnyjay

My Ride: 01 330i
How about pictures of the kit? Ebay feedback? Positive feedback from other sites/forums?
sunnyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
CaptWSims

My eBay feedback score is 100% positive after 92 transactions. This can be verified by checking out item # 320958877148, a helmet I am selling. I have taken a pic of the shipping box, unopened and sent by Active Autowerke to me. If desired, I can open the box and take a pic. As for forums, I just bought my first BMW 4 months ago, but have been very active in the Alfa Romeo community since 1987. I post sometimes in http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/alfaromeo750-101 (I have a show quality 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta) and AlfaBB.com (also have a 1981 GTV6 prepped for track events). Also am a member of Alfa Romeo Owners Club and Deep South Alfa Romeo Chapter, http://deepsouthalfa.org. Facebook name is Bill Sims, Covington, Louisiana.

I am a retired Navy Captain. My PayPal account is a Premier account, is verified, and is linked to my bank account and 2 credit cards. In other words, anyone is safe dealing with me thru PayPal.

That's alot of personal information revealed on the internet...more than you'll get from most sellers.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Sounds like OP has given enough reasons/info to seem legit.

GLWS, Bill!

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #16
sunnyjay

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Sounds like OP has given enough reasons/info to seem legit.

GLWS, Bill!
agreed, good luck with the sale bill.
sunnyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
cadao

My Ride: 2001 325i
Is it compatible w/ 325i 01 ?
cadao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #18
sleepingbeauty

My Ride: 330ci soon!
if I had money, you'd have money.
sleepingbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
CaptWSims

Compatiable with 01 325?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadao View Post
Is it compatible w/ 325i 01 ?
This kit is designed to work with a 328 or a 330. I don't know what is different between this kit and one for a 325.

I've found Tech Support at Active Autowerke to be very helpful, so I suggest calling 305.233.9300/ 800.830.3596 and asking for Technical Support. They can tell you what might need to be changed/swapped/modified.

They are open 9 am to 5 pm EDT.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
CaptWSims

I'll call them today and post what I learn regarding fitment/application on a E46 325.

Tags
328, 330, e46, supercharger