E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
On to the next one......

I seem to have odd luck.....probably cursing myself with saying this.....

I never seem to have an issue getting the girl...I seem to have an issue keeping them. I'll also say I think I have the 'Good Luck Chuck' curse. As far as I recall.....most of the women I've been with that I still kept in touch with all got married to the very next guy after me. Talk about frustrating.

So the last girl I liked completely flaked. We spent the weekend together, I thought it was great chemistry, we kayaked, out to dinner, she introduced me to her best friend and husband, that went well, we had boatloads of crazy s e x......but then after she left my place that Sunday I never heard from her again. Bishes be crazy!!!

So here is the next one. Met her online Monday...we have a date tonight and she already hinted about coming back to my place after if the date goes well. 28yo 2nd grade teacher.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
I seem to have odd luck.....probably cursing myself with saying this.....

I never seem to have an issue getting the girl...I seem to have an issue keeping them. I'll also say I think I have the 'Good Luck Chuck' curse. As far as I recall.....most of the women I've been with that I still kept in touch with all got married to the very next guy after me. Talk about frustrating.

So the last girl I liked completely flaked. We spent the weekend together, I thought it was great chemistry, we kayaked, out to dinner, she introduced me to her best friend and husband, that went well, we had boatloads of crazy s e x......but then after she left my place that Sunday I never heard from her again. Bishes be crazy!!!

So here is the next one. Met her online Monday...we have a date tonight and she already hinted about coming back to my place after if the date goes well. 28yo 2nd grade teacher.

pics of the last one. part of the problem may be that she had a husband. should have been a clue.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Mark M

Reading comprehension not your best suit? lol. She was divorced....ex husband lived 90 min away. She introduced me to her best friend and 'best friend's husband'. Guess she just wanted to get the cob webs dusted off her box

Here is her pic
Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Sure you don't have some old fatty that put a hex on you that you need to go pity fvck to remove the hex? I'm pretty sure theres a shitty movie like this out there somewhere....
Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Mark M

There is.....seriously....the movie is Good Luck Chuck. I have the curse. I can recall half a dozen or so serious ex gfs that got married to the very next guy after me.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
BMWPower06

My Ride: ///M5 & VW Group Car
Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
u haz 2 ///Ms and the ladies don't want you?! What is this world coming to

srsly tho, keep moving on and doing you, you'll find someone eventually. Just remember to always do you!

PS- more pics of the new girl plz

Sold: ACS 330Ci :(

Last edited by BMWPower06; 08-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.
BMWPower06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
u haz 2 ///Ms and the ladies don't want you?! What is this world coming to

srsly tho, keep moving on and doing you, you'll find someone eventually. Just remember to always do you!

PS- more pics of the new girl plz
no E92 no care. bishes be shallow
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
where you meeting them online?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
Mark M

Yup.

Things started off great with the new one. She is a 2nd grade teacher with her masters and her own home. She seems very chill relaxed and fun. So far no signs of drama/baggage/or trouble. We're going out to dinner tonight.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #10
1TEXM3

My Ride: Gremlin
hope she is in your classroom as i right this hahahaha...... well how did it go? detention? bad boy? teacher instruction? and yeah more pics... she is definitely cuter that the prior imo... glw her !
1TEXM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
Mark M

Tex, it has been phenomenal. She is the type of girl that makes ya want to let down your guard. I know Collin would preach that the Alpha male needs to remain aloof and to my credit outwardly I have been trying convey an aloof demeanor.

She ticks off all the boxes of what I am looking for in a girl. Fun, attractive, responsible, family oriented, no baggage, never married, no kids, financially stable, intelligent, owns her own home in the city, good parents, amazing in the sack, etc. Granted a lot of this is likely a result of the newness of it all, but fingers crossed and have a good feeling about this one.

We spent almost the full weekend together. I cooked dinner for her Fri and we put down a couple bottles of wine and watched movies. Sat I was away at a car club event, but Sat evening she cooked dinner for me and then we went out for cocktails here in the area. Sunday we went to Hershey Park. So very intrigued to see where this could lead with her.

The one in purple

Last edited by Mark M; 08-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
All these girls look crazy, like mentally crazy. Hit it and quit it.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Your biggest issue it seems is thinking about marriage. Stop doing that man. It's generally a dumb idea BUT besides that all guys I know that give off that vibe aren't very successful long term with women.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
OP- you're doing what girls typically do to guys...Jumping in head over heals to quick and scaring them off. Stop for forcing the issue.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
gqkris

My Ride: 02 BMW M3 99 Cr-V
Ewww!!! For 1,2 and 3
gqkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I agree with Brad.

Something about them scares me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqkris View Post
Ewww!!! For 1,2 and 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
I agree with Brad.

Something about them scares me.
Mark is older, and has a son. Looks should be a priority, but not the first one. He needs to find someone that matches him mentally, intellectually, and not afraid of a man with a child. Those are very hard to find, so if he has to settle a bit for the looks department, it would be better in the long run. Hot girls that are willing to date a guy with a kid usually only want to be taken care of. His situation isn't like everyone else, and you can't base your personal situation on his.

Mark, no matter how much you like her, don't show it until she does. The fact that you're still going out with her shows you're interested enough. You'll know when it's time to let the guard down, but too soon could spook her.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #18
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I wasn't talking about their looks so much.

I meant they look like the type of woman that would go into some sort of episode one day and drown your kids in the bathtub and set the house on fire. Because you had to work late that night.

But im just some guy on the internet. Ive never met them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Mark is older, and has a son. Looks should be a priority, but not the first one. He needs to find someone that matches him mentally, intellectually, and not afraid of a man with a child. Those are very hard to find, so if he has to settle a bit for the looks department, it would be better in the long run. Hot girls that are willing to date a guy with a kid usually only want to be taken care of. His situation isn't like everyone else, and you can't base your personal situation on his.

Mark, no matter how much you like her, don't show it until she does.
The fact that you're still going out with her shows you're interested enough. You'll know when it's time to let the guard down, but too soon could spook her.
I see what you did there

Look, there is nothing low value in a man expressing himself (before she does or otherwise), as long as he is does so in a non-attention, non-reaction, non-validation seeking way. Done with congruency (i.e., body language, vocal tonality, social status, etc.) it can be a huge turn on for women, not to mention a huge source of comfort (an important factor many guys often overlook). Showing affection shows affection (obviously) but it can also be a selfishness act (of a sort) / a show of value. Selfish in that you told her "I love you" (to give an example) not only to make her feel special but also because you felt like it, you simply felt like expressing yourself and it made you feel good to do so. Do you really think a high value male is bound by social norms; think about it, would a high value male be scared to express himself? Bottom line is that you should never be afraid to do what you want to do, say what you want to say, just be confident in doing so. Leading is always a good thing when done congruently, and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know **** about women. Now there are different ways to lead, one could certainly do as you suggest and have results just as well. The point I'm trying to make is simply that there are no bound rules of the game, they can all be broken and given the proper amount of confidence and congruency, you can still get the girl.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 08-30-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #20
Mark M

Well a bit of an update.....

So far things seem to be going well with the new girl. We seem to connect and have great chemistry, both of us are very witty comical and sarcastic which totally works for me. We both have similar views on family, financial matters, s e x. The one area we have differing views on, the horrible R word, Religion. While I am not the ultra religious type, I do have my faith and am trying to raise my son with an understanding of it. However, I am not the type to push things on anyone, more like one of those differences that I am trying to respect and work around and see how everything else plays out.

We're going out to a baseball game and drinks tonight with friends, then off hiking and kayaking Sunday.

I've become careful in showing too much expression or interest. For every two or three showings of expression she gives I will give one. But as Smoak said, rules don't really apply, rather I am just trying to continue to convey interest but do so without coming off stiffling. Plus I am just being me, I am not the type to overly show expression anyway.

Either way, I like the way things are going, it feels very comfortable and relaxed with her, none of that uneasy awkwardness.