E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Home Improvement

Home Improvement
Home Improvement ideas, help, DIYs, and show room. Got a home improvement project you need help with or want to share. Post your project now!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #21
Tb151

My Ride: 2008 Range Rover FF
Send a message via AIM to Tb151
I put up the other Gearwall I bought. This will be the toys/balls/stroller area. I also managed to scuff up some of my paint job while putting these up so I'll be fixing that this weekend. I'm starting to get addicted to this whole being organized thing....Frikken Adderall.

Tb151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
Tb151

Completed another small garage project today.

I installed a Lutron motion sensor switch in the garage. If you drive or walk in, the lights automatically turn on. The wife had mentioned that it would be cool so I made it happen. At first i bought a switch which didn't support the new lights so I ordered this one from Amazon.

Install was a PITA because it's a 3 way switch and I had to basically learn how to wire those to work properly. It included installing a jumper wire on the other switch which is just inside the house prior to the door to the garage. Basically, try something, run downstairs to the breaker box to turn it on, check to see if it worked, then run back down to turn it off, back up to try something else etc etc....

Hugely pumped though, makes things easier.

Last edited by Tb151; 11-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #23
Tb151

And I realized I didn't ever show the lights.

One of these on each side of the garage with T8 Daylight Bulbs. I ****ing love these, this pic is taken at dusk so you can't really tell but the garage gets pretty damn bright.

I "jerry rigged" it a bit and ran bulb adapters instead of hard wiring actual outlets in place of them. I wanted to make sure I liked these. That being said, I doubt I will motivate my fat ass to get back up on that ladder and fix it.

Last edited by Tb151; 11-03-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #24
Tb151

Found some time to put up the 30" cabinets. Really impressed with them and easy to install. I'm going to put a workbench under them, add another big gear locker and mount both of those on the wall as well. The first 2 pics have the lighting dulled but i kept the 3rd natural.

Last edited by Tb151; 11-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Tb151

Since I don't have a cool car right now, I've turned to glamour shots of my son's POW POW Powerwheels

Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #26
Tb151

It's been a while but I've done more work in the garage. I also wanted to share a garage slick deal that i think is pretty cool. No pics yet but will have some soon.

Since this, I have moved the center cabinets over to the right. They were on Gear Wall which was overkill, so I mounted them on Gear Track instead, its much cheaper and allows me to use the GearWall for hooks and other stuff. Below the Gearwall, where the cabinets were, I ordered a Gladiator WorkBench and a Viper Tool Box. Also mounting the Gear Locker to the wall instead of on casters on the floor.

Here is a link to the ToolBox which is on sale for $260 in alot of cool colors. I went with White, but there are alot more. I grabbed it for $260 and apparently the quality is very high for that price?

Link to ToolBox: http://www.sears.com/viper-tool-stor...p-00929014000P

I also bought more GearWall and doubled the surface area here, bringing it all the way to the Vacuum Cleaner:

This stuff is addicting and I need to stop, but I doubt I will until I at least get some flooring down. One side note: I used an Impact Driver for the screws and holy hell, so much better than a power drill. I bought a Hitachi for my father in law but think I need to pick one up for myself as well.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #27
325kev

My Ride: 03 325i 5MT
How do you like that Viper toolbox? I've been looking for something similar and saw a good quality Craftsman cabinet on clearance the other day that I liked. Is the Viper one good quality/heavy duty?
Good job on the garage. I've also been wanting to add in some overhead fluorescent lighting. I was thinking a few T8 fixtures, similar to what you did.
325kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #28
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Didnt read above too much, but did you decide on flooring or will you be epxoying it?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
Tb151

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325kev View Post
How do you like that Viper toolbox? I've been looking for something similar and saw a good quality Craftsman cabinet on clearance the other day that I liked. Is the Viper one good quality/heavy duty?
Good job on the garage. I've also been wanting to add in some overhead fluorescent lighting. I was thinking a few T8 fixtures, similar to what you did.
The Viper Toolbox is awesome, I'm a big fan. The quality is substantially better than what I've seen from everything else short of full mechanic grade. I also bought the bigger upper chest for it as well. That was delivered all messed up, fully tweaked yet the shipping box was fine. Weird

Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
Tb151

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Didnt read above too much, but did you decide on flooring or will you be epxoying it?
Going with Racedeck but haven't put it in yet. We're re-doing our kitchen and funds are diverted there for now. I cant stop until we have that though, it's not done until the floor is proper