E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
NIQUE69

My Ride: 1999, 323i Sedan
Bav (bsw) sound solutions???

Does anyone know if BAV SOUNDS, the one and only source for direct replacement speakers is still in business? I have called two different phone numbers 404 855 1963 and 404 963 8857 over the past two months and NADA. Wait, I did speak with someone about a month ago inquiring about a military discount and was told that they would do 10%. When I finally had money to spend and called back, left messages (4-6) I get no calls back.

Oh yeah, I have tried the email option as well, nada. Is this what I can expect for customer service???

Please tell me there are other options!!!
NIQUE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Br3tt71

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
They are still in business I had just ordered my replacement speakers from them a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier. The customer service for me was good I had quite a few questions and got quick replies by email. rhp@bavsound.com this is the guy I talked to his name is Halston Pitman give him a shot he was good with helping me out
Br3tt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
why not just order online?

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

My Ride: Bavsound
Nique,

I apologize for the difficulty you may have had in reaching us this week! I was up in Chicago at our final assembly facility this week, leaving our phones a bit understaffed. We would be happy to get that order in for you, and feel free to shoot me an email directly, or shoot me a call and we can get that setup. Alternatively if you want to knock that order out on our site, I would be happy to get that discount applied still once it is in!

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

Jeremy Bavsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
staticbelow

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Nique,

Be careful to order the right parts. I mistakenly ordered the wrong speakers on August 1st, 2012 and I am still waiting to get the right speakers from BSW. I contacted them immediately after I realized my error and they send me some forms to send them back. That was almost two weeks ago and now I can't get a hold of anyone at the company. I've emailed them and called them and nothing. I've been driving around with my doors torn apart for two weeks thinking that today would be the day they came. Then I checked my online banking and I see that nothing has changed. No refund. No new charge for the right speakers - nothing. I'm starting to get a little worried now that I don't have the wrong speakers or my money!
staticbelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Jeremy Bavsound
Sponsor

My Ride: Bavsound
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticbelow View Post
Nique,

Be careful to order the right parts. I mistakenly ordered the wrong speakers on August 1st, 2012 and I am still waiting to get the right speakers from BSW. I contacted them immediately after I realized my error and they send me some forms to send them back. That was almost two weeks ago and now I can't get a hold of anyone at the company. I've emailed them and called them and nothing. I've been driving around with my doors torn apart for two weeks thinking that today would be the day they came. Then I checked my online banking and I see that nothing has changed. No refund. No new charge for the right speakers - nothing. I'm starting to get a little worried now that I don't have the wrong speakers or my money!
Please shoot me over an email with your name and order number and I can handle this for you as well! Can't comment on your situation exactly without knowing the details but can assure you that we will get you resolved!

Bavsound | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404.381.1800

Jeremy Bavsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Gus330vrum

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bavsound View Post
Please shoot me over an email with your name and order number and I can handle this for you as well! Can't comment on your situation exactly without knowing the details but can assure you that we will get you resolved!
Dam... scary to have to wait that long....

Last edited by Gus330vrum; 08-21-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
Stinger9

Quote:
Nique,

So you ordered online without the protection of a credit card?? Not cool.

You ripped apart your car without having the correct parts there to install? Who planned this project?

What you describe does not speak highly of the customer service here. Please let us know how this turns out for all our benefits.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
staticbelow

**Update - I was contacted by the company last night shortly after posting to this thread. They said they would try to get them out by Friday. So with the weekend and shipping I should have them middle of next week. That is if everything goes right. I'll post an update once I actually get the speakers.

(And for the record, the speakers were purchased with a credit card. Although that provides a certain level of security, I'd rather not have to deal with that and I don't think anyone else on these forums would either - especially when dealing with a forum sponsor. And yes, I realized I had the wrong parts once I had taken the door apart.)
Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
Stinger9

Quote:
**Update - I was contacted by the company last night shortly after posting to this thread. They said they would try to get them out by Friday. So with the weekend and shipping I should have them middle of next week. That is if everything goes right. I'll post an update once I actually get the speakers.

(And for the record, the speakers were purchased with a credit card. Although that provides a certain level of security, I'd rather not have to deal with that and I don't think anyone else on these forums would either - especially when dealing with a forum sponsor. And yes, I realized I had the wrong parts once I had taken the door apart.)
I'm pulling for you.
Great you used cc. At least you would not lose your money as could happen otherwise.
Look forward to reading the next report! Hope it's mostly about sweet sounds.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
TonyDiv

My Ride: 03 325Ci Convertible
Not calling anyone names, but when I ordered my speakers from BSW a couple of months ago, I was impressed by how idiot proof the web site was.
TonyDiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Oh joy, another vendor bashing thread.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
ExcelonGT

My Ride: 04 330ci ZHP 6-speed
i just ordered a dice mediabridge through them and have been dealing exclusively with Halston (via support form on website) as well as phone.. I found him very knowledgeable and responsive. I'm very satisfied so far.
ExcelonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
NIQUE69

My Ride: 1999, 323i Sedan
Thanks to evevryone for all of the words. Additional thanks to Halston for chiming in and letting me know that he'd honor a military discount. My intent was not to bash BAV nor put them on blast but instead to find out no kidding what was going on with them and the absence of anyone contacting me after repeated calls. From the sounds of things, at least one other person has had the same experience. As I wanted to spend money and get my tunes up and running ASAP (my old OEM speakers are shot) from the sole supplier of the equipment, I was expecting a bit more proactive interaction. Nonetheless, speakers are getting ordered tomorrow, hopefully they're in stock.
Halston if you're reading, 99 E46 323I sedan standard non HK system.
NIQUE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Apologies I am not on the forum a ton anymore. Trying to cover all the phones. Right now we honestly have a lot of backorders and it keeps me on the phone a bunch getting new information about the current status of packages. We are almost to the point where those are ironed out. Unfortunately that means a lot of time has to be spent on the phone handling this. Leads to some missed calls. Emails I answer almost 24/7 including weekends so that will always be a quick turn around!

Thank you for the kind words though. I am here to help!

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #16
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Adding BSW speakers to the 14 year old technology in the BMW Base system is the definition of putting lipstick on a pig. Very expensive lipstick.
You should have a very up to date head unit, speakers, and amps for what they charge for a set of theirs. If you have decent technology, and quality component speakers in the front and rear, then there is no need for 12 speakers to get quality sound in a BMW.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #17
Stinger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
Adding BSW speakers to the 14 year old technology in the BMW Base system is the definition of putting lipstick on a pig. Very expensive lipstick.
You should have a very up to date head unit, speakers, and amps for what they charge for a set of theirs. If you have decent technology, and quality component speakers in the front and rear, then there is no need for 12 speakers to get quality sound in a BMW.
+1
I think your succinct synopsis nails it.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
staticbelow

Update**

Well I finally got the correct speakers on August 26th. I installed them and they sound great in my 2002 330xi. I have the HK package and one of the old speakers was shot so I couldn't turn it up very much without getting a lot of terrible noises. The new speakers (6.5 sub woofers in the front doors) sound nice and added some punch.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
shadow 2

My Ride: 07 328i
Thought door speakers were midrange drivers with sub in the trunk?
shadow 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #20
staticbelow

My terminology does seem a little weird. What BSW calls the speakers is "Front Midbass Driver". I originally ordered midrange speakers and received the much smaller middle sized speakers in the door. Sorry about the confusion.