E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #41
staticbelow

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Money Refunded - 4 Months Later! Yeah!

Since I posted to this thread about 4 months ago warning others to be sure to order the correct parts, I thought I'd post a quick update.

I have finally received my refund for the wrong speakers I ordered in August. The refund was posted to my bank account on December 10, 2012. Yes, you are reading that correctly. The refund only took 4 months to be returned to me.

Overall I have to say that my experience with Bavarian Soundwerks (BSW) has been problematic at best.
staticbelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #42
eriksen76

My Ride: BMW 318D 2004
You've had very bad luck :O i live in Norway, and they didnt even have my order in stock, and it only took 1 week for it to arrive! :O and works great
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #43
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksen76 View Post
You've had very bad luck
Bad luck or personal vendetta?
Stinger9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
BobSC

My Ride: 01 330Cic, 07 750Li
I've purchased a number of things through BSW over the last several years. Most recently however, I have also been hit with the "backorder issue" and still have an outstanding problem.

I ordered the BSW stage 1 replacement kit last December. Kit arrived within a few days minus the mid-bass speakers for the front doors (I have a vert) which were backordered. I didn't know this at the time I ordered. I finally received the missing mid-bass speakers in March.

Fast forward to early October, I now have a problem with one of the mid-bass speakers. Lots of distortion coming from one side and it sounds like the speaker is blown. Since they are under warranty, I call BSW and they authorize a replacement pair to be sent to me and then I use the same packaging to send the problem speakers back. But...guess what, the mid-bass speakers are back ordered again. I still don't have a replacement speaker.

The backorder issue is a major problem with them. It isn't communicated well and if you are in the speaker business, you would think that they would have more in stock. I found this latest issue to be very frustrating.

However - in their defense, Halston has ALWAYS answered my questions and inquiries and has been terrific to deal with. I'm sure if he had the speakers he would send them to me. On a number of the items I have purchased from them, he has helped with product questions, install DIY's and with advice....so I have experienced both the good and the bad with BSW.

I will also say, that you have a choice when buying products. I chose BSW because they had upgraded products to my stock speakers (which were failing) and they were plug and play. I knew they were not the cheapest alternative, but that was my choice. I spent the extra money to buy something that is made for my car. Aside from my current issue with the mid-bass speakers, everything else has worked great and I would buy from them again.

2007 750Li (Sold)
2001 330Cic
2000 328i(Sold)
2004 X3
2012 X3
2012 750Li
BobSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Good unbiased information

how rare is that these days??
Stinger9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #46
BonesM80

My Ride: 02 330ci
Ive been reading these threads for quite some time now and was torn which route to go but what sealed the deal for me was the 5 year lead on about the stage 2 amp. In my opinion that was a strictly deicieving sales ploy designed to continually lure in new customers with the promise of a future upgrade
BonesM80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #47
linom3

My Ride: M3
I got my stage one kit and sub with no probles.
linom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #48
BonesM80

My Ride: 02 330ci
I was talking about the stage 2 plug and play amp to power the stage 1 replacement speakers that has been in developement for 5 yrs now. Not the sub and amp
BonesM80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #49
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
I wanted to pop in here and say we are still here. Obviously we had some lengthy backorder issues which were outside of our control. I can say with 100% certainty during that time we wanted to ship everyone as many speakers as they wanted as quickly as possible. We simply had no stock due to high demand and shipping delays. Unfortunate series of events which led to that. We now are fully in stock and items ship within 24 hours 99% of the time. This is something we always want to let customers know up front. We also even update as you shop with us as to stock status. If you want to confirm just give us a ring and I will check the actual inventory numbers.

As per the Stage 2 amp one of the owners replied with the details there. Stating we were releasing the amp was never a 'sales ploy'. The Stage 1 speaker upgrade is and will always be a core product. It is what started BSW and will continue to be offered even after the amp is released. We are even constantly improving the Stage 1 from packaging to the actual speakers themselves.

If anyone else has any questions, concerns or wants to discuss the poor qualities of a BMW cooling system let me know.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote