E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
Skaper

My Ride: '85 535i & '00 323iT
Isn't This False Advertising?

I recently purchased a few items from a advertiser on this forum and feel a little cheated. This photo below is from a screen shot I took of advertised item I purchased...

Would you think item 7 or 9 comes with the package? I personally thought they made a mistake and sent me the euro plate holder. I contacted the seller and the replay I got was "If you like to return the bumper that is okay with us. No one in the business has the plate delete with the pricing that is given. We never had a complaint about the bumpers with the items that is included as that is what is included."

What are your thoughts? Am I over reacting? Wouldn't the bigger euro plate holder cost more to make?!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
It is clearly more than 1 part. Was it in the picture or description where you bought it?
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Yeah what vendor? I picked up the delete strip for $30 on ebay OEM
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
doggy

My Ride: 330ise
they sent you 9? 9 isn't on the pricelist at bottom - they should have sent u 7
Old 08-20-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
blksab65

My Ride: 1987 325 (i Swapped)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Yeah what vendor? I picked up the delete strip for $30 on ebay OEM
+1 me too, the new one is so new that id doesnt match the trim around my car now :facepalm: but it did say "made in germany", i was surprised on that.
blksab65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Kenneth, we had already discussed this privately, but apparently you were unhappy with the results.

Our entire website is built off of customer feedback, for how long we've had the bumper, and how many we've sold, we have not had a single piece of feedback matching yours. The graphic will be updated.

No. It's not false advertising, it's a mistake on a graphic, which had never been brought to our attention before. Like we had already told you, if you're so upset to throw accusations in public about us that we are 'false advertising', return the bumper.

If you really feel 'cheated'; return it. It's hard to 'cheat' a customer when you're offering them a refund, I don't see any way that this thread will benefit you or us in any way.

If anyone wants to tell me how this is false advertising, and that we are blatantly cheating our customers, I'm open to hear how and why, and what we can do to change it aside from changing this single graphic on the product page: sales@khoalty.com

To me, false advertising is listing a product in multiple places for 119.99, but when you go to order it, there is not a configurable product of that style for 119.99, you HAVE to add either 50 or 35 depending on what option you select. There is no 'no thanks' option, you HAVE to add one of those price increasing options. Why list it for 119.99 if there is not a possible way to actually order that product for anywhere near 119.99? This is what our competition does, to me, that's much above this mistake which will be fixed likely before anyone else reads this post, obviously I can't fix your screen shot, but the site will be changed.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
If the graphic does not say something like " product in picture may vary" than yes you are paying for what you see an if you don't get what you see than it is false advertising. He should be able to return the bumper at Khoalty's cost, not his own. Having an out dated graphic of what the product looks like is bad business. If your not satisfied you can contact the BBB, or dispute the charges on the credit card.

I think the best situation is for Khoalty to pay for return pick up and shipping, once they get that bumper in good condition, then the 2 parties can work something out.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
DHK

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
Kenneth, we had already discussed this privately, but apparently you were unhappy with the results.

Our entire website is built off of customer feedback, for how long we've had the bumper, and how many we've sold, we have not had a single piece of feedback matching yours. The graphic will be updated.

No. It's not false advertising, it's a mistake on a graphic, which had never been brought to our attention before. Like we had already told you, if you're so upset to throw accusations in public about us that we are 'false advertising', return the bumper.

If you really feel 'cheated'; return it. It's hard to 'cheat' a customer when you're offering them a refund, I don't see any way that this thread will benefit you or us in any way.

If anyone wants to tell me how this is false advertising, and that we are blatantly cheating our customers, I'm open to hear how and why, and what we can do to change it aside from changing this single graphic on the product page: sales@khoalty.com

To me, false advertising is listing a product in multiple places for 119.99, but when you go to order it, there is not a configurable product of that style for 119.99, you HAVE to add either 50 or 35 depending on what option you select. There is no 'no thanks' option, you HAVE to add one of those price increasing options. Why list it for 119.99 if there is not a possible way to actually order that product for anywhere near 119.99? This is what our competition does, to me, that's much above this mistake which will be fixed likely before anyone else reads this post, obviously I can't fix your screen shot, but the site will be changed.
No offense but no one knew who he bought it from until you posted. And he hardly called you a cheat, he merely stated that he felt cheated, and not in money way, in a being deceived way.

It is certainly not false advertising, but surely you can relate to receiving something you thought you wanted and then finding out its not what you thought it was. Surely it is an honest mistake but, to me this seems like a logical way to gauge weather or not his feeling that he was misled is reasonable.

Maybe he could have worded the thread name in a better way but I don't think you need to get all defensive about it, fix your diagram and offer him a refund. Hell, maybe offer him 20 bucks in credit or something, but coming in here on your high horse defending your name doesn't really make you look all that great either.

False advertising has to be willful this was an honest mistake, but that doesn't make it any less misleading.

Last edited by DHK; 08-20-2012 at 12:46 PM.
DHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:

Lol at shot across the broadside
Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #10
TynWarrior

My Ride: '95 M3, '00 323i
Great reply from Khoalty! Though I probably would of stayed anonymous haha

I guess I wouldn't of assumed I'd get #9, just because it's not on price list... also why would you get/want #9 (euro plate holder) as we are in America and use American plates haha.

I think the moral is never trust drawn generic part diagrams.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHK View Post
No offense but no one knew who he bought it from until you posted. And he hardly called you a cheat, he merely stated that he felt cheated, and not in money way, in a being deceived way.

It is certainly not false advertising, but surely you can relate to receiving something you thought you wanted and then finding out its not what you thought it was. Surely it is an honest mistake but, to me this seems like a logical way to gauge weather or not his feeling that he was misled is reasonable.

Maybe he could have worded the thread name in a better way but I don't think you need to get all defensive about it, fix your diagram and offer him a refund. Hell, maybe offer him 20 bucks in credit or something, but coming in here on your high horse defending your name doesn't really make you look all that great either.

False advertising has to be willful this was an honest mistake, but that doesn't make it any less misleading.
The words 'cheated' and 'false advertising' will grab most businesses' attention, I don't see where you think I'm on a high horse, just posting what we think about his initial post. We had already privately discussed this issue anyway, when people bring issues that we feel are resolved into the public domain, we get our side of it cleared up and 'out there' as quickly as possible.

Again, we had no intention to mislead or deceive anyone. The graphic is being fixed now, and as you suggested, we had already offered a refund privately, and now publicly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TynWarrior View Post
Great reply from Khoalty! Though I probably would of stayed anonymous haha
Honestly, we have nothing to hide here, it's a criticism of our business which we are taking in and making changes because of. We have always been very transparent and will continue to do so, being upfront, open, and honest, especially in today's market, is the best way to do things in our opinion.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
TynWarrior

My Ride: '95 M3, '00 323i
Quote:
Honestly, we have nothing to hide here, it's a criticism of our business which we are taking in and making changes because of. We have always been very transparent and will continue to do so, being upfront, open, and honest, especially in today's market, is the best way to do things in our opinion.
like what I'm hearing! I'll be keeping you guys in mind for any future purchases :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
MercForHire

My Ride: sold...
Hard to do business with whiny kids. Complaining is easy on the Internet.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Hard to do business with whiny kids. Complaining is easy on the Internet.
This.

It makes the OP look shady since he didn't include all of the information and the lengths Khoalty has gone to mend this issue.

If you're going to get on a soap box then it's best to lay all the facts out there and not just the facts that support your case.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
choxor

My Ride: JDM
False advertising? No. Honest mistake? Yes. Customer being passive aggressive and childish? Double yes.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Skaper

My Ride: '85 535i & '00 323iT
I am not looking to return the bumper. I just think the issue with the graphic has been brought up before then why hasn't the problem been addressed? I don't intended to come off sounding like a whiny kid. I am sure that I am not the only one who has felt this way once they received the purchased item. This type of misleading internet sales happens all the time and it is not fair the consumer. I understand that the item missing is roughly only $30 dollars and like another member mentioned, the monetary value is not the issue. It would cost Khoalty or myself a substantial amount more to ship such a large item then to just purchase the delete plate. In my option Khoalty should take the Nordstrom level of service we all deserve from a merchant and purchase the block off plate.

I will say that I am pleased with the level of quality in the products and I plan on purchasing the M-Technik Splitters once this issue is resolved.

I also understand I am a new member and I am not looking to get off on the wrong foot with longtime forum members.

-Kenneth

Last edited by Skaper; 08-20-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Skaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaper View Post
I am not looking to return the bumper. I just think the issue with the graphic has been brought up before then why hasn't the problem been addressed? I don't intended to come off sounding like a whiny kid. I am sure that I am not the only one who has felt this way once they received the purchased item. This type of misleading internet sales happens all the time and it is not fair the consumer. I understand that the item missing is roughly only $30 dollars and like another member mentioned, the monetary value is not the issue. It would cost Khoalty or myself a substantial amount more to ship such a large item then to just purchase the delete plate. In my option Khoalty should take the Nordstrom level of service we all deserve from a merchant and purchase the block of plate.

I will say that I am pleased will the level of quality in the products and I plan on purchasing the M-Technik Splitters once this issue is resolved.

I also understand I am a new member and I am not looking to get off on the wrong foot with longtime forum members.

-Kenneth
Bottom line is this is something that should have been dealt with privately and not on a public forum.

From KHOALTY's response they have made every effort to right this and you, for some reason, still aren't satisfied. They've apologized and are changing the graphic and offered to make you whole financially.

You aren't going to find any more sympathy so I suggest letting this go.

\thread
Old 08-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
The part is so cheap, just buy it.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote