E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:47 AM   #261
CSL323

My Ride: '05 330Cic
Send a message via Skype™ to CSL323
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsoup View Post
Really? You don't understand? The guy just went through a traumatizing experience, he knows his car is ****ed but is unsure of the following...how it's ****ed, where, how much, what am I going to say to the insurance company, am I alright...just a gang of things running though his head...OM MY GAWD sounds like the most logical thing to scream out at that point.

And after carefully reviewing this video countless times, there was absolutely no hope for that poor car. The vehicle was airborne (minimal) just enough for no clearance before the rocks. Just a bad day, for a guy who will never ever fly like that on a hill like road again.

F
Relax sir.

Like someone said in a previous post, there was no hope for the car after he hopped in and turned the key. He's an idiot and it could've been prevented. Not by slamming the brakes, not by smashing the accelerator but driving that road the way it was meant to be driven. I hope the insurance company he was with didn't give any sympathy. It could've ended up much worse.

Yes, we all like to open up our cars here and there. That's all good and fine but when you don't know firstly how to drive and secondly when enough is enough, you shouldn't be on the road at all.

2005 BMW 330Cic Individual

J E T G U Y
CSL323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #262
ImMolton

My Ride: 05 AW E46 M3
Send a message via Skype™ to ImMolton
Holy crap that was intense!
ImMolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #263
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
is that a manual or a SMG?

im thinking SMG
ZHPinthe103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #264
Kirk330i

My Ride: '01 330i
I'm just glad he wasn't hot-dogging in town somewhere and hit some innocent people.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #265
BM-MAN

My Ride: Hot 3 coupe
Send a message via MSN to BM-MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
That kid couldn't have handled a bicycle in those turns. Terrible driver.
Great Sig bro. Love it.. LOL
BM-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #266
dnjisback

My Ride: bmw325i
I totally agree with you. First and foremost, this kid was too young and therefore too inexperienced of a driver to drive at those speeds.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
dnjisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #267
dnjisback

This car is definetely capable of doing those speeds, but with the added wieght of two people..... It made this situation even more dangerous along with his intoxication levels. The 325 has four doors but that doesn't mean they are built for this kind of speed while carrying a full load. An experienced driver makes this types of calculations before taking the risk.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #268
CroVlado

My Ride: 2004 MB BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to CroVlado
ahhh the parody .. awesome!

| 04 Mystic Blue M3 | 07 White R6 |

MY LAGUNA SECA BLUE INTERIOR DYE PROJECT
CroVlado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #269
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnjisback View Post
This car is definetely capable of doing those speeds, but with the added wieght of two people..... It made this situation even more dangerous along with his intoxication levels. The 325 has four doors but that doesn't mean they are built for this kind of speed while carrying a full load. An experienced driver makes this types of calculations before taking the risk.

- It's hard to say from just the one vid, but my estimation is that car wasn't getting through that corner at that speed no matter how it was driven or what it was (or wasn't) carrying. It's possible that a much more aggressive turn-in before the crest of the rise, followed by easing the steering when the car lightened up, and then cranking steering back into it when it settled back down could have gotten him through. But I seriously doubt it. So if what you mean by "capable of doing those speeds" is "that car can take that corner at that speed", I think you're wrong.

- The "added weight of 2 people" is really the "added weight of 1 person" since BMW certainly didn't design the handling thinking the car would ever be driverless.

- A driver and passenger is hardly a "full load". In fact, it's only 1 step above minimum load. The passenger could be humongous, but when the driver gets out, he doesn't look too heavy to me.

- This is the first I'm hearing that he was intoxicated. What's your source for that?

- It's an M3, not a 325, right? How do you know if it's a 2 door or 4 door?

None of that is really relevant (except maybe the intoxication part). The kid just went in too hot, the car wouldn't turn because of the crest of the hill, and he was done.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #270
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousMind View Post
In before new "Crashed my M3 - Is it totalled?" thread.
I LOL'ed

hahahahaa

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #271
dadysev

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via MSN to dadysev
Genie-Ass!
dadysev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #272
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
I'm surprised to see some e46 fanatics give him a pass

Why a f@@ing idiot

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #273
dnjisback

Sorry this reply was meant for the article about the 18 year old that crash his 325 with two other people in the car while intoxicated. He was going 122mph

Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #274
M3nthusiast

My Ride: schoolbus
Send a message via AIM to M3nthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastsoup View Post
Really? You don't understand? The guy just went through a traumatizing experience, he knows his car is ****ed but is unsure of the following...how it's ****ed, where, how much, what am I going to say to the insurance company, am I alright...just a gang of things running though his head...OM MY GAWD sounds like the most logical thing to scream out at that point.

F
Whoa there chief..

Logical? Is it logical to cry out to a non-existent god in vain? Seems more of a weak emotional response. "fdck!" "awwww sh1t" or even a "god dmnt" would be logical responses.

LOL anyway it was only a comment I made, not intended to be taken seriously. srs.

You know what else I dont understand? Why anyone would upload this video of themselves!? Incriminating evidence of reckless driving. Good luck finding insurance after that.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #275
Bemwe_03i

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
keep this 'they said' meme going, pic attachd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TS01.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	469236   Click image for larger version

Name:	TS02.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	469237   Click image for larger version

Name:	TS03.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	469238   Click image for larger version

Name:	tsm2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	469239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tsm.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	469240  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #276
wertyu78

My Ride: '04 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJL486 View Post
so rarely do we get to see a thread where the people who are real drivers/have track experience make the sensible comments and those who dont know how to drive just bash. not saying everyone here who bashed cant drive, but those who drive on tracks know that regardless of all the details about the driver himself, Mark M said it best, the kid actually crashed the way you're supposed to given the situation. also, as said before, knowing the course is critical, this guy obviously didnt know the course, and was driving way too hard for not knowing it. a tricky turn for a first run, no doubt. in my first experience on a track, I had a similar experience - I approached a similar turn, albeit at significantly lower speed, and as such, an unnerving shimmy later and all I lost was 2-3 seconds off my lap time!
I remember this. Good learing experience at the BMW performance center... I miss that day.
FX-R 3.0 Projectors | Turner H&R Coilovers| 26mm M3 Swaybar | HAWK HPS Pads | 265/40/17 Square Dunlop Z1's| Simota Intake | Supertech Valves w/ARP Head Studs | ARP Rod Bolts | Headers | 3.64 Diffsonline LSD |

Build Thread
wertyu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #277
HARD10

My Ride: '02 AW M3

.... makes you wish that mirror was adjusted differently to see his "oh ****" face.
HARD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #278
lucky_doggg7

My Ride: 2005 M3
What jack wagon. OMG! O_o. Classic. At least the little dumb-a$$ wasn't hurt so that's good.
lucky_doggg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #279
tacomeat1

My Ride: '05 M3 Carbon Black
I've done that SOOO many times!!! On Gran Turismo.
tacomeat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #280
HARD10

My Ride: '02 AW M3
^^^^ Pole Position for me.
HARD10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m3