E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
RickyZone

My Ride: 2003 330ci M-Sport
RickyZone's first car! Silver Gray 330Ci Journal

Hello E46fanatics!

Name's Richard! Back in november 2007 I joined E46fanatics, at the age of 14. As all of my friends were throwing cash at their mopeds/scooters, I decided that what I wanted the most was not a moped, but rather a car, and an E46 Coupé in particular. I decided to work hard, by selling chocolate cakes in my spare time after school, as well as working during summer holidays et.c, in order to be able to attain my future dream.

I once posted this thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...846&highlight=

Well, time flied, and with the help of my family, my dream became more and more realistic.
At the age of 16, I started practice driving. Last year, at the age of 18 (the required age in Sweden) I got my license. Already back then, I began searching for cars. My search also came to include cars like the BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Porsche Boxster and M3 E36, other than the E46 Coupé. The S2k was eventually removed from my list, after a test-drive. The same goes for the M3 due to the cost of ownership. The Boxster was too expensive in Sweden, hence I would need to import one. I ended up long debating between the Z4 and E46 Coupé. The summer of 2011 passed, and I had not found my car. My plans were put on hold, as I was going through the most hectic school-time of my life. Last year of IB - International Baccalaureate. Well, I came to graduate with an IB Diploma - which made me the happiest man alive. I started searching for cars, as I had planned to purchase one during the summer. However, beginning of august, I had still not found my desired example of an E46 Coupé or Z4.

But then one day, two weeks ago, while being out in the archipelago - I found a sales ad for a 2003 BMW 330ci. Silver Gray with the M-Sport Package. The car had never been driven during winters, and only had 75000km on it. According to the seller, it was in great condition. After having talked to the seller, as well as received additional pictures, I realized that this could actually be my car. I left the archipelago with the next boat and headed home. Two days later, I travelled 6 hours to go see the car. Trust me, the seller wasn't kidding. This car was in extraordinary condition. No door marks, no curb-rash, no scratches, dents et.c. Moreover, it had all options except the Navigation System. It was loaded. For the negotiated price, this was a bargain. I took the car to a highly regarded BMW Shop, which inspected the car, including the cooling system, subframe, control arms, bushings, et.c. et.c. Even the tech-guys at BMW complimented the cars beautiful condition. However, it did need new FCABs, front tires and an alignment. Eventually, I got the seller to cover these expenses. Needless to say, I bought the car. New tires were purchased the same day at a local auto shop, hence the car now has new tires all around.

Here is the first picture with the car in my possession. Filling her up for the first time, preparing for the 6h journey back home.

After arriving home and having been awake for 22 hours, it was time to get some sleep. Here is a picture taken the following day, in my garage.

After having been on vacation a few days, I returned home. I cleaned the car inside and out. I also used Turtle Bumper-shine on my aging rear-view mirror surrounds, as well as on the rubber seals around the front and rear windows. They all regained their fresh, black look. The car came out great after the three hour wash. The next day I went for a drive, and decided to bring my camera, in order to attempt a photoshoot. I'm still learning photography, and was quite happy with the results.

That's it for now.

All in all, I must say that I genuinely love this car. I do not believe I could have made a better choice for my first car. I love the condition of this example, the timeless styling, the way it drives, and the wonderful, three litre straight six engine. I hope to cherish this car and keep it for a long time.

UPDATE 12/11-2012

After a great late summer, It was time to prepare the car for hibernation. I gave her a bath and took her for the last drive of the year the following day. Now all I can do is wait for spring 2013. Time to sum up 2012!

WHAT'S BEEN DONE 2012:

* New tires (Falken FK452) all around.
* Detail
* New Front Control Arm Bushings (FCABs) - Post #19
* Wheel alignment all around
* Leather reconditioning (using OEM BMW cleaner)
* OEM BMW Auxiliary input installed in euro tray - My first DIY (pictures to come, soon)

FUTURE PLANS:

* Oil- and filter change in spring 2013
* New turn-signal side markers (the old ones are starting to look a bit matte/yellowish)
* New ZHP gear knob (the old one is suffering from a bit of wear).
* Repairing the sliding cloth sunroof-panel.
* New ABS-sensors in order to fix my faulty DSC - I haven't been bothered to do so this year, instead I have gotten to know the cars natural handling in different conditions. Next year I will fix it before having it inspected.
* New brake pads rear (due in 2500km)
* 19" BBS LM Replicas /19" CSL Replicas
* Possibly M3 E46/Recaro front seats

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by RickyZone; 02-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.
RickyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
SATX_E46

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via Skype™ to SATX_E46
Nice ride and some sweet shots there!
SATX_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Very cool!

Welcome back as an owner, and congratulations on all your achievements.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci & z33 HR
sO, selling chocolate paid off hu? Welcome back bro as a owner and wish the best to you. Take care of that car!

djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Looking great, angel eyes and drl delete would make it perfect though, and thats it!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
looks really nice
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Studdly_Studright

My Ride: 135i
Very clean! I just got back from studying abroad in sweden..they do love their cakes
Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
E40SICK

My Ride: 2001 330ci
first car eh? looks great. best decision i made
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Beautiful car! Facelift coupes ftw.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Something beautiful about a stock car

BTW, I want that M5 poster

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
NikkiKrisadtyo

My Ride: 2000 E46 BMW 318i
That's really nice, man. Because of the background story, I'll appreciate the mods even more from here on in. Contrary to (perhaps) popular opinion, I vote against angel eyes. I think facelift coupe angel eyes look weird. Small, detached, and out of place. But, I do vote for some nice VMR's or BBS's and perhaps some M3 mirrors. Keep us updated, man!

NikkiKrisadtyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Elvin123

My Ride: 328i
good to see you treating that car like a queen
Old 08-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
Great story and nice pickup. I wish you the best of luck with her.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #14
blazedxjan

My Ride: 01 325ci
Accomplishing your goals FTW

89' 240sx Coupe - Sold ): 98' 328is - RIP 91' Turbo MR2 - Sold 01' 325ci - Current
I like my Christmas hat; wanna fight about it?
blazedxjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
jbugg328

My Ride: BMW 328ci
clean clean

Instagram : JrVincent7
jbugg328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
good for you man
Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
AP1_RG

My Ride: 325i
Congrats!!!
AP1_RG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
RickyZone

Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments! I'm glad to be back here. Hopefully I'll be a bit more active from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnekkon View Post
sO, selling chocolate paid off hu? Welcome back bro as a owner and wish the best to you. Take care of that car!
Apparently yes, who would've thought! However, I've also had other jobs during summers, and my family has helped me out as well, it wouldn't have been possible without them. For that I will always be grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright View Post
Very clean! I just got back from studying abroad in sweden..they do love their cakes
Thank you! Wow, really? Where in Sweden/which school? Be sure to let me know if you're planning on visiting again anytime soon. About the cakes, it sounds like you've encountered the swedish "fika" - am I right? Other than that, I think we have quite balanced diets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Something beautiful about a stock car

BTW, I want that M5 poster
Thank you! To be honest, I really like the car as it sits now. New wheels are on my shopping list, unfortunately it won't be happening this year. Yes, I like it as well. My uncle got it for me at the Geneva Auto Show in 2005 I believe. Great looking car, the E60 M5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Looking great, angel eyes and drl delete would make it perfect though, and thats it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiKrisadtyo View Post
That's really nice, man. Because of the background story, I'll appreciate the mods even more from here on in. Contrary to (perhaps) popular opinion, I vote against angel eyes. I think facelift coupe angel eyes look weird. Small, detached, and out of place. But, I do vote for some nice VMR's or BBS's and perhaps some M3 mirrors. Keep us updated, man!
Thank you guys! While I do like the idea of Angel Eyes, I have to agree with Nikki. Angel Eyes look great on Pre-facelifts, but on the facelifted cars I think they do look very small, and detached. 19" CSL/LM-reps are on my list for next year though!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
RickyZone

Took the car for a spirited drive across some beautiful country roads the other day. Here's a pic from the ferry.

Yesterday I had new FCABs installed. Finally! The car now feels a lot tighter going into turns. I will have the wheel alignment done next friday by my friend at the local Porsche dealership. From what I've learned after working with him for three weeks at Porsche, a few years ago, he's an absolute professional when it comes to wheel alignments.

Also did my first DIY ever yesterday. I installed the AUX-input inside my Euro Tray. It looks great, and is secretly hidden. Now I can finally use my iPhone and Spotify for music. Pictures to come!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
vorceb23

My Ride: 04 330i
Thought i was the only high school kid on here in IB but i guess not- Im in it here in Sarasota Florida just starting junior year but car looks great anyways! I love style 135's

R.G.V. 1929-2013 Forever Loved

Last edited by vorceb23; 08-23-2012 at 02:20 PM.
vorceb23 is offline   Reply With Quote