E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
jdorame28

My Ride: 2000 bmw 323ci
Thanks again everyone! i may just wait another month until i have around 6-7k before i buy. I am just itching for one so bad and just want to have one already!

Oh, and this will be noob as well, how do you tell between E36-E46 etc....

Last edited by jdorame28; 08-23-2012 at 01:54 PM.
jdorame28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #42
jiggz

My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorame28 View Post
Thanks again everyone! i may just wait another month until i have around 6-7k before i buy. I am just itching for one so bad and just want to have one already!

Oh, and this will be noob as well, how do you tell between E36-E46 etc....
Both are 3 series, but the E36 is the model before the E46 - they look completely different. Google it.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #43
Elvin123

My Ride: 328i
keep looking, I bought my e46 for 4500 in great condition with only a bit more than 80k miles. You could find better deals
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #44
aikmanson

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Ok where to begin??
First I would not rule out a 323Ci. I would take it over the early 325i any day and it's not that much different at all. Both have similar specs and size 2.5L engines. 325 gets much less standard and doesn't gain as much in bolt-on mods.
That 323Ci looks pretty neglected. Anyone who let the interior get like that and cant tidy up to sell it has likely neglected everything else you can't see too.

As someone said no Sport Package(ZSP), no Xenon headlights. But..looks like it got the Premium Package(ZPP).

PPI is "Pre Purchase Inspection". even if you go against everything we say still do this!! The amount of repairs can EASILY be more than the purchase price on the E46 BMW.

That year is prone to the rear subframe tearing(no matter when built in 2000)! Check to see if it was repaired by BMW during voluntary recall or is Clear of fractures.

Personally I would say that one appears Not worth over $4,000.
I agree completely. All the hate on 323's, I know mine is not fast and clearly not a 330, but I would not rule one out. Hell, the torque and HP numbers for the 323 and 325 are just flipped (170hp/185lbft for 323, 185hp/170lbft for 325). From what I have seen on dynos and such, the M52 also responds to mods much nicer than 325's do. Anyway I digress.

Whatever e46 you decide to get, make sure it has sport package and is a manual (or auto if you really like that stuff). Also, if looking at 323's or 328's make sure to have the subframe checked or see if it was repaired.

I bought my 323ci for more money than this one, but it had ~$6k worth of work done it right before the PO sold it.
aikmanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #45
afstud

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6-speed
yea theres someone in my neck of the woods whose asking 7000 for a 323ci silver with black interior 110k miles, no sport pkg, same wheels and no xenons, plus it has more rust because its a northern car, thats an arizona car which they never have rust and it just needs a really good detail... for me i dont mind getting a dirty car, as i do detailing and if you have the money left over for some maintenance and a few mods go for it... but the one thing is just the sub frame if it has that issue i would most certainly walk away.