E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
david4134

My Ride: BMW e46 325ci sport
Flow Designs New Product Opportunity

Hey guys,

There is a company in Melbourne you may have heard of called Flow designs. They specialize in making sideskirt extensions, lips , diffusers etc out of ' Shelf Polyethylene Composite aero automotive components'. Check them out on Facebook if you want.

I've recommended they develop rear bumper extensions for e46 3 series with m sport rear bumper. Luckily they have responded and are willing to produce the product only if there is enough demand for it. They will need 6+ orders to cover initial production cost. So who here is keen to join the order list?
Currently there is no design for it, but they said they are willing to create any design we want (within reason)

They already have bumper extensions for the Golf (pic below) which they said is what the design may look like, but i have recommended something along the lines of the second picture. A cleaner simple look , which would compliment the side skirt extension they already have for the m sport. We can share pics/ideas to come up with a final design.

So who's in?

(note: The material its made of looks exactly like the first pic, not carbon fiber) Also the product hasn't been made yet, the pictures are just ideas of what it may look like, we settle on a final design)

Last edited by david4134; 08-14-2015 at 08:30 AM.
david4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #2
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
In pending design.
Im still yet to see anything I really like for the e46. If you can tempt me, Im in.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
david4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiag46 View Post
In pending design.
Im still yet to see anything I really like for the e46. If you can tempt me, Im in.
well, what would you like to see? throw in your ideas on what you would like it to look like. So far the two pictures above, particularly the second one is what i imagine working best for the m sport bumper. Ill try and find other ideas in the meantime, but i think anything to excessive in design will make it look ****, it would have to match the m sport side skirt extension they already have for the m sport package. Which i notice you have installed on your car, looks great

Last edited by david4134; 08-14-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
braaang

My Ride: E46 M3
Actual functional pieces or dressup?
braaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
david4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaang View Post
Mostly dress up , but iam sure flow designs will make it functional somehow seeing as that's what they do
Old 08-16-2015, 06:57 AM   #6
david4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by david4134 View Post
well, what would you like to see? throw in your ideas on what you would like it to look like. So far the two pictures above, particularly the second one is what i imagine working best for the m sport bumper. Ill try and find other ideas in the meantime, but i think anything to excessive in design will make it look ****, it would have to match the m sport side skirt extension they already have for the m sport package. Which i notice you have installed on your car, looks great
Hey bro, is the look of this design enough to convince you ? We have 6 people all up on the order list including myself so i can put it through, are you keen?

Old 08-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
david4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by braaang View Post
You want in on the order list? The new design will look like the picture above
Old 08-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #8
Tiag46

My Ride: e46
Im pretty happy with that.
Put me down
Old 08-16-2015, 07:20 PM   #9
david4134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiag46 View Post
Im pretty happy with that.
Put me down
Alright sweet , will keep u updated. Will be going to see them sometime this week to begin producing . Can u please inbox me your email. Thanks
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #10
david4134

Check 'Dave's 04 325ci M sport Progress thread' to see the final design which was produced and installed today

Last edited by david4134; Today at 07:26 AM.