E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
Commando

My Ride: '02 325Ci Manual
[FS] M3 Dinan Performance Exhaust

I thought I'd have another go a this. Its been used but in great conditiom, so...
If you've been searching for a truly high performance rear muffler for your M3 look no further. Dinan's unique muffler design effectively reduces back-pressure for improved flow, resulting in measurable power gains. Manufactured from 304 stainless steel inside and out for superior resistance to corrosion as well as a significant reduction of weight. And from those aggressive looking ceramic-coated tips flows an exhaust note that will be music to the driving enthusiast's ears.

The Dinan® exhaust delivers exactly what the M3 owner demands in a performance muffler; increased power, reduced weight, a look that means business and the throaty exhaust note you'd expect from an M3.

See the ''Technical/Documents'' section for a detailed White Paper on the unique design of the M3 Exhaust.

Sounds good to me

photo _DSC7979c_zps2129775e.jpg
Those Menacing Tips. Magpies could build a nest in there.

photo _DSC7980_zps5a7b2d0e.jpg

No dents on the underside. The muffler just slips on and bolts up.h
Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
M3power!

My Ride: M3
Hi still available and how much
M3power! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 AM   #3
Commando

Dinan Hight Flow Muffler

Seriously Canada? I'm a bit outside the continental U.S.

This units fat black ceramic tips look good. It has a nice deep burble at idle and sounds fine in sedate city driving.
Being a performance oriented exhaust when the revs go up (which just seems to happen spontaneously) then it attracts a bit more attention than I want.

Here's a link to Dinan's site for this muffler. http://www.dinancars.com/product/d66...ries&mid=1020/

It cost $300+ to get it here and I don't see it getting back for much less.

Thanks for your interest anyway and welcome to the club.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Commando, how does it sound at say 110kph in 6th? I'm interested but I do a little country driving from time to time and the drone of the Mille Miglia I had on it previously (went back to oem) killed it for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:39 AM   #5
Commando

Hi SKR7, I am not familiar with the Mille Miglia exhaust. From its name it seems like it should go the distance.

In my case I can hear the OE muffler at 110 in 6th but its almost lost in the wind tyre/road noise. This is definitely quiet enough and I can hear it easily under throttle.
The Dinan has a purr at this speed and constant throttle. I can easily mask it out with the OE stereo. Under throttle its noticeable and even more when the rasp starts. (What causes that rasp? Valve timing?)
For comparison I have a SuperSprint (the single big can type) so it not only looks like your Mille Miglia but it's also Italian. Sound volume is in between the OE and the Dinan volume wise. I like this pipe but its just a bit noisy (she says) for normal talking at say 110 or 120. Perfectly fine solo. I found it was quieter in 5th than 6th at these speeds.

Aesthetically the factory tips look small and a bit 'blingy' for my liking. You get used to them. The SuperSprint is bigger and more than the factory pipes. The Dinan is also larger than factory however not being polished it is not so in your face. The satin black finished tips with the Dinan logo dispels any ideas that they are just a run-of-the-mill set of tailpipes for anyone paying attention. Bonus they are easier to keep clean.

The factory pipe is substantially bulkier and heavier than either of these aftermarket pipes.

My maggies have flown the ebox!

Last edited by Commando; 03-19-2015 at 02:40 AM.
Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 AM   #6
dsisco

My Ride: 911sc. e46m3. E53 x5
Price??
dsisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:04 AM   #7
HOLLYWOODM3
Modded ///Member

Send a message via AIM to HOLLYWOODM3
is this sold?
Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 AM   #8
Commando

There has been some interest but I'm still waiting for someone to 'show me the money'.
In your case shipping costs will be substantial as it cost USD300+ to get it out to Western Australia.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #9
HOLLYWOODM3
Modded ///Member

Send a message via AIM to HOLLYWOODM3
Ahhh insee damn that sucks!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 03:04 AM   #10
Davconelectric

My Ride: Mainly cars
How much money we talking?
Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 AM   #11
Commando

I'd like to see $1000 as it cost more than $2000. Open to trades etc. too.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:04 AM   #12
braaang

My Ride: E46 M3
If you want something tamer, ive got a remus sport exhaust
braaang is offline   Reply With Quote