E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
GordonMurray
Banned

My Ride: A German Motorcoach.
CD Magazine stuck in the out position - can't eject

I have the 6 disc changer in the boot. I put it in yesterday and while it was doing it's initial shuffle, it froze. The third tray is stuck in the out position. I've tried hitting the button, but nothing. Any ideas how to get the magazine to close and eject?

The head unit reads NO MAGAZINE.

Thanks in advance.

GordonMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:19 PM   #2
dboffa
Like school on a Sunday...

My Ride: mezzi pubblici
What about pulling the fuse for the changer, in an effort to get the unit to completely "reboot", so to speak?

I've seen similar problems in a Ford Explorer (center console mounted changer) and a BMW (trunk changer); both incidents required disassembling the unit, if I recall correctly. Good times.

ALPACA CLUB - 11/10/03

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is difficult to determine if they are genuine."
Abraham Lincoln
dboffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #3
flacoy2k

My Ride: 2002 M3
Now is your time to upgrade the CD changer. There are some Alpine units that will fit the OEM wiring. There is an Apine model that will play MP3 to make for a nice upgrade.
flacoy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
pyo

My Ride: Z4 3.0i '04
Send a message via AIM to pyo Send a message via MSN to pyo
this happened to me before....What you gotta do is take the cd changer out, unscrew the casing, then you'll see the gears that move the trays in and out. Spin that and the tray should go back into the "in" position.

It should take like 20-30 minutes.

hint* take off the screw that is holding the small box on the back of the cd changer to get the entire case off once the obvious screws are out.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #5
GordonMurray
Banned

My Ride: A German Motorcoach.
Thanks for the help guys. Luckily about 5 minutes and a needlenose was able to fix it. Hope this doesn't happen again.
GordonMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #6
aajax26

My Ride: 00' 323I
Stuck CD Changer

I saw your post on stuck CD changer earlier this year. Can you tell me exactly how you did it with a needlenose. My CD tray is stuck in tray 1.
aajax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #7
greens

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Now my magazine is stuck and I`ll try to use cardboard or plastic tomorrow to get this magazine out. Will try to press eject button for 10 seconds too. Lets hope one of thees will work and that there won't be cd tray stucked in out position, because I don't know how to remove cd changer because in trunk where is located cd changer the hole is smaller than whole cd changer and I have no idea how to remove cd changer in case if it is needed to be opened to move cd tray to in position. Please write how you moved cd tray with needlenose? If any other idea how to get out magazine besides these, please write.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Alki

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyo View Post
this happened to me before....What you gotta do is take the cd changer out, unscrew the casing, then you'll see the gears that move the trays in and out. Spin that and the tray should go back into the "in" position.

It should take like 20-30 minutes.

hint* take off the screw that is holding the small box on the back of the cd changer to get the entire case off once the obvious screws are out.

This is exactly what I did to fix mine when disk 4 got stuck in the open position thus not allowing my changer cartridge to eject. Just rotate the big black gear in a counter clockwise rotation and it will manually push the disk tray back into the cartridge ... which will now allow you to eject the 6 CD Cartridge.

However, I did not take the small box off the back of the changer during the process. I was careful not to pinch any of the wires or anything. Just be careful and you should be just fine.

(I didn't even know my car had a CD changer (have had it for one month) until this weekend when I saw the little box cover in the trunk liner and decided to open it.

Now my only question is ... will this 2002 CD Changer play M3 disks? OFF TO SEARCH I GO!

Hope this helps!
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote