E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Exclamation JAWS M3 E46 Supercharged 60-130mph = 8,4

We at JAWS Motorsport AB in Sweden run a pretty decent 60-130mph run last week.

M3 E46 2003 6speed with PX600 supercharger kit and supersprint header + catless exhaust developing 539whp.

More info about the supercharger kit are coming up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JAWS60130840.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	466515   Click image for larger version

Name:	JAWS SC DYNO E46M3.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	466516  
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Bdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,827
My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Now that's a decent SC! Finally, some torque numbers in the 400's. Nice going!
__________________
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Now that's a decent SC! Finally, some torque numbers in the 400's. Nice going!
Thank you! , its really powerful ... if temp isnt that good in tires or a cold night it rips the tires in 3th gear up in revs...scart but FUN
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Beedub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
Said it before jonas!! Awesome!!

That blower is a great unit , as you know it's the v3si just renamed for paxton, really nice unit, but it needs a touch more boost than the ess kits to bring in some nice tq figures...

This is a great s/c kit!!! Very well done for pushing the boost alittle.

What are you guys thinking is a safe boost on a stock s54?? And how have you deduced that the said boost is safe?

Btw nice to see a comprehensive kit, these kits NEED a catch can so nice too see its incorporated.
__________________
bmw z4m. vt2-525.. 8psi pulley..
Beedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Said it before jonas!! Awesome!!

That blower is a great unit , as you know it's the v3si just renamed for paxton, really nice unit, but it needs a touch more boost than the ess kits to bring in some nice tq figures...

This is a great s/c kit!!! Very well done for pushing the boost alittle.

What are you guys thinking is a safe boost on a stock s54?? And how have you deduced that the said boost is safe?

Btw nice to see a comprehensive kit, these kits NEED a catch can so nice too see its incorporated.
Safe boost? well i would say cylinder pressure and force the piston are put up with is the issue, less boost more ignition equal to power and vice versa.

11psi works good for our kit, i cant say how other S/C works if that is your question.

We have tryed the limits of the S54 engine so we know where it blows
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Sweed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Red Deer, Canada
Posts: 89
My Ride: 07 6.0L / 04 M3
__________________
AA HKS Stg 2 / Nitrous Express
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Beedub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas@JAWS View Post
Safe boost? well i would say cylinder pressure and force the piston are put up with is the issue, less boost more ignition equal to power and vice versa.

11psi works good for our kit, i cant say how other S/C works if that is your question.

We have tryed the limits of the S54 engine so we know where it blows

forgot other s/c kits, thats not what i meant ;-), what im asking is what do you guys see as a safe limit for a stock motor thats boosted??? just wondering your feeling on this. As your kits being tested at 3 different pressures, what do you deem as a safe equilibrium.

love the work youve done.
__________________
bmw z4m. vt2-525.. 8psi pulley..
Beedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
forgot other s/c kits, thats not what i meant ;-), what im asking is what do you guys see as a safe limit for a stock motor thats boosted??? just wondering your feeling on this. As your kits being tested at 3 different pressures, what do you deem as a safe equilibrium.

love the work youve done.
Thank you !

We have tested alot, track driving, high speed motorway driving, top speed driving 300km/h w/o anything more than a busted up serpentine belt...this is all power at around 600hp on pumpgas.

If you dont have good fuel in your area you should either lower the boost pressure (change to a bigger pulley) or get a wather/meth kit that keeps your IAT cool and nice when using our PX600 kit, its made and tested on RON98 and thats the minimum.
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
7to3_enthusiast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 266
My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas@JAWS View Post
Thank you !

We have tested alot, track driving, high speed motorway driving, top speed driving 300km/h w/o anything more than a busted up serpentine belt...this is all power at around 600hp on pumpgas.

If you dont have good fuel in your area you should either lower the boost pressure (change to a bigger pulley) or get a wather/meth kit that keeps your IAT cool and nice when using our PX600 kit, its made and tested on RON98 and thats the minimum.
Taken your beast to the 1/4 mile strip yet?
__________________


04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Taken your beast to the 1/4 mile strip yet?
No, we did 1/4 mile b4 but have no interest in it now..
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,899
My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas@JAWS View Post
No, we did 1/4 mile b4 but have no interest in it now..
Tierp arena nästa år ?
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Jonas@JAWS
Past Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 41
My Ride: Bmw M3 E46
Send a message via Skype™ to Jonas@JAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTurbo View Post
Tierp arena nästa år ?
Nä vi har slutat köra dragracing utsätter drivlinan för så mycket våld!

(He asks if we wanna go TIERP dragrace track in Sweden next year, but we will not..well maby to see others..but no driving )
Jonas@JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
M369
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 76
My Ride: M3E30 V10!!!
No news here?
__________________
M369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use