E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
TwoDuckDad

My Ride: 2001 330xi jet black
derailed thread

Hey Moderators,

What gives with closing the thread titled "Where do you hide a pistol in your E46?" I started the post by making a legitimate and legal inquiry of other forum members about where to hide a gun in their car. Shouldn't be any problem with such an inquiry.

Then this d-bag from down under (Constantine) begins with his anti gun tirade and derails the thread. I thought the role of the Moderator was to keep things civil while allowing the business of sharing ideas and resources about our cars with other members. Was the thread locked for some other reason? How about simply warning guys like the down under d-bag and letting the rest of us do our thing. Obviously this is a popular topic and for more than kicking each other in the teeth.

Please delete the anti-gun BS and reopen the thread.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
The admin wants to boost his ego by abusing his power to stop a legit argument by closing a thread, even when noone is really breaking any rules.

Sometimes we need to take a look at our freedom of speech before freedom of gun ownership.
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
Or it was a gun related thread that wasn't in the GUN TALK forum...like this thread that isn't in the SITE FEED BACK/QUESTIONS forum. It was a decent thread at first,but posted in the proper forum it may have survived. That's just my opinion.

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
TwoDuckDad

My Ride: 2001 330xi jet black
My bad. Didn't realize there was a gun talk thread. However, since my opening thread was more about where to put "a" pistol in an E46 versus talking about guns I don't think I was too far out of line. That being said, I would not complain a bit if the moderators moved it to the gun talk forum. I do have heartburn with them locking the thread because Connie the d-bag decided to cause trouble.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
I have noticed almost 80% of thread derail after the first page these days.
I hate to say it, but 80% of threads are repeated questions as well.
This forum is going down the drain.
I did read the first page of the thread about the gun keeping location, but once personal/national/racial comments started, I stopped reading the thread.

Eg: Lets say a new member makes a thread asks about mtech bumper, instead of replying relevant information some members(friends) start their conversation about their new wheels and how the coil over setup is working out.
A new member comes and asks a question about mtech bumper.
A senior member says search.
Then some smartass gives a comment that is totally irrelevant to the thread, or start their personal conversation.
This happens to almost every thread I see these days.

I feel the mods should clear those threads and have only relevant information. Or just post a link to the relevant thread and close/lock the thread.
This will Clear the server space, clear the bandwidth requirement and may stop thread crapping.

There is off topic section/ regional section and all kinds of places where you can have those conversation not in a thread where someone is seeking information.

And when such things happen, the search function gives the same thread as a result which doesnt serve any purpose.

When I search I usually look for the older dated threads, I find there is more relevant information going for pages rather than useless bashing and personal conversation.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
notsoworried

My Ride: 325i
I still think unless you bolt down a safe, if someone breaks into you car and wants it, its theirs. I like to think my chained gun box is just an inconveneience for a would be theif. But hey at least I made them work for it.
notsoworried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
lsteg

My Ride: 2001 330ci
I vote you make a custom insert for the armrest in the back seat. Something similar to the first aid kit but just molded in the armrest. You could even make a spot for an extra clip as well.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
HiHoBrian
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 05 M3
This is what you need or something else from Tuffy if you want more diy.
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-455-...bles-tote.aspx

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 08-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
The admin wants to boost his ego by abusing his power
Sometimes we need to take a look at our freedom of speech before freedom of gun ownership.
Oh someone has done it now. Didn't you get banned before for slamming the moderators?
post #51 http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...derator&page=3

This is a for sure Ban or Timeout

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 08-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote