E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
UnDerzon3

My Ride: 323Ci
Question Arqray lip, height?

hello guys!
been searching the forum but havn't found what i've been looking for so i'm creating a new thread for my question and hope that someone on this forum could help me
I'm cruising in a lowered/slammed 323 coupe from year 2000. I've had it for about a year and now i'm thinking about buying a m-tech front and also a arqray lip, which would give my car a even cleaner look. The problem is that i'm worried that the m-tech+arqray would go much lower than my original front
don't have to much hight to play with and to raise the car is not an option just to be able to ride with another front!

so, do anyone know exactly the difference in high between the original e46 coupe front and the m-tech with the additional arqray lip?

here's a pic of how low the front of my car is for the moment...

// Rasmus
UnDerzon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
Yikes! That's low. Chances are you'll be kissing the floor with that setup
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
UnDerzon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Moonlight View Post
Yikes! That's low. Chances are you'll be kissing the floor with that setup
yeah it's kind of low
i feel like it probably will and it's feels like such a waste to buy the setup and know you're gonna wreck it because it gets to low!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
///Mostarac

My Ride: SiennaE46 & Cbr600rr
the arqray lip will be destroyed at that height. And trust me, its a pain in the ass to remold once you fvck the lip up. My suggestion is higher your car (get bigger wheels) or just get an mtechII and not add any lip
///Mostarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
JEFFEFECKS

My Ride: 05 IB ZCP
Send a message via AIM to JEFFEFECKS
Yeah, It'll only be a matter of time before something destroys the lip like a bump on the road you didnt see or object on the road you didnt see until it was too late. The question is not IF but WHEN
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
UnDerzon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mostarac View Post
My suggestion is higher your car (get bigger wheels) or just get an mtechII and not add any lip
Will not get bigger wheels on this one but maybe raise it " or so and then poke the wheels a little more! I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible and i believe that adding only the m-tech will give the car a little to aggressive look

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFEFECKS View Post
Yeah, It'll only be a matter of time before something destroys the lip like a bump on the road you didnt see or object on the road you didnt see until it was too late. The question is not IF but WHEN
well i know that it won't take much of a bump to scrape but i'm getting quite used to it and know how much of a bump it needs for the car to scrape and also how to get over them without scraping! believe it or not, i even manage to get over speedbumps. But i prefer if they could be avoided

now back to my question...
do anyone know if there is any high difference between an original bumper and a m-tech with arqray lip?
best were if someone who already made the change had the opportunity to measure the difference between their old front and their new one?

Last edited by UnDerzon3; 09-01-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
ITT: "higher" gets verbed
Old 09-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
Hermes

My Ride: cars older than you
Charlie has a ZHP w/Arqray, maybe he can chime in

Respect Your Elders
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #9
UnDerzon3

lets hope so!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
+1

OP, looking at the ride height and rake you currently have on your 323 coupe, the MTec II w/ Arqray lip will not clear any obstruction you may encounter on the road, let alone any hard bumps. I will say that there will be a good chance you will destroy your lip if you mount the Arqray lip to the MTec II bumper with your current ride height.

Here are a few pics of my Arqray lip with current stock ZHP ride height...

With my current ride height I have just enough clearance to clear any speed bumps but when I install my coilovers and lower my ride another inch, I will have to steer clear from them to prevent any potential damage to my lip...

Thanks JP for the heads up Been working on both BP's and my ZHP all afternoon....
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 09-01-2012 at 06:06 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
It's definitely a matter of WHEN, not IF. You can be as careful as a surgeon during surgery, but something will sneak up you....

...like the unavoidable piece of tire on the freeway that took half of my Arkym lip clean off. After nearly two years of careful preservation, my efforts were negated after one 10 minute freeway trip.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
JEFFEFECKS

Let me put it in another perspective for you. Not an M-tech/Arqray but this example should be appropriate.

BEFORE:

1 week later

Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Sorry to see that happen to your lip! That's the exact type of lip I would love to have for my ///M ...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
JEFFEFECKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Sorry to see that happen to your lip! That's the exact type of lip I would love to have for my ///M ...
That's alright. Yeah it kind of sucked b@lls it lasted for only a week but 5hit happens i guess. Bought a replacement immediately after. Has been holding up just fine a couple months later
Old 09-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Not going to work... at all.

I have the same setup as charlie and I scraped the bottom bad twice.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #16
UnDerzon3

Quote:
Here are a few pics of my Arqray lip with current stock ZHP ride height...
The pics didn't help to much. Been looking at a lot of pics on google and i would really need the exact measures. but nice looking car and thx anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
It's definitely a matter of WHEN, not IF. You can be as careful as a surgeon during surgery
exactly!

Quote:
Let me put it in another perspective for you. Not an M-tech/Arqray but this example should be appropriate.
love those lips! did you hit something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
I have the same setup as charlie and I scraped the bottom bad twice.
and how low is your car?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
Here's a suggest...stop dropping your car you bunch of fvcks...looks like sh!t to 90% of the population
Sweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #18
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDerzon3 View Post
The pics didn't help to much. Been looking at a lot of pics on google and i would really need the exact measures. but nice looking car and thx anyway

Here are some measurements I took of my Arqray lip on my ZHP this morning. I have about 5" of clearance with my current ZHP suspension setup.

Since my suspension isn't anywhere lowered as you are I can only show you how much a stock ZHP suspension will clear. Looking at your setup... I'm sure if you try this setup you it won't take long for you to damage the Arqray lip if you mount it. If you want the MTecII + Arqray lip then I would recommend raising your ride height abit...

Last edited by cak323i; 09-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
UnDerzon3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
Here's a suggest...stop dropping your car you bunch of fvcks...looks like sh!t to 90% of the population

Quote:
Here are some measurements I took of my Arqray lip on my ZHP this morning. I have about 5" of clearance with my current ZHP suspension setup.
Thanks that's much more helpful!
do you know if there's any hight difference between a original sedan and a original coupe?
my car is lowered ~85mm in the front and ~50mm in the back
subtract 85mm from your 5" clearance would give me a hight of about 40mm from the lip to the ground. But considering my ride is lower in the front than it is in the back and therefore tilted a bit forward, i will probably get even less clearance
Old 09-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
I can measure later but it will probably be the same.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arqray, front bumper, height, lip, low