E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires
Wheels and tires for your BMW. Stock and aftermarket wheels, tires, spacers, lug bolts, center caps, etc....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
Llink78

My Ride: 2002 330i
D force wheels and tires

Up for sale are a set of D-Force wheels 18x8.5 et40. 18x9.5 et43 from my BMW. I picked these up last spring and have been running them since. They have never seen snow or salt. Some rain and have been washed once a week. Its now time to put them up for sale as i am doing something different next spring. Here is the info from Bavauto.

The EmPower is a semi-forged, lightweight wheel that has been designed and manufactured specifically for BMWs. By reducing the weight of your wheels (rotational mass), you'll improve your BMW's acceleration, handling, braking and fuel economy, plus you'll reduce wear-and-tear on suspension components. This beneficial weight-savings is achieved through a unique manufacturing process: The center area of the wheel is first cast in a low pressure mold, then the wheel is placed on a CNC machine where it is pressed, heated, and spun simultaneously. This forces the aluminum in the barrel area of the wheel to be thinner than a cast wheel yet molecularly more dense, resulting in a semi-forged finish that provides more strength from less mass. The result is a wheel with the reduced weight and similar load-bearing strength of a forged wheel, but at a much lower cost.
E36 1992-1999 3 Series/M3
E46 1999-2006 3 Series/M3
E90/E91/E92/E93 3 Series/M3 2009+
Z3/Z4 1997+
E39/E60 1997-2010 5 Series

These are truly light for 18s. With the front 18x8.5 weighing in at 19.3 pounds and the rear 18x9.5 weighing in at 20.4 pounds. The wheels alone come to $1319.00
Tires are Yokohama Advan Sports ZPS 225/40-18 and 255/35-18. Tires came to $1250.00 if purchased through TireRack.
Also included are TPMS's in each wheel. Never used them but came from Bavauto also.

Now with them being almost 2 years old one of the front wheels has some odd flaws in the lip, My camera will not pick them up. Never really tried to polish them out yet. Was going to wait till this winter. Also on 2 of the wheels there are 2 one inch spots where the clear on the lip is pealing also. I don't own a show car so this has not bothered me. Now onto the tires. The fronts are in great condition, no camber wear, no cupping, no patches. The rears......... Very light camber wear on the inside very hard to tell but looking at the angle of my wheels its got to be there, no cupping, no patches. BUT the driver side tire has been hitting my fender bc of my cars ride height. So the outside edge of the tire is warn slightly near the sidewall. The pass side is the same but much less. These are currently still on the car till i have an interested buyer. Here are 2 pics on the car to see the fit. Will get some better ones later in the week when i have time to wash them up.

ASKING $1000.00 Picked up. Have these listed local also. So not interested in shipping yet.

234HP/197TQ Just bolt ons :)
Llink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
Manny330

My Ride: 02 330i
Send a message via AIM to Manny330
Beautiful wheels, Glws!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
Llink78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny330 View Post
Beautiful wheels, Glws!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thank you. I love them and told myself i would never sell them. But going back to 17's.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Llink78

BUMP..... A set of cams came up for sale that i want, Will take $800 for these till the cams sell