E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #41
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Perhaps then we should first more clearly ascertain the scope, scale and nature of the problem before rushing to implement laws and regulations that may well be far more injurious to our voting system than the voting fraud problem itself. Currently the discussion around implementing tougher voting laws/restrictions seems imbedded more in hearsay and rumor than any hard, factual data attesting to the problem. This is despite a number of investigations (primarily Republican instigated) into charges or voter fraud that continually reveal no substantial or systemic problem.

Last edited by Rhumb; 03-12-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #42
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
It's not that it doesn't exist, it's that it's...not really a significant problem. At all. In any way.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #43
Act of God

My Ride: Beach Cruiser
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
It's not that it doesn't exist, it's that it's...not really a significant problem. At all. In any way.
Voter fraud is characteristically under-reported and under-prosecuted. I already cited this. No one knows for sure how much is going on.

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Re: "Voter Fraud Doesn't Exist"

Woman got 5 years in the big house.
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_n...of-voter-fraud

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #45
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Voter fraud is characteristically under-reported and under-prosecuted. I already cited this. No one knows for sure how much is going on.
If no one knows much voter fraud occurs how do you know it is under-reported?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #46
Act of God

Vote 6 times for Obama, George Soros gets you on on probation, gets a hero's welcome at a rally...Obama gives your group a grant

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...-hero/6712981/
Quote:
A Hamilton County poll worker who has been held up nationally as an example of voter fraud took the stage at a local voting rights rally - outraging Republicans and dismaying even top local Democrats.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, keynote speaker at Thursday's rally to kick-off the campaign for an Ohio Voters' Bill of Rights Ohio Constitutional amendment, even hugged Melowese Richardson.

Richardson, a Democrat, was convicted of voter fraud after using her position as poll worker to vote more than once in the 2012 presidential election. She got a five year prison term, but was released earlier this month after local Democratic activists pressed for a fairer term.

A judge sentenced her to probation instead.

Richardson, 58, was convicted last spring of four counts of illegal voting. The charges say she twice voted in the 2012 election and voted three times in past elections on behalf of her sister, Montez Richardson, who has been in a coma since 2003.

Richardson was previously convicted of threatening to kill a witness in a criminal case against her brother; of stealing; of drunken driving; and of beating someone in a bar fight, according to past Enquirer stories.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/24/si...tration-grant/
Quote:
The woman who admitted to voting for President Barack Obama six times worked for and sat on the board of a group that received an Obama administration Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grant.

Melowese Richardson admitted in 2013 to voting six times for Obama's re-election while working as a poll worker in Hamilton County, Ohio. Initially convicted on state voter fraud charges and sentenced to five years in prison, Richardson served eight months before the George Soros-funded Ohio Justice and Policy Center helped lessen her sentence to probation. Richardson appeared last week at a rally with some Ohio Democrats and Al Sharpton, who publicly gave her a hug.

Richardson worked for and sat on the board of a Cincinnati-based environmental activist group called Communities United for Action, which received an EPA grant and attended a conference with former Obama administration Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.

"My name is Melowese Richardson and I work for a group called CUFA, Communities United for Action. We passed the first environmental protection ordianance in the country here in Cincinnati and I love to participate with this group because of their repowering America," Richardson said in a May 15, 2010 video for the Repowering America initiative, which was launched in 2008 by The Climate Reality Project in a speech by former Democratic vice president Al Gore.

"I'd like to help get this ordinance, get this passed, the bill passed that you guys are trying to pass because it is very important that we go green and try to save our environment. It's a crucial issue. I hope that Congress, the people in Congress, will listen, will sit up and take note to this very crucial matter," Richardson said in the video.

CUFA received a $25,000 EPA grant in September 2010 to educate low-income Ohio residents about environmental issues and "to connect with eighth graders to develop environmental justice leaders and produce a local air pollution reduction action plan."

Richardson was still a CUFA Board member as of May 2011, when she joined the nonprofit network National People's Action to protest a JPMorgan shareholder meeting in Columbus, Ohio.

CUFA participated in the 2011 National People's Action leadership conference in Washington, D.C. at which then-Obama administration Labor Secretary Hilda Solis spoke. Richardson was photographed holding a sign that read "Make Wall Street Pay" at the event.
*doesn't exist*

"You don’t burn books because they’re irrelevant. You burn books because you’re terrified that they’re not. You don’t muzzle people who have no audience. You muzzle people only when their voices are amplified far beyond your liking."
Old 03-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #47
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #48
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
Old 06-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #49
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
oopsie!

Quote:
More Republican Voter Fraud: Donor Caught Voting 5 Times in Gov. Scott Walker's Recall Election

June 24, 2014 8:54 pm by: Lisa Martens

Republicans are right. Voter fraud is a problem. Unfortunately for them, it's members of their own party who keep getting caught doing it.

This time, a big Republican donor, Robert Monroe of Wisconsin,was charged with 13 felonies on Friday for committing voter fraud when he illegally voted five times during Scott Walker's recall election.

Suspicion arose in WI when Monroe's son was accused of voter fraud by using an absentee ballot. After the son denied these charges, suspicion shifted to Monroe, who is now suspected of using absentee ballots, multiple addresses, and the names of family members to vote multiple times in 2011 and 2012.

Monroe, an insurance executive, claims he doesn't remember voting due to his ADD and OCD medications.

While no one knows whom he voted for, Monroe did donate money to Republican Alberta Darling, and appears to have voted twice in her recall election.

Monroe also voted in two states in the November 2012 presidential election.

It's interesting to note that voter ID laws would not have prevented this kind of fraud. Republican voter ID laws are blatantly transparent. If you have multiple addresses and a car, committing voter fraud the Monroe way is relatively easy. It's also far more likely that someone from an upper-class standing would have these sorts of advantages.

Instead of addressing these areas of fraud, Republicans and their voter ID laws typically target those with lower incomes by moving voting sites outside the range of public transportation or requiring IDs in large cities where it may be common not to have one, among other suppressive strategies.

In light of Monroe's case , here is "a modest proposal" to prevent voter fraud: disallow anyone with a learning disability from voting. Better yet, ask everyone to carry an ID card verifying that they have no health issues that would impair memory loss.
aog-approved: http://www.occupydemocrats.com/more-...call-election/

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #50
badfast

inb4 they did it first.

Last edited by badfast; 06-24-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #51
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post

inb4 they did it first.
You're slipping bizarro...
Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #52
Act of God

Voter fraud by anyone is a serious concern. That editorial was hilariously biased, for the record.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #53
bagher

Quote:
Voter fraud by anyone is a serious concern.
so is an alien invasion, and godzilla
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #54
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Voter fraud by anyone is a serious concern. That editorial was hilariously biased, for the record.
Hilariously biased against republican hypocrisy.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #55
Act of God

Hrmph, go figure...more democrats involved with voter fraud

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1071704
Quote:
The alleged voter fraud took place during the July 2012 Democratic primary runoff election in Cameron County, according to the elections department.

Charges including unlicensed assistance to voter, violations of method of returned market ballot, carrier envelope action by person other than the voter and the method of returning a marked ballot.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #56
badfast

Abolish voting. Fraud is too rampant in the system.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #57
bagher

Quote:
Hrmph, go figure...more democrats involved with voter fraud

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1071704

"Alleged"

Old 07-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #58
bagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Abolish voting. Fraud is too rampant in the system.

Let's just pretend to be outraged instead.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:38 AM   #59
Act of God

NBC report, illegals voting in Florida

http://www.westernjournalism.com/ill...-vast-numbers/

#doesntexist

Old 08-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #60
Gatriel
Nie vergessen Ost-Preußen

My Ride: KL38444
Can we have voter competency tests?

More of my posts get deleted than anyone elses.
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote