E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #61
JaYaRe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: L.A Baby
Posts: 600
My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
__________________
100_0903-1
JaYaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #62
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
oh nice find!
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #63
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,215
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
some of you dont realize that PLASTI DIP IN A CAN IS NOT REALLY PLASTI DIPPING. its an actual process.

whoooty, i generally stray away from making fun of you, but just keep your car as it. you obviously dont have the money to do it right, which is fine. but to really plastidip a car you can buy vinyl and work it in yourself for cheaper.

you can tell the people who spray the plasti dip in a can, looks god awful in person, every single one.
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #64
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,215
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
no way in hell am I waisting 5k to paint my 1999 323i hahaha
learn how to prep your car and take it to maaco.

or paint it a different black that pops it will be 1500ish if you find a decent place. not sure who quoted you 5k
__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #65
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
some of you dont realize that PLASTI DIP IN A CAN IS NOT REALLY PLASTI DIPPING. its an actual process.

whoooty, i generally stray away from making fun of you, but just keep your car as it. you obviously dont have the money to do it right, which is fine. but to really plastidip a car you can buy vinyl and work it in yourself for cheaper.

you can tell the people who spray the plasti dip in a can, looks god awful in person, every single one.
I'm not in any way saying that i'm going to or plan on dipping my car, but if I were to do it then I wouldn't use spray cans. I would use the spray gun DYC sells

Last edited by domcreates; 09-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #66
Tonk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,457
My Ride: Econobox
Send a message via AIM to Tonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post

It's pretty much the same thing as a vinyl wrap except it is a lot easier to do and looks just as good if not better when done correctly.

It's one thing to ask people not to comment negatively about it, but I can't believe you talked about "when done correctly" and then posted that green one. Obviously you haven't seen it in person because it looks horrible. The texture/finish looks like a rhino liner for the bed of a truck, and they didn't mask anything off so there were bits of plasti dip on the lights, under the car, in the wheel well, etc.

Just saying...many of the plasti-dipped cars look good from 10 or more feet away but up close they look terrible.
__________________
Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #67
Barbaros
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,518
My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
It's one thing to ask people not to comment negatively about it, but I can't believe you talked about "when done correctly" and then posted that green one. Obviously you haven't seen it in person because it looks horrible. The texture/finish looks like a rhino liner for the bed of a truck, and they didn't mask anything off so there were bits of plasti dip on the lights, under the car, in the wheel well, etc.

Just saying...many of the plasti-dipped cars look good from 10 or more feet away but up close they look terrible.
+111111111
I saw this car in person as welll. I didn't say anything to the owners because I didn't wanna be rude and upset them. But well yeah, it looks horrible when you get close. Great way to waste a nice car!
__________________
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #68
Tonk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,457
My Ride: Econobox
Send a message via AIM to Tonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaros View Post
+111111111
I saw this car in person as welll. I didn't say anything to the owners because I didn't wanna be rude and upset them. But well yeah, it looks horrible when you get close. Great way to waste a nice car!
It's also really difficult to keep clean and/or wash.
__________________
Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #69
E46Moonlight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 2,595
My Ride: 2000 323i
Vinyl or bust!
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #70
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
It's one thing to ask people not to comment negatively about it, but I can't believe you talked about "when done correctly" and then posted that green one. Obviously you haven't seen it in person because it looks horrible. The texture/finish looks like a rhino liner for the bed of a truck, and they didn't mask anything off so there were bits of plasti dip on the lights, under the car, in the wheel well, etc.

Just saying...many of the plasti-dipped cars look good from 10 or more feet away but up close they look terrible.
My bad, I haven't seen it in person. Only saw it online. But the finish looks good in that picture imo.

If you don't approve of plasti dip then just don't look at this thread

And you can't technically "ruin" your car with plasti dip since it peels right off and doesn't hurt the paint underneath.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #71
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=944291
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #72
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
matte white just got posted




Last edited by domcreates; 09-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #73
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i


domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #74
Toby22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Durham
Posts: 137
My Ride: 350z
If your doing this to protect your paint, might as well run front bra, seat covers on all your seats, and apply blue tape on all four fenders. I've used plasti dipped before, and im almost positive these look/feel horrible in person. If you really want to protect your paint, cough up some cash and clear bra your entire car. Wheels, emblems, and front lips is one thing but an entire car you have respect for?

the only reason i can see anyone doing this is if they get bored easily and switch color a lot. And if that's the case, you need to find another hobby. Sorry op, i know you said no negative comments

Last edited by Toby22; 09-15-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Toby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #75
///MPR77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,852
My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
I don't think all of these cars are plasti-dipped.
__________________

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #76
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby22 View Post
If your doing this to protect your paint, might as well run front bra, seat covers on all your seats, and apply blue tape on all four fenders. I've used plasti dipped before, and im almost positive these look/feel horrible in person. If you really want to protect your paint, cough up some cash and clear bra your entire car. Wheels, emblems, and front lips is one thing but an entire car you have respect for?

the only reason i can see anyone doing this is if they get bored easily and switch color a lot. And if that's the case, you need to find another hobby. Sorry op, i know you said no negative comments
haha no worry bro, that was a nice negative mature comment unlike most of the douchebags that are on this sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPR77 View Post
I don't think all of these cars are plasti-dipped.
I'm pretty sure they are Most of them are from the plasti dipping facebook page
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #77
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #78
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i




domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #79
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i






domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #80
Ring Taxi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DMV est mon territoire
Posts: 4,669
My Ride: @MRM5MAN
Send a message via AIM to Ring Taxi
My manual E60 M5
__________________
Ring Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use