E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #141
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
good stuff Glight! we maxed out on front squats a couple years back.
I cleared a 190 lb. front squat for 5 reps today, and I still had more in me. Feels good to be nearing that 225 lb. mark.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Bimmer App
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #142
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
ill max out in december for everything i think
Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #143
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
I did the 275x5 with decent form. Slight round in upper back. Then I push presses and tweaked a muscle in my back. Kind of annoyed it happened.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #144
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Lower back or upper?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #145
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Do you guys come to a complete stop when deadlifting?

After about 315 or so, my limiting factor is grip so after about two reps I need to readjust my grip due to sweat or it just slipping out. I use a regular overhand grip due to some bicep issues I've had in the past. If I could pull the weight smoothly without stopping, I think I'd get 5 reps without a problem....probably going to try some straps.

m3inline, it seems we have some similarities with this lift. I too started deadlifting just a few months ago, just use a overhand grip and moving similar weight at the moment.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #146
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensi09 View Post

After about 315 or so, my limiting factor is grip so after about two reps I need to readjust my grip due to sweat or it just slipping out. I use a regular overhand grip due to some bicep issues I've had in the past. If I could pull the weight smoothly without stopping, I think I'd get 5 reps without a problem....probably going to try some straps.

m3inline, it seems we have some similarities with this lift. I too started deadlifting just a few months ago, just use a overhand grip and moving similar weight at the moment.
Brief pause, yes. But I'd think you're okay as long as you're not bouncing the weight off the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #147
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:

I re-set my grip a lot as I don't use straps or chalk so I slip a lot from sweating and stuff. Just don't be that guy and bounce it off the floor!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #148
Danl4560

My Ride: 330
Try the hook grip

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Danl4560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #149
Sensi09

My Ride: __
I don't bounce, either touch the ground or barely above the ground on some reps. A fluid movement in general helps me get more reps. Maybe if I had been deadlifting longer and didn't have to think about my form, then stopping/resetting wouldn't bother me as much.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #150
M3Inline6

Quote:

Yes! When using heavier weight, I'll perform a rep, set it down, deep breath, grip hard/flex lats/take up the slack, squat, and then do it again (..rinse and repeat). My grip is unaffected by fatigue thus far, but I do have to wipe my hands due to sweat. I'm going for 350 lbs. on Thursday, so I'm excited about it. I really love the double-overhand grip. I feel confident and strong using it.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 AM   #151
BreakMyWallet

Quote:

i find it easier to do a light tap and pull back up right away.

and get straps. it will help your situation
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #152
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Lower back or upper?
Lower but at the highest point. If that makes sense. Almost middle of the back. It hurts a lot when I move my head down
Old 10-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #153
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
my lower back is still f*ked too.. rested it last week and was all good until I played two games of hockey yesterday, re-aggravated it. so frustrating
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #154
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
my lower back is still f*ked too.. rested it last week and was all good until I played two games of hockey yesterday, re-aggravated it. so frustrating
I can still do some things but I'm staying away from almost everything this week
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #155
M3Inline6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Lower but at the highest point. If that makes sense. Almost middle of the back. It hurts a lot when I move my head down
Sounds like a pulled/strained trap.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #156
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Sounds like a pulled/strained trap.
the circled part i where I feel the "pulling" and pain when I put my chin to my chest. To be honest, I usually feel a little discomfort in this area when I put my chin to my chest but I guess something just aggravated it even more.

Last edited by DylloS; 10-15-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #157
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
the circled part i where I feel the "pulling" and pain when I put my chin to my chest. To be honest, I usually feel a little discomfort in this area when I put my chin to my chest but I guess something just aggravated it even more.
Just put my chin to my chest, and experienced the exact same pain. Looks like we have the same injury lol
Old 10-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #158
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Just put my chin to my chest, and experienced the exact same pain. Looks like we have the same injury lol
it's so annoying man. In the morning it is really bad since it's tight.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #159
BreakMyWallet

yeah id take it easy mine was strained in the same place. took a good 3 months off from going heavy
Old 10-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #160
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
it's so annoying man. In the morning it is really bad since it's tight.
Good excuse to go get a massage or visit the chiro/
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote