E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.40 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #81
niiCk

My Ride: E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
Is it the one from japan ?

Yeah waiting to finish VCE
Got a BMW performance exhaust from a 130i, suspension is all here purchasing it off my uncle who never fitted it on his 130i(I'll find out more on it tbh but i know its bilstein). Got a few other things planned to and just did the Alpine upgrade too well worth it for the money.
Whats from Japan? lol ive never bought wheels from Japan.

Ahh righteo.
Haha nice man, guessing youve got more mods than me. I would love the BMW performance exhaust. I should have bought the Arqray exhaust too..

Bilstein suspension are good, get them fitted asap! How much did the alpine upgrade cost roughly? i want to upgrade my system soon too. Dont want to go all out, just something thats better than stock lol.

Waiting on a response for the wheels. Hopefully everything goes well..
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 AM   #82
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
The pics of the stanced 1 series i think the one i saw was in japan..

Was around $400 in total im pretty sure. Was a good upgrade as i wasn't happy with stock an it wasn't that hard to fit.... makes use of those under seat subs too

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #83
niiCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
The pics of the stanced 1 series i think the one i saw was in japan..

Was around $400 in total im pretty sure. Was a good upgrade as i wasn't happy with stock an it wasn't that hard to fit.... makes use of those under seat subs too
OH! my bad..haha pretty sure it was like hongkong or something

Not a bad price, pretty tempting. I plan on getting the dynavin headunit soon..
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #84
niiCk

Quick iphone snaps, finally stuck the Agentz stickers on:

Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #85
the_true_jojo

My Ride: A4
Now remove the ugly ass p plates you old mofo lol

That is all
Old 10-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #86
niiCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_true_jojo View Post
Now remove the ugly ass p plates you old mofo lol

That is all
Lol, alright bro. Theyre off now..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #87
nicgala

My Ride: bmw e46 2004 318i
Very nice car ohhhlala
nicgala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #88
niiCk

Sup guys! i havnt been here in ages..

So i ended up buying a Arqray titanium rear exhaust. Love the sound of it, sounds beefy and nicer than stock. Fitted it and polished it up.

Long story short, i was having bad luck with wheel purchases. I got jipped twice. Its pretty sad.
Well after all that, i made the purchase for some wheels from Japan. It was my first time and i was pretty iffy about it.
It wasnt through jesse streeter, or import monster like most would recommend but a guy that was on the forums. A few guys used him and said he was good and honest. So i took a gamble.

I ended up buying the wheels. Genuine 5x120 and BMW centre bore..72.56? or something like that. 18x9 +12 and 18x10.5 +27.
It was coming by sea and the guy said 5-8 weeks delivery..another thing that made me worried..plus you cant really track sea freight (only when it has left the origin country and when it has arrived in Sydney).

Well, as the weeks went by, i kept checking the tracking..almost everyday at work. I was getting bored and started to look for some temporary wheels. I was going to get some style 95s for fun but i thought no, i'll hold out till my wheels come. Well..it was Wednesday 16th of January..i did my routine check of the tracking in the morning at work..was upset cause it was all the same. Then in the afternoon, before i was about to go home, i checked it again and BAM! it said location "Sydney". My heart pumped like crazy and i was like so happy. It was exactly 6 weeks from when it was sent.

Come Thursday, i was hoping for them to arrive but they didnt i assume it was still getting processed..then friday, i left for work later than usual..and 5 mins after leaving i got a message from my sister saying they arrived..that made my day already! lol couldnt wait to get home.

When i got home, i test fitted them. It was really a gamble as i didnt have much knowledge about E90 wheel sizes and offsets..trying to work off peoples specs from the the photos on the internet isnt easy. So here they are, my work equip wheels

Rare as fk! think these came out in the 90s? yeah i'll have to check the stickers again. As you can see, the fitment is pretty good but i think the rears could be abit more aggressive. Unfortunately, one of the centre caps was damaged which i wasnt aware of..was worried i wouldnt find any since theyre discountinued and rare..but i jumped on ebay aus and there was a set for sale! fkign cheering! i bought them straight away and luckily he lives close by to me.

Well today, Saturday. I was keen on fitting tyres. I was very determined to get some on asap! Could up my usual guy on Friday before i even got home to test fit them. He said he didnt have any in stock and that he couldnt do it on Saturday anyways. So i thought fair enough. So i was on the hunt to find someone who was able to do it.

I found a store that had them in stock..245s. So i went there, they attempted to fit them onto my 10.5s but they couldnt..attempted it 5 times with a bead blaster. Very incompetent..they suck. He said they were too small. So im like fine! i gave in and said put some 255s on then. So they put it on. One went on easily, the other took a couple attempts-.- they finally got them on..then he wanted to charge me an extra $10 for wheel balancing..was fked..but i said yeah whatever. He balanced them and then i was off..2 fking hours later.

I was pretty pissed cause of the tyre size and the price i had to pay in the end. I had another store which i called up earlier that had some tyres that i needed for the fronts. But i was like no, lets go home cause i was pissed and it started raining. While on the way home, going through the M5 i thought, lets just stop by my usual store and ask him for the fronts. Rocked up, saw him and asked for my front tyres. He said alright take the wheels done. We went to look for the tyres and he had alot in stock for the front..grabbed two then he was like what about your rears? what were you after? im like 245s..then hes like oh we got some in stock this morning..im like FML! i was like can you fit them onto 10.5s? hes like yeah. So im like okay, fk lets do it! so i took the 255s which i just bought off and he went to put the 245s on..it was on with ease. Took him literally 5 mins to fit them. I was so happy. I knew i shouldve just went there first, hes the best. He fitted the fronts, and i took my 255s home. Couldnt fit in the daily..had to shove them into the rear seat and couldnt see out the rear window on the way home. Within 30 mins i had them on:

I shall go lower all around soon. Still got to take it for a spin. I also need to pick up the centre caps and fit them.

Enjoy
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #89
Ballistic325

My Ride: slow and steady
Loving it! Congrats!

Sent from my V9 using Bimmer App

I can help with
* Reading Codes / Coding your car
* R&R FCAs, Tie Rods, Sway links....
* RTABs

Need an RTAB tool? Or clutch fan and water pump tools? PM me.
Ballistic325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #90
_k

My Ride: e46 coupe
dedication.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #91
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci
good shiz nit!!!

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #92
the_true_jojo

My Ride: A4
yeah its looks ok i guess

HAHAHA....
Old 01-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #93
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
Looking good Nick, I'm liking it.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #94
niiCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic325 View Post
Loving it! Congrats!

Sent from my V9 using Bimmer App
Quote:
Originally Posted by _k View Post
dedication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOpower View Post
good shiz nit!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_true_jojo View Post
yeah its looks ok i guess

HAHAHA....
haha, alright bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1 View Post
Looking good Nick, I'm liking it.
Thanks Shannon!

So a quick update..i was scrubbing upfront since i didnt really stretch the tyres..so i had to put in some camber.

I then decided to paint the centres since it wasnt in the best shape..and also since one of the centre caps was different..just a temporary refurb:

Also painted my calipers and hubs in silver since they were all rusty..looks so much better now

Washed and waxed it yesterday, first time since ive owned it then it decided to rain today..

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #95
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
Looking good!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #96
pattang93

My Ride: 1998 318i
moar lowwww
pattang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #97
niiCk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
Looking good!
Thanks! still love your car man.
Plan to get that as my next car haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattang93 View Post
moar lowwww
lol, been meaning too..but i dont think i can honestly..
theres 2 speed humps down my street which i even struggle on.

Also at this height, i do regular 3 wheeling..and i also got stuck coming out of a street last week. Front lip got owned
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 AM   #98
niiCk

round 2.
I was driving around the last week with stockies on the front and work wheels on the rear. I KO-ed my front lip so many times, it looks like crap now.

Reason was ever since fitting the 225/40s on the front, i've wanted to go down a size. Finally got some tyres today, 215/40s but it still isnt enough lol. But its better than before i guess. Fitted the wheels again, pushed out the camber to zero camber up front.

And...i raised the rear abit..i did fit some 13mm spacers on the rear for the lols. The fender sat right on the tyre, like how i had my e46 on bags. Brought back memories lol.

Final setup. Threw 3mm spacers all around:

rears could do with some more spacing and cambering.

Final specs atm are 18x9 +9 and 18x10.5 +24

Wheels are for sale.
Im looking at getting a new set of wheels made up this time

Last edited by niiCk; 03-04-2013 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #99
DamoBMW

My Ride: '02 325Ci M-Sport
Pics aren't working for me
Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 AM   #100
niiCk

sorry! should be fixed now