E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2261
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Anyone else get this problem. Web opening a pic in a text it just loads on this screen. It started happening yesterday. It usually just opens right up
Can you re-word you sentence? Not really sure how you are getting to that screen.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #2262
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
Can you re-word you sentence? Not really sure how you are getting to that screen.
when opening a pic in a text message. Friend sent me a picture. I shut off the phone and turned it back on and it was ok. Not sure why it does it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #2263
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
when opening a pic in a text message. Friend sent me a picture. I shut off the phone and turned it back on and it was ok. Not sure why it does it.
Not specifically that, but I did have an issue yesterday with the CAMERA opening WITHIN the text message, so maybe they correlate..

Hope they do release an update to fix small bugs soon though... I'm thinking 6.0.1 or 6.1 will be out before the end of the month

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-02-2012 at 03:08 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #2264
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone know when the lightning adapter is available?
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #2265
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Tried siri yesterday.. definitely did a pretty good job with voice-text for sms purpose. Thanks for the heads up guys

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #2266
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
not that im a fanboy by any means, but you do realize the maps WILL get updated, and the connector will have adapter right? and in a couple months youll probably be able to buy the $5 from monoprice.

hand size? really dude? i have small hands. i think you just wanted to save $100. no need to justify it. but iphone 5 is an UPGRADE from the 4s in almost every aspect.

While driving I can't one hand the phone, like I said this was the main reason from me getting a superior phone like a GS3 or something - there all too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
Sometimes the latest isn't the greatest?
It's fandom, I've provided a list of reasons and all they do is tell me I'm lame lol.

Quote:
Good idea man, you will LOVE it!

Okay, well I'm not talking about all that.... I'm talking about you "winning" over making $100 switching to the 4s....

IF you were smart, you would have paid the $200 for the upgrade to the 16gb 5, SOLD it for $900 on ebay or CL, then buy a used 4S for $350...

$900-($350+$200)=$350 you could have made, that would be "winning"... Instead, you get the
That is entirely too much work when I can mail it in, paypal me money, new phone from AT&T store.

Quote:
Also, now when I look back at a 4, the screen looks TINY! It may only be .5" bigger, but it sure makes a HUGE difference! (I know-that's what she said)

I will have to take a picture with a different phone to show you. It's basically wedge PORTRAIT style in the gauge cluster. I can still see MPH too. I'll post a pic when I can.

Agree. After having the 4 for 2 years, I sometimes think my 5 is NOT in my pocket because of the size/weight difference.

I played with both. I like the 5, I just won't buy one.

And the lightning connector, aside from the fact the iPhone5 is the ONLY apple product that doesn't use the 30 pin connector, can't support the phone. I guess places like my iHome, gym - these places have the 30pin connector and a mounting base that the adapter won't work on for structural reasons. The biggest draw back to the 5 is the new connector and maps. I played with the GS3, my 4s, and iphone5 last night. The 5's size difference is barely noticeable, but then again I've always been behind a rev or 2 on iOS for jailbreak reasons.

You kids enjoy the 5, you can not sell my on the price. If I wanted a bigger screen and LTE, I would of gotten a android years ago.

I have the 4s for a very specific reason. I don't see how all you fanboys don't get this lol

Edit: I do like Siri though, the voice to text is nice. And to you guys with bulky cases...stop it. Spend some money, get a nice thin case - no brick like the otterbox.

Last edited by yousharenow; 10-03-2012 at 09:27 AM.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #2267
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
That is entirely too much work when I can mail it in, paypal me money, new phone from AT&T store.

Honestly, that's just dumb and lazy...What you're saying is, you don't like to have more money... You're like that baby on the Jimmy Fallon commercial.

The 5's size difference is barely noticeable
Wrong. You say you played with it for the last two weeks, when it hasn't even been out two weeks... "played with it" means it wasn't yours and you didn't carry it on a daily basis. Your opinion is worthless, you haven't even owned the phone-Just like a android fanboi

You kids enjoy the 5, you can not sell my on the price. If I wanted a bigger screen and LTE, I would of gotten a android years ago.
So you are saying you love iOS then right? B/c you wouldn't have any other reason to keep the iPhone...

I have the 4s for a very specific reason. I don't see how all you fanboys don't get this lol
Sorry, what was that reason? I don't see your point at all.
response in bold.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-03-2012 at 10:07 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #2268
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
While driving I can't one hand the phone, like I said this was the main reason from me getting a superior phone like a GS3 or something - there all too big.

It's fandom, I've provided a list of reasons and all they do is tell me I'm lame lol.

I played with both. I like the 5, I just won't buy one.

And the lightning connector, aside from the fact the iPhone5 is the ONLY apple product that doesn't use the 30 pin connector, can't support the phone. I guess places like my iHome, gym - these places have the 30pin connector and a mounting base that the adapter won't work on for structural reasons. The biggest draw back to the 5 is the new connector and maps. I played with the GS3, my 4s, and iphone5 last night. The 5's size difference is barely noticeable, but then again I've always been behind a rev or 2 on iOS for jailbreak reasons.

Edit: I do like Siri though, the voice to text is nice. And to you guys with bulky cases...stop it. Spend some money, get a nice thin case - no brick like the otterbox.
I always wondered who bought the older versions.

Lol

Thanks for solving that mystery.

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:

Last edited by Born Again; 10-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #2269
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
So excited I can't wait to get out of class

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1349292100.219826.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	472375
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #2270
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
I might sell this 4s and get one once it's jailbroken.kinda want 4g. I like the 4s a lot, but with hearing about all the speeds people are getting on the 5, I'll upgrade maybe..but again only once the jailbreak is made public.

Last edited by Breezy; 10-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #2271
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Got my Otterbox commuter case today, it does add some unwanted bulk to the phone, it is the same thickness as my 4 which I have the same case for, but now I am not so worried about breaking/scratching it. Also the case seems to be better quality than the same case for the 4.

I drink a lot and drop my phone a lot.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #2272
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
Wanted the Commuter, but the color I want is out of stock. I need it ASAP so I ended up ordering the Defender in the same color (actually colors are reversed btw the two cases). We'll see how much thinner it is compared to the Defender on my old 4.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #2273
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Ordered mine but it's not coming until Oct. 26th~

What am I supposed to do for 4 weeks

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #2274
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
Wanted the Commuter, but the color I want is out of stock. I need it ASAP so I ended up ordering the Defender in the same color (actually colors are reversed btw the two cases). We'll see how much thinner it is compared to the Defender on my old 4.
The commuter for the 5 is a lot nicer than for the 4, it fits a lot better and is more snug. Could just be that the case on my 4 is about a year or so old.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #2275
Junaid

My Ride: .
I'm going caseless, looks much better IMO and I got applecare+ so if it breaks ill just get a new one.
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #2276
rkhettry23

My Ride: Has2Turbos & X-Drive
I got my usb to lightning connectors today. I have car chargers/monoprice double chargers that I just swap these in. Really not that big of a deal.

2002 325xi--Parted Out

Last edited by rkhettry23; 10-03-2012 at 09:46 PM.
rkhettry23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #2277
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
I'm going caseless, looks much better IMO and I got applecare+ so if it breaks ill just get a new one.
Thought about that, but would rather spend $35 on a case than $100 on applecare with a $50 deductible.

I must say, after having the phone for about a week with no case I miss the slim design of it due to the case, but Ill get used to it.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #2278
Junaid

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Thought about that, but would rather spend $35 on a case than $100 on applecare with a $50 deductible.

I must say, after having the phone for about a week with no case I miss the slim design of it due to the case, but Ill get used to it.
I know what you mean by missing the slim design, I bought a case but took it off after a bit. I will use the case if I know my hands are getting dirty or something, other than that the screen protectors should hold up fine. I want a carbon fiber looking case, Griffen made one for the 4s but I don't see one for the 5 from them yet.
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #2279
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
verizon said shipping date was going to be Oct 19th. Got mine today
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #2280
golf_234

My Ride: E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post

invisishield >>>>> case

2008 135i | Year 1 of the 1 | AW/Black Boston Leather | N54 | JB4 | Map 5 | 19" Matte Black CSLs | Comfort Access
Adaptive Xenons | Premium/Sport | Cold Weather | Brembos | Clear Bra | Auto Dim | Rain Sensor | 350 WHP
golf_234 is offline   Reply With Quote