E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #2481
honkifyoubonk

My Ride: E 6666
Its been 20 days since i preordered mine and it still hasnt even shipped yet I am getting frustrated
Old 10-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #2482
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkifyoubonk View Post
Its been 20 days since i preordered mine and it still hasnt even shipped yet I am getting frustrated
that's pretty annoying. i got mine the day of and didn't even preorder on the day it was released.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #2483
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
Mine is still one business day away from arriving. I ordered on the early evening of the 14th.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #2484
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Use the Hinge method to install the screen protector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
I've tried the tape method but never thought of using painters tape to remove the dust. Thanks for the video.
Very cool. Love this idea.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #2485
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkifyoubonk View Post
Just keep trying at the Apple Store.
Every store receives shipments every week. Bigger cities may receive more than once per week. It may only last a few hours. You just keep trying.
I was at a store yesterday and could have walked out with one, but chose not to buy.

Last edited by Master Po; 10-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #2486
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
got mine on release day. thats what you guys get for pre-ordering late.
bry330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #2487
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Ordered from Verizon on release day, ha it about five days later
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #2488
Junaid

My Ride: .
Went after class on launch day and picked one up. I went to a very slow mall and there was absolutely no line ups.
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #2489
bry330i

Save yourself $36!

Quote:
Charity Shumer: I am waiving it for you now, please allow me a moment to do so.

Charity Shumer: I have waived this fee for you. It will reflect on your balance within 24-48 hours. You can also check your balance by texting *BAL#. Sending a confirmation text of the waiver now.
if you're with AT&T. just hit them up and ask to have your upgrade fee waived. just did mine.

https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld

Last edited by bry330i; 10-09-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2490
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
AT&T has an upgrade fee? What the hell is that for?
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #2491
bry330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #2492
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Verizon does too. It's for being loyal customers with no options...
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #2493
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
So basically as The reviews come in we can safely say that the new Iphone is a total waste of money?

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2494
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
What kind of biased reviews have you been reading. It's a perfectly good upgrade. Just don't expect anything revolutionary.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #2495
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
I plugged my phone right into my car, no worries.

Then again, the mustang has a USB port.
My BMW doesn't have a USB port...
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #2496
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
So basically as The reviews come in we can safely say that the new Iphone is a total waste of money?
Factoring in performance specifications, no not sure where you came up with that.

ps your phone looks like crap in that picture

We have 4 websites within the family.

Last edited by v8 5; 10-09-2012 at 06:37 PM.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #2497
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
What reviews are you talking about?

I was a die-hard Android fan with a Galaxy Nexus, flashing ROMs nearly everyday. I tried out the iphone 5, and it completely changed my image of Apple. The iPhone 5 is the best phone I've used--period. It's not revolutionary in innovative new features, but it is probably the most refined, most usable phone in the world.

The performance is stunning. You just won't believe how fast everything is. Everything opens and functions nearly instantly. LTE and the internal components work so well together, you have to use it to appreciate it.

The screen is GORGEOUS. Hands down the most beautiful screen you will ever use. It almost gives everything a 3D quality. Everything pops.

Battery life after the Verizon patch has been AMAZING. I am getting over 1 day on standby and 8+ hours of usage. That is with heavy usage and 5 push email accounts. I don't baby the phone at all, and it goes from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep with plenty of room to spare. That's with a little LTE, some gaming, phone calls, messaging, browsing, etc.

If you get a flawless unit, the unibody construction is beautiful and the thinness is welcome. Button presses aren't as good as the 4/4s, but still better than any Android phone.

Is the phone perfect? No. IMO, the screen could have been bigger, the keyboard can be updated (like pressing and holding a key to get a number or alternate character), and quality control can be beefed up. The way you move icons around the homescreen is also completely silly and annoying, and there should be an app drawer and notification setting toggles.

Use it, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. It does everything you need (the basics) so smoothly you won't care about widgets and customization.

I think the only negative reviews I've read concerned quality control or manufacturing defects: cosmetic damage out of the box. There is an issue with purple flare with the camera, but I went through my old Nexus pics and noticed that had the same problem too (not unique to the iphone 5).

I also bought an S3 to compare, and returned that after a couple hours of use. The lag on that phone is ridiculous for its performance specs. I am sure it is touchwiz, and that a ROM/kernel would make it fly, but the only advantage I saw to the S3 was the screen size.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 10-09-2012 at 07:24 PM.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2498
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Factoring in performance specifications, no not sure where you came up with that.

ps your phone looks like crap in that picture
Ps the phone is 3 years old in that picture, I have an S3 now

And for the price You pay all i hear is about how crappy the Quaility of the phone is, Even here you guys complain about how junky it is, Sure its a little bit faster than the 4s the screen pops a bit more and you can see one more app on the home screen BIG DEAL Some one stated they are on their THIRD phone already, Seems to me the smart thing to do was to stick with the 4s and call it a day

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here

Last edited by E46330iguy; 10-09-2012 at 07:26 PM.
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #2499
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
I bit the bullet and ordered the iPhone5. Let's see if buyer's remorse (..my usual affliction) kicks in once I receive it. I'm holding onto my Google Nexus S just in case.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 10-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #2500
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:

Quote:
Ps the phone is 3 years old in that picture, I have an S3 now
lolol, you do know what "PS." means right? You are making yourself look like a complete moron. AlphaWhiskey was a HUGE iPhone hater at the beginning of this thread and you can see his post bellow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
What reviews are you talking about?

I was a die-hard Android fan with a Galaxy Nexus, flashing ROMs nearly everyday. I tried out the iphone 5, and it completely changed my image of Apple. The iPhone 5 is the best phone I've used--period. It's not revolutionary in innovative new features, but it is probably the most refined, most usable phone in the world.

The performance is stunning. You just won't believe how fast everything is. Everything opens and functions nearly instantly. LTE and the internal components work so well together, you have to use it to appreciate it.

The screen is GORGEOUS. Hands down the most beautiful screen you will ever use. It almost gives everything a 3D quality. Everything pops.

Battery life after the Verizon patch has been AMAZING. I am getting over 1 day on standby and 8+ hours of usage. That is with heavy usage and 5 push email accounts. I don't baby the phone at all, and it goes from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep with plenty of room to spare. That's with a little LTE, some gaming, phone calls, messaging, browsing, etc.

If you get a flawless unit, the unibody construction is beautiful and the thinness is welcome. Button presses aren't as good as the 4/4s, but still better than any Android phone.

Is the phone perfect? No. IMO, the screen could have been bigger, the keyboard can be updated (like pressing and holding a key to get a number or alternate character), and quality control can be beefed up. The way you move icons around the homescreen is also completely silly and annoying, and there should be an app drawer and notification setting toggles.

Use it, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. It does everything you need (the basics) so smoothly you won't care about widgets and customization.BINGO

I think the only negative reviews I've read concerned quality control or manufacturing defects: cosmetic damage out of the box. There is an issue with purple flare with the camera, but I went through my old Nexus pics and noticed that had the same problem too (not unique to the iphone 5).

I also bought an S3 to compare, and returned that after a couple hours of use. The lag on that phone is ridiculous for its performance specs. I am sure it is touchwiz, and that a ROM/kernel would make it fly, but the only advantage I saw to the S3 was the screen size.

Quoted because I am glad you came around

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I bit the bullet and ordered the iPhone5. Let's see if buyer's remorse (..my usual affliction) kicks in once I receive it. I'm holding onto my Google Nexus S just in case.
You won't regret it. Give it at least a week and you WILL be addicted. I have yet to meet a new iPhone user that hasn't fallen in love with the phone.

COMPLETELY worth the upgrade if you have the option.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote