E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #2501
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post

lolol, you do know what "PS." means right? You are making yourself look like a complete moron. AlphaWhiskey was a HUGE iPhone hater at the beginning of this thread and you can see his post bellow...

Quoted because I am glad you came around

You won't regret it. Give it at least a week and you WILL be addicted. I have yet to meet a new iPhone user that hasn't fallen in love with the phone.

COMPLETELY worth the upgrade if you have the option.
uh, who was an iphone hater? I've been pretty neutral and fair. I was, and still am, a fanboy hater.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 10-09-2012 at 10:14 PM.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #2502
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
Ps the phone is 3 years old in that picture, I have an S3 now

And for the price You pay all i hear is about how crappy the Quaility of the phone is, Even here you guys complain about how junky it is, Sure its a little bit faster than the 4s the screen pops a bit more and you can see one more app on the home screen BIG DEAL Some one stated they are on their THIRD phone already, Seems to me the smart thing to do was to stick with the 4s and call it a day
Of course people will complain. That's how forums work. It is not junky, and you do actually sound jealous. The S3 is no champion of build quality. From the AndroidAuthority video- you drop it and it splits in half. I don't usually pull that card, but I don't know what's up with you.

It's not a little faster. The display is way more accurate than the 4S and the S3, and the phone is way faster than the 4S, and faster than the S3.

People who exchanged their phones multiple times are exceedingly picky. They aren't the typical breed of consumer, (e.g. someone who buys a Samsung product); Apple has spoiled its fanboys.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #2503
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
New connector is pissing me off...Looking all over for the power cable and all I can find is 10 regular connectors. Fvcking you Apple, I can't wait until Chinas holiday is over so I can get some cheap converters. /rant

Last edited by Green_Shine; 10-09-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #2504
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
Save yourself $36!

if you're with AT&T. just hit them up and ask to have your upgrade fee waived. just did mine.

https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld
...wait what?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #2505
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
New connector is pissing me off...Looking all over for the power cable and all I can find is 10 regular connectors. Fvcking you Apple, I can't wait until Chinas holiday is over so I can get some cheap converters. /rant
I went to the apple store by me and there were at least 40 of them hanging there. I was $20, which is lame, but now I have one in my car that I can take into work or other places with me.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #2506
boostedisbetter

IF YOU WANT TO SAVE $36 READ THIS

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1451998

I literally did what he said and it WORKED! They had no problem crediting my $36 back to my account INSTANTLY...
Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #2507
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
uh, who was an iphone hater? I've been pretty neutral and fair. I was, and still am, a fanboy hater.
To a fanboy, you were a hater. I got flamed just for agreeing with you

It baffles me as well how the iOS keyboard still lacks long press options, and there are no shortcuts to system toggles (like SBSettings gives). I'm sure both of these could be addressed with a jailbreak, the same way the speed issues of an S3 can be addressed with a root and flash to 4.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #2508
Chris3Duke

Quote:

I literally did what he said and it WORKED! They had no problem crediting my $36 back to my account INSTANTLY...
Thanks, man. Just got $39.63 ($36 + tax) credited back to my account.
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #2509
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Of course people will complain. That's how forums work. It is not junky, and you do actually sound jealous. The S3 is no champion of build quality. From the AndroidAuthority video- you drop it and it splits in half. I don't usually pull that card, but I don't know what's up with you.

It's not a little faster. The display is way more accurate than the 4S and the S3, and the phone is way faster than the 4S, and faster than the S3.

People who exchanged their phones multiple times are exceedingly picky. They aren't the typical breed of consumer, (e.g. someone who buys a Samsung product); Apple has spoiled its fanboys.
I Like My S3 Ive never Liked the iPhone, Do I hate it no Its a Great phone, Ive done side by side test with my friends with the new iphone and they seem exactly the same as far as speed goes, I Like being able to change out a battery myself instead of taking it to the iphone store as well, Or in my case id have to send it away(no apple genius stores here) were as if my battery goes bad i get one for free and dont have to wait. As far as speed Goes is the extra 1/4 of a second faster over the last iphone really worth Upgrading for the $200? I doubt it As far as i look it its exactly the same phone but a bit larger faster, Way worse maps and bad built quality

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #2510
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:

Posted it a page back.
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #2511
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
i love my galaxy nexus to death, though I'd like to try an iPhone for a week or two so i can finally make an unbiased decision.

Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #2512
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
I Like My S3 Ive never Liked the iPhone
Cool story

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #2513
alphawhiskey

Quote:
I Like My S3 Ive never Liked the iPhone, Do I hate it no Its a Great phone, Ive done side by side test with my friends with the new iphone and they seem exactly the same as far as speed goes, I Like being able to change out a battery myself instead of taking it to the iphone store as well, Or in my case id have to send it away(no apple genius stores here) were as if my battery goes bad i get one for free and dont have to wait. As far as speed Goes is the extra 1/4 of a second faster over the last iphone really worth Upgrading for the $200? I doubt it As far as i look it its exactly the same phone but a bit larger faster, Way worse maps and bad built quality
Learn how to use a period and comma for god's sake.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #2514
roastbeef

My Ride: 325ci
anyone know a place in socal that has them in stock?

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #2515
alphawhiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
anyone know a place in socal that has them in stock?
You just have to check online every night at 10PM (Apple Store).

You can also check the Best Buy website, but I don't recommend buying from them. If you have a defect out of the box, you have to fight them for the right to return. And they are very reluctant to do swaps.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #2516
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3Duke View Post
Thanks, man. Just got $39.63 ($36 + tax) credited back to my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry330i View Post
Posted it a page back.
I know man, THANK YOU! I just wanted to make it MORE obvious to help people out.

Quote:
Are you seriously like 5 years old? Your intelligence matches your opinions. How can you say bad 'built' quality?! You honestly need to stop posting, you are making yourself look DUMBER AND DUMBER!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #2517
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
Sorry man, I confused you with hater extraordinaire, Jeffro.

Still glad you made the switch and enjoy it as much as you do.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #2518
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
How can you say it has bad build quality when it beats the S3 in every drop test? Because the first batch of phones had scuffs? After that first batch no one has complained of scuffs. Also tests have shown that the iPhone is faster than the S3.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #2519
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
The Noble Tampa02e46

If he won't protect Apple Inc. and call people names for criticizing the iPhone...

WHO WILL?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #2520
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
The Noble Tampa02e46

If he won't protect Apple Inc. and call people names for criticizing the iPhone...

WHO WILL?
This is sig material. I like it! I look like a badass!

But can you change "Apple Inc." to iPhone ?? I really don't like the OS on Apple computers lol. Although I guess I could Dual-Boot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
How can you say it has bad build quality when it beats the S3 in every drop test?
Because he's an ignorant Android fanboi, duh.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote