E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #2581
filipinoise

My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
Sorry, that photo has all the wrong elements, technically speaking.
Underexposed, wrong composition, out of focus, extreme vignetting, and on and on.
I wouldn't brag about the iPhone camera with that photo. Just saying.
Technically speaking, the composition gives the image a very nice, subtle feel by the almost-silhouetted foreground in the bottom. The vignetting does the image justice by providing the corners with some breathing room so that the image doesn't just stray off into one direction. Rather, it keeps the viewer's attention to the center of the image. Doesn't seem to be out of focus on my computer, especially considering the image was edited through Instagram and probably posted up at a low-resolution. It's a nice, minimalistic image that introduces a nice blend between soft, warm tones and a colder feel as the eyes of the viewer progress upwards. Gives us the idea that it was taken around sunrise. Just my two cents, as it's certainly not an image to brag about the iPhone 5's camera with, but it's also not something to be bashing on for all of the wrong reasons.

I take pictures in the San Francisco Bay Area.
www.eluisphoto.com

Last edited by filipinoise; 10-15-2012 at 02:16 AM.
filipinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #2582
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Listed my 32gb 4 on amazon for 200 on Craigslist, didn't get a single bite. Put it on amazon for 220 and sold within a day. Not bad for a 2 year old phone with a fair amount of scratches and a home button that doesn't work all the time. Yes I mentioned those in the ad
How much $ does Amazon take?
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #2583
E46330iguy

My Ride: Supercharged 330i
Ive been Hearing about lots of problems with the new iphone camera, lots of people around here that have it are getting severa purple lines or sometimes a "haze" across the screen nearly every other picture taken, People have phoned apple directly and they say thats its user error and wont take the phone back. The phone is impressive on paper but the quality is not

http://dottech.org/83342/apple-pulls...ect-is-normal/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

you've Met a terrible fate haven't you ?

KONI /Michelin/Stoptec/Borla/ Bimmerbrake / MTechII/AA Stage one (for now) Automatic--->5 speed swap/ UUC High performance clutch kit

Questions about Header wrap? clickHere
Supercharger build thread click Here
E46330iguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #2584
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
HALO 4 - Ill get it two weeks before its out any skeptics ill take a pic infront of _______________or with ________________ you choose. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46330iguy View Post
Ive been Hearing about lots of problems with the new iphone camera, lots of people around here that have it are getting severa purple lines or sometimes a "haze" across the screen nearly every other picture taken, People have phoned apple directly and they say thats its user error and wont take the phone back. The phone is impressive on paper but the quality is not

http://dottech.org/83342/apple-pulls...ect-is-normal/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
I wasn't sure before, but it's clear this guy is just a troll.

BTW, my Galaxy Nexus has the same purple flare problem. So do many other cameras.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #2585
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
The camera on my phone is horrible. Lens can't even micro focus. Still no purple flare though

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #2586
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
I wasn't sure before, but it's clear this guy is just a troll.

BTW, my Galaxy Nexus has the same purple flare problem. So do many other cameras.
If my $400 phone had any hardware defects apparent right after taking delivery I would expect to be provided a replacement unit, no questions asked.

The screen on my 2 year old android stopped working entirely and it was replaced no questions asked
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #2587
alphawhiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
If my $400 phone had any hardware defects apparent right after taking delivery I would expect to be provided a replacement unit, no questions asked.

The screen on my 2 year old android stopped working entirely and it was replaced no questions asked
Uh, I don't disagree at all.

I have no idea why a phone should be replaced for the purple flare issue. You are going to get that problem on the next iphone, and likely any other phone you get. Like I said, same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. If I swap that out now, I'm going to get another one with the same problem.

Last edited by alphawhiskey; 10-15-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 AM   #2588
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Uh, I don't disagree at all.

I have no idea why a phone should be replaced for the purple flare issue. You are going to get that problem on the next iphone, and likely any other phone you get. Like I said, same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. If I swap that out now, I'm going to get another one with the same problem.

wat
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #2589
alphawhiskey

Quote:
wat
You don't know how to read?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #2590
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
I don't have ANY issues with my camera at all on TWO iphone5's... You all have to remember HOW MANY PHONES were actually made... You are talking about 6+ MILLION...MILLLLLLLION PHONES!!! Of course there are going to be some defects.

People REALLY are just THAT lazy that they would rather sit on their ass and b|tch and moan about problems on a computer than drive 10 miles to an APPLE store where they WILL REPLACE THE PHONE FOR FREE! I just don't get all these pussy ass whiners. Suck it up and shut the fvck up.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 10-15-2012 at 09:43 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #2591
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinoise View Post
Technically speaking, the composition gives the image a very nice, subtle feel by the almost-silhouetted foreground in the bottom. The vignetting does the image justice by providing the corners with some breathing room so that the image doesn't just stray off into one direction. Rather, it keeps the viewer's attention to the center of the image. Doesn't seem to be out of focus on my computer, especially considering the image was edited through Instagram and probably posted up at a low-resolution. It's a nice, minimalistic image that introduces a nice blend between soft, warm tones and a colder feel as the eyes of the viewer progress upwards. Gives us the idea that it was taken around sunrise. Just my two cents, as it's certainly not an image to brag about the iPhone 5's camera with, but it's also not something to be bashing on for all of the wrong reasons.
Pwned.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #2592
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
I've never seen it on mine, or my old Thunderbolt either. Or any other phone I've ever seen pictures from for that matter . Maybe I'm just lucky. The iphone 4s doesn't even have it, or it's at least about 95% less apparent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #2593
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Still waiting for my Desmay case, it shipped last Sunday apparently.
What color did you get? Post up pics when you get it and have it installed. I've been wanting this one but it has been out of stock for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinoise View Post
According to this...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-acces...delivered.html

The 30-pin to Lightning adapter should be able to work with my USA-Spec PA12-BMW. Therefore, just placed an order on the adapter. I'll be sure to check back with you guys (or those that are interested) when I get it in the mail, hopefully before the expected delivery date sometime in November.
I sure hope so, let us know when you get it.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #2594
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Reading through this thread, I can't help but be reminded of Louis CK's joke of how everything is amazing and no one is happy.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #2595
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:

The software developer took your phone back for a hardware defect? Amazing!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #2596
NOVAbimmer

Had my phone for a couple weeks now. No issues.

Although I'm pretty pissed that it doesn't make my coffee and go to work for me. Apple FTL.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #2597
Junaid

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
I don't have ANY issues with my camera at all on TWO iphone5's... You all have to remember HOW MANY PHONES were actually made... You are talking about 6+ MILLION...MILLLLLLLION PHONES!!! Of course there are going to be some defects.

People REALLY are just THAT lazy that they would rather sit on their ass and b|tch and moan about problems on a computer than drive 10 miles to an APPLE store where they WILL REPLACE THE PHONE FOR FREE! I just don't get all these pussy ass whiners. Suck it up and shut the fvck up.
Depends on where you live. I live in Toronto so yes my drive is 10 mins to get an apple store, but for my cousin the closest store is a 100 miles a way. It's pretty fvcking annoying to drive a 100 miles to hear its normal for your battery to die in 6 hours of mediocre usage
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #2598
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
Depends on where you live. I live in Toronto so yes my drive is 10 mins to get an apple store, but for my cousin the closest store is a 100 miles a way. It's pretty fvcking annoying to drive a 100 miles to hear its normal for your battery to die in 6 hours of mediocre usage
It would take me about an hour to drive to my closest apple store. If there's no traffic.

I can think of maybe two times I've actually been in an apple store.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #2599
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
So people dont have phones to explain the problem

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #2600
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
Watched that live.