E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #2661
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinoise View Post
Anyone with an artistic eye can see that it's a crap picture? That's quite a bold statement, my friend. The way I see it, anyone with an artistic eye can see the beauty in a so-called 'crap' picture. Elaborate?
Oh my goodness! Would you happen to be a philosophy major? Maybe you're in anthro? Hop up off my dick! There are some photographs that are more aptly described as snapshots- they are memorable but not artistic. This is one of them.

i spend it while i can, if i run out i'll swallow all my meds
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #2662
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FEDEX TO DRIVE 15 ****ING BLOCKS TO DELIVER A GOD DAMN PACKAGE

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #2663
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FEDEX TO DRIVE 15 ****ING BLOCKS TO DELIVER A GOD DAMN PACKAGE
About 11.2 hours
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #2664
filipinoise

My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Oh my goodness! Would you happen to be a philosophy major? Maybe you're in anthro? Hop up off my dick! There are some photographs that are more aptly described as snapshots- they are memorable but not artistic. This is one of them.
I'm a Chemistry major. Sorry if I got your hopes up. As for the 'hop up off my dick' comment, I won't even go there. I was just responding to what you said & asked a question.

While I agree that it is a snapshot (although not the memorable but not artistic part, as something as simple as a sunset is definitely not memorable.. For what it's worth, probably more artistic than memorable), it is still a perfectly viable image that is worth critiquing. That's the point I'm trying to get across here.

I take pictures in the San Francisco Bay Area.
www.eluisphoto.com

Last edited by filipinoise; 10-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.
filipinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #2665
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Photography is subjective. Judging art (for the most part) is subjective. People have their own likes and dislikes, and some people can spot one thing while others spot something else. It's a beautiful thing, actually, and it's one of the reasons why I enjoy it so much - there's always something new to consider in regards to any photo, no matter what it be. Maybe nothing that I mentioned was intentional in the picture he took, but the mere fact that one was able to point out a few things about it, positive or negative, allow for it to being a valid work that can be critiqued. I'm just saying - coming off as somewhat harsh on your criticism while not even including anything that would 'help' the photographer improve.. Just doesn't do any justice.
I have nothing against art.
But he didn't post that as "look ma, I'm artistic".
He posted to show how good the iPhone camera was.
The conditions were demanding, no doubt (against the sun, moving, etc). But the iPhone camera failed miserably on those conditions.
Camera evaluation is a science. Go tell the folks at DPreview and DxO Labs that they've been wasting their time and money all these years and that they could simply "critique" a camera instead.

Last edited by Master Po; 10-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #2666
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
I'm a Chemistry major. Sorry if I got your hopes up. As for the 'hop up off my dick' comment, I won't even go there. I was just responding to what you said & asked a question.

While I agree that it is a snapshot (although not the memorable but not artistic part, as something as simple as a sunset is definitely not memorable.. For what it's worth, probably more artistic than memorable), it is still a perfectly viable image that is worth critiquing. That's the point I'm trying to get across here.
This is not the "official post your best picture" thread. That's 2 doors down, to the left.
And BTW, they don't allow phone shots over there for exactly the reasons we're describing here. His shot would be creamed to death.
This is the iPhone thread.
Get off his dick.

Last edited by Master Po; 10-15-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #2667
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
According to Apple, the lighting connector is the same speed as USB and the iphone5 is still rated at 2.0. So there is no difference between the 30pin and this new connector. In Europe, micro-USB to lighting are being sold.
I would buy a few if they weren't $25 - $30 plus shipping from Europe.
I hope a cheap version of these comes out soon, Then I can carry one in my pocket and charge it whenever I am near a micro-usb cable, which is often.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #2668
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
The conditions were demanding, no doubt (against the sun, moving, etc). But the iPhone camera failed miserably on those conditions.
Camera evaluation is a science. Go tell the folks at DPreview and DxO Labs that they've been wasting their time and money all these years and that they could simply "critique" a camera instead.
Eh, I wouldn't say the camera failed. I'd say the photographer failed.

Lots of great cameras would be hard pressed to take a great photograph while being used by the driver while moving and driving into the sun.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #2669
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say the camera failed. I'd say the photographer failed.

Lots of great cameras would be hard pressed to take a great photograph while being used by the driver while moving and driving into the sun.
Clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
Dude, it's a crap picture. Anyone with an artistic eye can see that. It's just good enough that if I took it, I wouldn't delete it from my camera roll.

(Nothing personal, tock)

Clueless.

Quote:
More clueless.

Quote:
Sorry, that photo has all the wrong elements, technically speaking.
Underexposed, wrong composition, out of focus, extreme vignetting, and on and on.
I wouldn't brag about the iPhone camera with that photo. Just saying.

Most clueless.

Quote:
Technically speaking, the composition gives the image a very nice, subtle feel by the almost-silhouetted foreground in the bottom. The vignetting does the image justice by providing the corners with some breathing room so that the image doesn't just stray off into one direction. Rather, it keeps the viewer's attention to the center of the image. Doesn't seem to be out of focus on my computer, especially considering the image was edited through Instagram and probably posted up at a low-resolution. It's a nice, minimalistic image that introduces a nice blend between soft, warm tones and a colder feel as the eyes of the viewer progress upwards. Gives us the idea that it was taken around sunrise. Just my two cents, as it's certainly not an image to brag about the iPhone 5's camera with, but it's also not something to be bashing on for all of the wrong reasons.
Congratulations. You're the only one with a clue. I'm sure you'll go far in life.

In all seriousness, this style of photography is very popular on Instagram. My photo is perhaps not the best example, but maybe this should motivate some of you to download the app and look for a photo more fitting.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 10-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #2670
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
You guys talking about photography?
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #2671
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Any truth to iPhone 5s coming out on black Friday or is it a Facebook thing?
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #2672
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
wayyyyyyy too soon to be true, why would apple ditch a product that is still on backorder
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #2673
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola
Quote:
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There isn't anything in the entire history of Apple that makes me think they would consider anything that stupid. You should get some smarter friends.
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2674
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
it's just a mentally retarded thing.
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2675
filipinoise

My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
This is not the "official post your best picture" thread. That's 2 doors down, to the left.
And BTW, they don't allow phone shots over there for exactly the reasons we're describing here. His shot would be creamed to death.
This is the iPhone thread.
Get off his dick.
For the record, if I'm not mistaken, he was the one that made a comment on my post in the first place. So much for being on his dick in the first place.

Given the fact that an image was taken with a phone doesn't make it "not worth anything" or a "crap photo" or something along the lines of that. I know some photographers who sell their stuff on Getty Images and people don't even realize that they've been taken with an iPhone. There are exceptions, and photographer skill is one of them. As I mentioned, maybe tock's image wasn't quite the best image to put up when it came down to iPhone 5 image quality, but when you say that it's not even a solid image and is plagued with a whole lot of 'wrong'.. It makes no sense.

By the way, your comment in regards to DxO and whatnot doesn't really make any sense. I never said anything about critiquing a camera. I said that you shouldn't be so quick to judge one's work in a negative way without even providing your own input on how to improve or what could be changed. It's like reading someone's essay, saying it sucks, and then moving on with your life without even giving tips or suggestions. It lowers your credibility.

I take pictures in the San Francisco Bay Area.
www.eluisphoto.com
filipinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #2676
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauce says View Post
That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There isn't anything in the entire history of Apple that makes me think they would consider anything that stupid. You should get some smarter friends.
These are people with 5 posting about it
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #2677
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 2000 Integra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
You guys talking about photography?

Quote:
Just the fact that you posted this confirms your stupidity.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #2678
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
These are people with 5 posting about it
must be true then
Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #2679
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
Who is the guy on here that complained their camera would flash and take the picture after the flash (so the pic ended up dark)? I don't want to search through all the pages, but my phone is doing this. It can't take any pictures in the dark as the flash is useless. What is the fix for this? Software update or need a new phone?
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #2680
Junaid

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe View Post
Who is the guy on here that complained their camera would flash and take the picture after the flash (so the pic ended up dark)? I don't want to search through all the pages, but my phone is doing this. It can't take any pictures in the dark as the flash is useless. What is the fix for this? Software update or need a new phone?
Restart the phone
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote