E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #2981
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
i have flash on my phone.
My condolences. I have LogMeIn where I can choose from one of many desktops that have real up to date Flash installed. I do not miss that battery-hog stopgap technology on my phone.
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2982
Grande D

My Ride: Whiiiite BMW!
Quote:
I have 64g total memory on my phone. I have about 36g used right now.
i have flash on my phone.
So presumably you'd be fine with a 64gb iPhone, right?

And if Flash is now an "add-on" for Android as I thought it was, you can get flash enabled browsers and apps for the iPhone too. I just don't know why you'd want to, unless it's for work I guess.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #2983
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
screen is still too small on an iphone.

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #2984
Grande D

Quote:
screen is still too small on an iphone.
And there we have it; we are down to something subjective. I rest my case.
dont listen to these fuQ faces... just go to a junk yard and get a used complete left rear end. i cracked my left rear control arm on the highway because i was driving w/o shocks... lol! ***Was too busy caking on these bitches instead of taking care my car!***
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #2985
Tauce says

Get one of these bad boys
Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #2986
GRIFFIN
NWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
And there we have it; we are down to something subjective. I rest my case.
screen is still too small on galaxy. if the ipad could make phone call I would use that.

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #2987
Grande D

Quote:
screen is still too small on galaxy. if the ipad could make phone call I would use that.
Buy a Note 2. I hear it is phab-ulous.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #2988
Tauce says

Quote:
It can with a few apps and a Google voice account.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #2989
GRIFFIN
NWS

Quote:
Buy a Note 2. I hear it is phab-ulous.
okay. I will

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #2990
Grande D

Quote:
okay. I will
Why haven't you bought a Note or Note 2? Just curious.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #2991
GRIFFIN
NWS

Quote:
Why haven't you bought a Note or Note 2? Just curious.
laziness. I have an ipad and a xoom, and tons of differnet cell phones.
I just bought 5 for my girl, and i have just been tired of buying a new phone every 6months to a year. once I get my phone the way i like it, I don;t want to ever cchange it, butthen something new comes out and I have to learn new sh1t and reprogram the phone the way i like it.

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #2992
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauce says View Post
It's just like the audiophile market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #2993
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauce says View Post
Sounds like you're a nerd with use cases that Apple doesn't give a crap about. It's just like the audiophile market. It's not possible to please everyone.
Never Ending Radical Dude, I'll take that, my brain is what got me all the toys I've own. Don't get me wrong, I've owned a iphone for a year, have great things to say about it until I switched. Now, I wonder if Apple really cares about it's customers, they make everything so complicated. I had to learn how to use the iphone. I had to google a lot with my iphone. Android just came natural if you know how to use Windows.

Quote:
I'm not going to call you fanboy. You have unique requirements that I don't believe are shared by all S3 users.

I wonder if Griffin or other S3 user frequently play formats unsupported by the 5, or how many truly desire to carry all their stuff around on a removable card as you do.

You can move icons around and not fill pages. I think Android kinda looks like Windows XP.

Screen size is totally personal preference and is not something the S3 does that the iPhone doesn't do. It isn't that kind of feature. Same goes for you not liking the way it looks. Not a tangible feature.

You can run multiple apps.

Widgets are very similar to programs. I suppose that's a feature. A lot of that stuff can be found in the iPhone notification bar.

You can run multiple apps.

iTunes is very streamlined and at best I think you could call the lack of options a draw, because the syncing process can be pretty arcane with Android phones.
There is something for everyone. Android just makes more sense to me. It's hard to go back.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #2994
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
I'll just say this....

...if the iOS interface were that progressive, the jailbreak community wouldn't be so prominent. That's not to say that iOS is bad (..or that the Android interface is "better"), it's just different. I appreciate the level of customization available with the Android OS. I can also appreciate the simplicity of the iOS interface.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 10-30-2012 at 09:03 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #2995
BRccKLYN

My Ride: Topaz 01 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'll just say this....

...if the iOS interface were that progressive, the jailbreak community wouldn't be so prominent. That's not to say that iOS is bad (..or that the Android interface is "better"), it's just different. I appreciate the level of customization available with the Android OS. I can also appreciate the simplicity of the iOS interface.
Definitely + 1

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Bimmer App
BRccKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #2996
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Let me just say this. Me and my friends have been customizing our own rigs, over clocking, fiddling with every knob for the past twenty years. We are also nerds with comp sci degrees. Yet we're all rocking iPhones.

So I don't buy this elitist use Android mon/pop use iPhones argument. We know a well designed functional device when we see one. It's the ppl who compare specs and fringe features that are the vain attention wh0res. My phone does what I want. There's no need to argue about "my phone is cooler than yours blah blah blah"
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #2997
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Besides NFC, what does it do that the iPhone 5 does not?
Simultaneous voice and data on Verizon would be a good place to start. It is a serious issue that would affect me daily. You can't navigate and talk on the phone!

There is a lot I like about the iPhone, but a lot I don't as well. Cons still outweigh Pros.

I'm hoping the next iPhone will do simultaneous voice/data and have a bigger battery.

Last edited by Dreamliner330; 10-30-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #2998
Junaid

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'll just say this....

Well said

I love the customization part of the Android OS, there is always something new to do. It is a growing community and I believe in the next few years it will surpass iOS. Apple is nice because it is simple. You open the box and use it.
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #2999
Grande D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
Simultaneous voice and data on Verizon would be a good place to start. It is a serious issue that would affect me daily. You can't navigate and talk on the phone!

There is a lot I like about the iPhone, but a lot I don't as well. Cons still outweigh Pros.

I'm hoping the next iPhone will do simultaneous voice/data and have a bigger battery.
The 4/4S did didn't they? I know my phone switches to 4G when on the phone. Are you sure you can't use "4G" (3G) while talking on the phone on Verizon?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #3000
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
The 4/4S did didn't they? I know my phone switches to 4G when on the phone. Are you sure you can't use "4G" (3G) while talking on the phone on Verizon?
No. Not on CDMA networks.

This explains it much better than i can:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6295/w...-svdo-support-
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote