E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #3841
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
BTW: If any of you need to have an iPhone screen repaired I do REALLY cheap work. I can do 3G,3GS,4G,4GS, and of course the 5.

Replacing a 4(s) or 4 rear glass is as easy as unscrewing the two screws and sliding it up.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #3842
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
how much for a iphone 5 screen?

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #3843
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post

Wow. I do like my iPhone and after looking at the One I will not switch, but some Android phones are enticing. I think iOS 7 will help me to truly enjoy iOS again.

Macrumors- then look at the sources. They usually assess validity of sources in the last paragraph of their blurbs.

Some stuff is common sense and past knowledge of design preferences (Ive-> flat design) which when compounded by a leak by some Apple employee all but validates the claim/direction.

http://www.macrumors.com

On iOS7:

Very flat design:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/29/...ign-for-ios-7/

Influences:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/06/...han-skin-deep/

How do you like Windows Phone? The 5S is supposed to have fingerprint unlocking- which is a pretty cool feature if you're thinking about buying another iPhone, though gimmicky I know.

thanks, ill check those out. windows phone is quite awesome. i love the clean yet bold and elegant interface. initially thought that live tiles would grow old and boring to look at but they do serve the purpose of keeping everything up to date. i dont have many apps on it so i cant really speak how it is from a performance standpoint. learning curve is quick and its a simple OS to use. the carl zeiss lens produces some of the best results ive seen from a camera on a phone. never experience any lag or choppiness. battery life is never an issue. i think the only drawback is that its limited to 720p video recording. other than that, its a great alternative that wont break the bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
App drawer?
Like in the Galaxy S4 where you pull the tab to reveal a menu of more apps?
In iOS just push the home button twice.
no, i mean more along the lines of having a dedicated home screen where anything youre not using is stored away. i know you can put everything on one screen, but youre always left with other screens left to scroll to. and isnt the double tap there as more of a multi-task feature?

Perhaps you should stop responding. It's a no-win for you here. :dunno:
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #3844
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
how much for a iphone 5 screen?
PMd

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 05-10-2013 at 08:37 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #3845
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
On iOS7:

Very flat design:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/29/...ign-for-ios-7/

Influences:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/06/...han-skin-deep/

How do you like Windows Phone? The 5S is supposed to have fingerprint unlocking- which is a pretty cool feature if you're thinking about buying another iPhone, though gimmicky I know.

Sounds like the redesign is the main thing happening, while keeping functionality mostly the same to avoid introducing a new learning curve to "less tech savvy users."

Quote:
There is apparently no new learning curve in the same way there was no learning curve when the iPods went color. While iOS 7 does look different, its core apps and system fundamentals (like the Lock and Home screens) mostly operate in a similar fashion to how they do today.

9to5Mac says Apple's engineers are looking to add more at-a-glance information to iOS, while keeping the system easy to use for less tech-savvy customers. The article notes that Apple has looked at ideas to implement new panels with swipes from the left and the right of the screen, much like how the Notification Center currently drops from above.
At-a-glance information has already been added with Google Now lol. Maybe this means they will finally add widgets? Swipes from the left sounds like they like the Ubuntu mobile design.
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #3846
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
I don't like too many swipe gestures on a small screen. They're nice on a tablet, but not a phone.

We will have to wait and see on the redesign. I think it will be mostly aesthetic with some functional improvements. It's pretty clear that it'll be the biggest visual overhaul of iOS since it was released.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #3847
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
no, i mean more along the lines of having a dedicated home screen where anything youre not using is stored away. i know you can put everything on one screen, but youre always left with other screens left to scroll to. and isnt the double tap there as more of a multi-task feature?
You can create folders (I think that's what you call drawers) and organize all your apps any way you wish.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #3848
Five_seveN

looking to pick up an ip5 and switch between that and a razr m. going to have to get a nano sim from vzw, but does anyone have experience with adapters? going to need a nano > micro adapter, but not sure which to get

Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #3849
Five_seveN

Re: The Official iPhone 5 Thread

Nobody? Well, I guess it isn't popular to switch between these platforms. It's usually one or the other for most

Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #3850
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
BTW: If any of you need to have an iPhone screen repaired I do REALLY cheap work. I can do 3G,3GS,4G,4GS, and of course the 5.

Replacing a 4(s) or 4 rear glass is as easy as unscrewing the two screws and sliding it up.
you fux with iPad screens?

^Driving this car makes me a homosexual
2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #3851
BMWh0r3

My Ride: 325CIvic
The Official iPhone 5 Thread

My ipad survives my 3 year old daughter. How the hell do you do that?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #3852
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
The Official iPhone 5 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule View Post
That looks like the digitizers fine. On iPads you can just swap the glass for cheap. Really easy.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #3853
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
My iphone slipped out of my pocket while I was on the couch and landed on the screen...literally a 3 inch drop, I couldn't beliebe it cracked A case of Apple on Apple crime

^Driving this car makes me a homosexual
2 easy 2 make hp turbos

Last edited by Fergo; 05-17-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #3854
bry330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
My iphone slipped out of my pocket while I was on the couch and landed on the screen...literally a 3 inch drop, I couldn't beliebe it cracked A case of Apple on Apple crime
considering how careless you are, maybe you should invest on a case?
bry330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #3855
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_seveN View Post
looking to pick up an ip5 and switch between that and a razr m. going to have to get a nano sim from vzw, but does anyone have experience with adapters? going to need a nano > micro adapter, but not sure which to get
They work fine. Get one from Amazon for ~$2.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #3856
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
question for you guys... my iphone5 is taking pictures with a huge black dot in the corner of the picture/screen. I probably need to get the camera replaced, right? Is this something they will repair, or do I have to order a replacement phone from ATT?
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #3857
alphawhiskey

My Ride: Foxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe View Post
question for you guys... my iphone5 is taking pictures with a huge black dot in the corner of the picture/screen. I probably need to get the camera replaced, right? Is this something they will repair, or do I have to order a replacement phone from ATT?
Why go through ATT? Go to the Apple store. You can get a replacement on the spot.

Typically they don't fix those things. They are replaced, although Apple did announce they will offer fixes in the future (not sure on timeline).

I wouldn't go back to ATT unless they offered you a brand new phone (i.e. you are in the return window).
alphawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #3858
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
That was going to be my next question... will they give me a brand new phone or a refurb? I definitely don't want a refurb... Also, how do I protect all the content on my current phone?
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #3859
Five_seveN

Quote:
They work fine. Get one from Amazon for ~$2.
thanks picked up the iphone 5 tonight. so far, so good. sucks that some of my apps are on both ipad and iphone but you have to buy them for each platform

edit: i will say the finish on this phone is questionable. its only a few months old and has a lot of scratches on the coating

Last edited by Five_seveN; 05-22-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #3860
boostedisbetter

Quote:
Yes, PM me.