E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #1081
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
lol. I ain't hatin'--I have ios 6 installed. But to shirk off the issues they point out as simply being "bias" is pretty silly. I mean, they give you specific examples where the app doesn't read addresses correctly. lol
It just got released yesterday... Apparently everyone is doing some serious traveling today.

Apple has updates all the time, and they aren't perfect, they have issues with new releases just like when they released the 4 with the antenna issue. They fixed that though and I never even had a problem.

The maps app will be perfect, any Apple user knows that it will be. If you doubt that, then you don't have much trust in the product you bought-So sell it and get an Android phone.

Why do you Android fanboys keep coming back to this thread? Just leave if you don't like the positive things we are saying, learn to bite your tongue a bit.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 09-20-2012 at 01:56 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #1082
325inthe510

My Ride: 152ci of madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
It just got released yesterday... Apparently everyone is doing some serious traveling today.

Apple has updates all the time, and they aren't perfect, they have issues with new releases just like when they released the 4 with the antenna issue. They fixed that though and I never even had a problem.

The maps app will be perfect, any Apple user knows that it will be. If you doubt that, then you don't have much trust in the product you bought-So sell it and get an Android phone.
This delusion

325inthe510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #1083
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:

Why do you Android fanboys keep coming back to this thread? Just leave if you don't like the positive things we are saying, learn to bite your tounge a bit.
Reactions like this are really strange to me--it's as if I've insulted a religion or something I can use and enjoy a product while also understanding there may be shortcomings/bugs/etc. I'm sure they'll improve their 1.0 version of maps, but right now there are clear examples of where it falls short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 09-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.
ghorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #1084
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:

Why do you Android fanboys keep coming back to this thread? Just leave if you don't like the positive things we are saying, learn to bite your tounge a bit.
It won't be. They'll hold back some of the goodies for the iPhone 6. Possibly 6S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #1085
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
If apple was a religion, some of you would be the priests.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #1086
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Quote:
Here's the interesting thing... My order date says the 14th (which is right).

On AT&T Premiere, it says "preorder processing" on ATT.com's account page, it says "preorder processing" but also lists the ship date as 9/20 (though it doesn't say "shipped").

I spoke with an ATT rep who said that my order looks totally normal and, given that I ordered it at 8am friday the 14th, I should definitely be getting it tomorrow... but I haven't gotten any emails indicating such and it doesn't say "shipped' anywhere

You placed it on the 15th? Does it list the 15th on the web on your order? Did you print out an order confirmation (or get an email)? I got an email and printed my order confirmation page when I purchased on the 14th.. if you have those, fax it if needed to att and demand your phone.
Like I said previously about my order. I ordered an hour and 45 minutes after it was available and mine says it'll be shipped October 5th
Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1087
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Reactions like this are really strange to me--it's as if I've insulted a religion or something
I didnt see your post before mine but I was thinking the exact same thing.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #1088
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
And some would be the altar boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #1089
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Reactions like this are really strange to me--it's as if I've insulted a religion or something I can use and enjoy a product while also understanding there may be shortcomings/bugs/etc. I'm sure they'll improve their 1.0 version of maps, but right now there are clear examples of where it falls short.
it's all good man...he put me on his ignore list and got all emotional because i badmouthed some people going bat **** crazy over a phone. then some dude said i was an idiot for calling people out for their passion.....PASSION.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #1090
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
Quote:
Here's the interesting thing... My order date says the 14th (which is right).

On AT&T Premiere, it says "preorder processing" on ATT.com's account page, it says "preorder processing" but also lists the ship date as 9/20 (though it doesn't say "shipped").

I spoke with an ATT rep who said that my order looks totally normal and, given that I ordered it at 8am friday the 14th, I should definitely be getting it tomorrow... but I haven't gotten any emails indicating such and it doesn't say "shipped' anywhere

You placed it on the 15th? Does it list the 15th on the web on your order? Did you print out an order confirmation (or get an email)? I got an email and printed my order confirmation page when I purchased on the 14th.. if you have those, fax it if needed to att and demand your phone.
Ordered my phone as soon as the phone lines opened (online kept getting a glitch) on Friday the 14th. I got a confirmation hours later at about 1:30 pacific time. I called them and even spoke to a supervisor and they are claiming I accepted the terms and conditions on the 15, which is inaccurate. They said there is nothing they can do to speed up the order process, but that I can cancel my order if I wanted to. Some more

If it wasn't for my unlimited plan, I would switch from ATT in a heartbeat!
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #1091
Dcha

My Ride: Mkodama's sister
Send a message via AIM to Dcha
I think a lot of people are holding on to their unlimited for no reason. I use my phone quite a bit and don't make to even 1Gb monthly.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #1092
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
Old 09-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #1093
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
I think a lot of people are holding on to their unlimited for no reason. I use my phone quite a bit and don't make to even 1Gb monthly.
This. For months I was commuting to/from NYC on amtrak for work and would tether (jailbroken) my iphone.. even using it for web surfing, youtube watching, etc, I still wouldn't hit my 3 gig limit.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #1094
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
I don't even tether and I've gotten up and past 3GB. Podcasts, app updates, etc... I don't want to wait to get home to do that stuff.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #1095
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
It was a joke.
It went right over my head.

Quote:
I don't even tether and I've gotten up and past 3GB. Podcasts, app updates, etc... I don't want to wait to get home to do that stuff.
I got a text from ATT yesterday telling me that in order to tether I need to set up a plan. I wonder if they noticed my 4.5gb last month

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 09-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #1096
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
there's no way you'd hit that each month on just podcasts and app updates. what is the etc you are talking about? apps update every few months if that. are you listening to podcasts 24/7?
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #1097
Erikx559

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
Like I said previously about my order. I ordered an hour and 45 minutes after it was available and mine says it'll be shipped October 5th
Yup. If you didn't order within the hour of the release. Since they sold out the first batch within the hour, you won't be receiving the phone tomorrow.
Erikx559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #1098
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Is any short of praise of Apple "hatin'"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Knock off the personal attacks. Its a PHONE, relax.

Tim
Quote:
Reactions like this are really strange to me--it's as if I've insulted a religion or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
+9999999

jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #1099
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325inthe510 View Post
This delusion
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeee View Post
It won't be. They'll hold back some of the goodies for the iPhone 6. Possibly 6S.
Quoted so I can come back in a few months and say "nanee nanee boo boo" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro3000 View Post
+9999999

The hate continues for Jeffro, still hasn't left the thread he loves so much. As much as you guys hate on apple, you sure to spend a lot of time talking about it.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 09-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #1100
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Ordered mine at best buy. Supposed to be waiting for me tomorrow morning
I've learned in the past not to depend on AT&T for release phones like this. Its almost like they get the smallest first batch. In reality it's probably because they have the most orders.