E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #1261
jeffro3000

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
oh well, do the new droids, samsungs, etc look much different than their predecessors?

sent from my iPhone 6 beta using Bimmer app
Most of the time, yes. There are many many different designs, although not all of them good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
jeffro3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #1262
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Yeahhhh dudddeeee give it to your giiiiiirllllfriiiienndddddd

I would. But then my wife would be mad. Haha.

Jess will be happy with it. Plenty of advancements from her 4.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #1263
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post

well played sir

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #1264
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Don't mind me. I just found it funny that the solution to a lack of features in one device is to use another. I could almost see Apple use it in their marketing.
It's all good, my friend... no offense taken. I do see your point though about the humor of having an older device as a workaround. Apple should have given more thought about keeping the "iPod out" functionality.

Quote:

I had no idea you're married now, Curtis... congrats! Man, time does really fly.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel

Last edited by Navin323i; 09-21-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #1265
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
did they leave it at your door? i can't be home to sign for mine, so they better leave that biatch on the front stoop, so i can rush home and spend the rest of the day at work playing with my phone
are they leaving them at the door without signature? I'd like to come home to this.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #1266
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
are they leaving them at the door without signature? I'd like to come home to this.
So I spoke with FedEx and they said that the "typical" move for their delivery team is to leave packages on doorsteps if they feel that the item is safe. So it's really a judgement call on the delivery guy. That said, the FedEx person also told me that many FedEx groups are NOT leaving them on doorsteps even if they feel it's safe per a suggestion from Apple that this not be done.

Apparently Apple is worried that scumbags are going to be driving through densely populated cities looking for brick sized boxes on doorsteps... can't say I blame them given the roughly $1000 these phones are fetching on eBay.

Regardless, you CAN'T have FedEx redirect the delivery to a local FedEx Kinkos until AFTER their first delivery attempt. So, if you come home tonight to a "sorry we missed you" tag, you can call FedEx and have them just send it to a local 24/7 Kinkos/FedEx outfit so that you don't have to spend all day tomorrow waiting at home for your newest gizmo.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #1267
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
It's all good, my friend... no offense taken. I do see your point though about the humor of having an older device as a workaround. Apple should have given more thought about keeping the "iPod out" functionality.

I had no idea you're married now, Curtis... congrats! Man, time does really fly.
Yup. Had our two year anniversary in July.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1268
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
wait a minute...so all these promises and times we spent together were a lie. You've been married this whole time?
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1269
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
If you ordered it at 8am, you aren't getting it until October.

The launch date pre-order shipments sold out in an hour on Apple's site and in 2-3hrs on the carrier sites.
To this guy, my inbox and FedEx say otherwise

Curtis, we still have to do our double date so you can meet fitness chicka and fill her in on how body pump kicked yo butt

Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #1270
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
Will you still be able to get audio through that connector? Or is the only way to get audio now through the earbuds jack?
Sorry I missed your question here earlier. From that same PC Mag article I linked to you all earlier, here are the audio options that I understood from that article:

1) To get your iPhone 5 audio music to work with existing accessories you may currently own (i.e. speakers, iHome, etc.), you will need to buy one of Apple's 2 adapters (i.e. lightning to 30-pin adapter, the more expensive of which comes with the 7.8 inch wire to fit your adapter into an accessory with a tighter docking port) or wait for the cheaper 3rd party adapters to come out.

2) If you don't want the adapters then you'll need to buy lightning compatible accessories though it's still early and not a whole lot of audio accessories are currently available.

3) Bluetooth audio accessories are always a viable option.

Navin

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1271
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Navin.. I ordered 3 of these.. think they will maintain ipod out controls?

http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adap...htning+adapter

If not, i could always use bluetooth to stream the audio or, as you suggested, use my old ipod. I'm giving my iphone4 to the gf

Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1272
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
So I spoke with FedEx and they said that the "typical" move for their delivery team is to leave packages on doorsteps if they feel that the item is safe. So it's really a judgement call on the delivery guy. That said, the FedEx person also told me that many FedEx groups are NOT leaving them on doorsteps even if they feel it's safe per a suggestion from Apple that this not be done.

Apparently Apple is worried that scumbags are going to be driving through densely populated cities looking for brick sized boxes on doorsteps... can't say I blame them given the roughly $1000 these phones are fetching on eBay.

Regardless, you CAN'T have FedEx redirect the delivery to a local FedEx Kinkos until AFTER their first delivery attempt. So, if you come home tonight to a "sorry we missed you" tag, you can call FedEx and have them just send it to a local 24/7 Kinkos/FedEx outfit so that you don't have to spend all day tomorrow waiting at home for your newest gizmo.
I have an easier option for you, Chase. I just had a FedEx shipment arrive at my house about a week ago. I missed the 1st delivery attempt and simply had to sign the delivery attempt notice they left me giving them my authorization to leave the package on my doorstep, stick it back on my door, and the FedEx guy left the shipment on my doorstep the next day. No need to call FedEx at all.

Quote:
Man... I think when I first met you I believe you were in high school... now you're married. I feel so old, lol.

Congrats on 2 years!! I just had my 10 year anniversary a few months ago... what a blessing to be married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
wait a minute...so all these promises and times we spent together were a lie. You've been married this whole time?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #1273
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Navin, you're the man We still need to grab drinks soon... you going to import alliance sunday? http://importalliance.org/?page_id=21

Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1274
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Navin.. I ordered 3 of these.. think they will maintain ipod out controls?

http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adap...htning+adapter

If not, i could always use bluetooth to stream the audio or, as you suggested, use my old ipod. I'm giving my iphone4 to the gf
Definitely not... most of these 3rd party folks simply copy the functionality of the genuine apple products so I'd bet that the 3rd party adapters would behave identical to their Apple-branded counterparts.

You do raise an interesting point... it would be great if a 3rd party company could improve on the lightning adapter's design to allow "iPod out" if that's even possible to do.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #1275
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

Quote:
Navin, you're the man We still need to grab drinks soon... you going to import alliance sunday? http://importalliance.org/?page_id=21
Anytime, my friend... happy to help! I have plans for sunday already and my saturdays are now devoted to me coaching my daughter at her soccer games. You'll have to let me know how the import alliance meet goes (I'm assuming you're going?)

Old 09-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #1276
scott0482

My Ride: 2001 530i
Send a message via AIM to scott0482
Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #1277
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

thanks man. This makes perfect sense. I live in a very quite neighborhood so I'm hoping it's there.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #1278
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I like my Droid.. works for me very well. Maybe ill buy the 5s next year when I have a contract up again

Amazon is paying $221 for good condition iPhone 4 16gbs right now btw and they send you a free shipping label. Damn good deal IMO.
Which motorola droid do u have ?

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1279
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
it would be great if a 3rd party company could improve on the lightning adapter's design to allow "iPod out" if that's even possible to do.
I think it's more a function of apple not designing the port with that capability more so than them leaving it out of the adapter. They wanted to save space so they removed what they believed to be extraneous functions.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #1280
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
So anyone know when I will be able to walk in a store and buy one?

Obviously wasn't waiting in line today, was just curious as to when stores will be restocked.