E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #121
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Of course you're not phased by what I have to say. That's the beauty of being a narcissist.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #122
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Sorry. Going to call bs. There is no square inch in this country where there is no supermarket that sells normal food. It doesn't say in the constitution that people need to eat out. They are free to make their own lunch at home.
Please come visit south side Chicago and see it first hand. You're ignorant of the reality of food availability. I can drive you to areas like I described.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #123
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Of course you're not phased by what I have to say. That's the beauty of being a narcissist.
Why would I possibly care about the opinion of a troll? I don't think you have EVER said anything remotely positive about anything I have posted... reason being, you dislike my political views. I'm sorry but anyone who is unable to put that stuff aside and treat those with opposing views with reasonable levels of respect isn't worth concerning myself with.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #124
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Spare me the hippie bs. Health education? Another liberal money wasting crock. Like people don't know that McDonald's and a 64oz coke isn't good for them. Spare me.
And if I told you BILLIONS of dollars of health issues were avoidable through health education? Because it is.

The average person is dangerously ignorant of nutrition.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:00 AM   #125
kaput
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Carlisle, PA
Posts: 748
My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
And if I told you BILLIONS of dollars of health issues were avoidable through health education? Because it is.

The average person is dangerously ignorant of nutrition.
And we live in a country where you are allowed to be ignorant and do as you will. Your argument is invalid.
__________________

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #126
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
And if I told you BILLIONS of dollars of health issues were avoidable through health education? Because it is.

The average person is dangerously ignorant of nutrition.
I agree with this. The question becomes "Is it the government's responsibility to control the masses in order to protect them from themselves"?

I say no. Let people live their lives as they'd like. If you want to become a fatty and don't have the willpower to make a better life for yourselves, eat all you want... sit as much as you want.. do as little as you please... just don't turn to me and expect me to cover the costs of your healthcare operations.

This is the problem with the nanny state... if you want it to care for your needs (healthcare for example) you can't expect them to not control how you live your life.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #127
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Why would I possibly care about the opinion of a troll? I don't think you have EVER said anything remotely positive about anything I have posted... reason being, you dislike my political views. I'm sorry but anyone who is unable to put that stuff aside and treat those with opposing views with reasonable levels of respect isn't worth concerning myself with.
i don't necessarily agree or disagree with your political views , but i'll still poke fun.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #128
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i don't necessarily agree or disagree with your political views , but i'll still poke fun.
Poking fun is totally fine... trolling and just constant harassment is another (CINL's modus operandi)
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #129
accolade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: LI
Posts: 201
My Ride: O||||||O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
And if I told you BILLIONS of dollars of health issues were avoidable through health education? Because it is.

The average person is dangerously ignorant of nutrition.
Because they choose to be, it's as simple as that. People selectively ignore what they don't want to hear, then claim ignorance down the road.

Put a warning label on it so that you can at least say "I told you so."
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #130
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by accolade View Post
Because they choose to be, it's as simple as that. People selectively ignore what they don't want to hear, then claim ignorance down the road.

Put a warning label on it so that you can at least say "I told you so."
This..


It's easier to claim "oh I didn't know" and "it's their fault" than it is to sit back and admit "I chose this".
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #131
casino is no lie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CDT
Posts: 76
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Why would I possibly care about the opinion of a troll? I don't think you have EVER said anything remotely positive about anything I have posted... reason being, you dislike my political views.
Yea, that's the reason.

It has nothing to do with the fact that if I were to accidently brush up against you'd I'd probably get a papercut.
__________________
casino is no lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #132
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by casino is no lie View Post
Yea, that's the reason.

It has nothing to do with the fact that if I were to accidently brush up against you'd I'd probably get a papercut.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #133
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Please come visit south side Chicago and see it first hand. You're ignorant of the reality of food availability. I can drive you to areas like I described.
Again BS. There are plenty of soup kitchens all around the country. Hell, restaurants get a tax write off when they donate to organizations like City Harvest.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #134
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
And if I told you BILLIONS of dollars of health issues were avoidable through health education? Because it is.

The average person is dangerously ignorant of nutrition.
While I can agree that most people are ignorant of nutrition say on your level, there are no people that "KNOW" french fries and triple bacon cheeseburgers are good for them. Either you claim the majority of the population are mentally challenged (even those with brain disorders probably know lettuce is healthier than a cheesesteak) or you are just arguing for the sake of argument. People know what is healthy and what is not. The CHOICE however, is very different. Mcdonalds is cheaper than getting an organic salad with organic grilled chicken from the local deli. So yes, income has to do with the subject, but in the store, vegetables are not more expensive than prepared crap. I do the food shopping in my house, so I know how much things cost. A head of iceberg lettuce and raw whole chicken can be had for cheap. Tyson frozen chicken nuggets on the other hand are not. The reason why people feed this crap to their kids is laziness. Cooking for a family is hard work, and most don't want to do it. Hell, I don't know any women under the age of 35 today that know how to cook. Feminism FTW.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #135
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Again BS. There are plenty of soup kitchens all around the country. Hell, restaurants get a tax write off when they donate to organizations like City Harvest.
We weren't discussing soup kitchens. We were discussing grocery stores and availability. And you're free to disagree with me on the available of food in certain areas, but you're simply wrong.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #136
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
While I can agree that most people are ignorant of nutrition say on your level, there are no people that "KNOW" french fries and triple bacon cheeseburgers are good for them. Either you claim the majority of the population are mentally challenged (even those with brain disorders probably know lettuce is healthier than a cheesesteak) or you are just arguing for the sake of argument. People know what is healthy and what is not. The CHOICE however, is very different. Mcdonalds is cheaper than getting an organic salad with organic grilled chicken from the local deli. So yes, income has to do with the subject, but in the store, vegetables are not more expensive than prepared crap. I do the food shopping in my house, so I know how much things cost. A head of iceberg lettuce and raw whole chicken can be had for cheap. Tyson frozen chicken nuggets on the other hand are not. The reason why people feed this crap to their kids is laziness. Cooking for a family is hard work, and most don't want to do it. Hell, I don't know any women under the age of 35 today that know how to cook. Feminism FTW.
The funny this is that you keep portraying our country as this wild west where people live and die by their own decisions and the government has no say. That's simply not reality. The government doesn't trust us to save enough for retirement so they make us put money in social security. And guess what - most people WON'T save enough without being forced to. And like it or not, we've reached that point with food. Do most people know saving for tomorrow is smarter than spending today? Yes, the same way they know potatoes are healthier than French fries. But here in the real world, people make bad decisions and the key thing to remember is that my idea is backed by precedent and yours isn't.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #137
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,025
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
The funny this is that you keep portraying our country as this wild west where people live and die by their own decisions and the government has no say. That's simply not reality. The government doesn't trust us to save enough for retirement so they make us put money in social security. And guess what - most people WON'T save enough without being forced to. And like it or not, we've reached that point with food. Do most people know saving for tomorrow is smarter than spending today? Yes, the same way they know potatoes are healthier than French fries. But here in the real world, people make bad decisions and the key thing to remember is that my idea is backed by precedent and yours isn't.
So is your theory that the government should dictate our lives to ensure that people "live better"? If so, why not have the government ration foods, mandate exercise periods, and turn off electricity to homes to ensure people are getting 8 hours of sleep? At what point do you draw a line in the name of personal liberties?

Why shouldn't Bob be allowed to get as fat as he like, smoke as much as he'd please, and do as little exercise as he can? So long as he is required to deal with the ramifications (and pay for them), I"m all for it.

FWIW, those same institutions that are suposed to be helping (SS for example) are all going belly up because they are unsustainable and politicians keep dipping their hands into those "savings accounts" to pay for other schemes aimed at buying them votes.

Simply playing devil's advocate.
__________________

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze

Last edited by 2000_328CI; 09-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #138
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 893
My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
The funny this is that you keep portraying our country as this wild west where people live and die by their own decisions and the government has no say. That's simply not reality. The government doesn't trust us to save enough for retirement so they make us put money in social security. And guess what - most people WON'T save enough without being forced to. And like it or not, we've reached that point with food. Do most people know saving for tomorrow is smarter than spending today? Yes, the same way they know potatoes are healthier than French fries. But here in the real world, people make bad decisions and the key thing to remember is that my idea is backed by precedent and yours isn't.
So does that make your idea "correct?" Is social security the "correct" solution to a problem you describe? The government basically tells people "don't bother saving, we'll pay for you to live your last years." You think that is a good solution?
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #139
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,870
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm 100% behind you chase...everything you've said is bang-on.

It is not the duty of the US Federal, State, or Local governments to dictate how free Americans live their lives. What they eat, read, express, listen to, watch, write, drink, etc. is all protected by the US constitution. The government has become too big and bloated, entering and interfering in the lives of Americans in ridiculous ways. This soda thing is absolutely laughable, but I have to say that if people are so outraged about it, they ave to deal with it. I have no idea why Bloomberg is still in office. If the people of NYC don't like his policies, they should have elected someone else and thrown his ass out. He's an asshat. Guilliani was an absolute saint.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #140
dreamdrivedrift
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ithaca, NY --> Baltimore, MD
Posts: 6,469
My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Please come visit south side Chicago and see it first hand. You're ignorant of the reality of food availability. I can drive you to areas like I described.
+1, west Baltimore is even worse from what I've heard.
__________________
Chris
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use