E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
Question iTouch/iPhone Mounting Suggestions with Dynavin D99

Hey folks, those of you that already have the D99 installed in your car, where and how are you mounting your ipod/Touch? Is it in the glove box, by the HVAC ashtray, in the armrest console or other...?

If you have it in the armrest console, was it hard to route the ipod connector up through the hinge?

If you have any pictures of your setup it would be greatly appreciated.

I was reviewing my install and it was mentioned it would be hard to get it to the armrest box. I was thinking the glove box as an alternative... Is there any reasons why I don't want it there?

In my E36 the iPod is in the glove box, however it's controlled with an Alpine iDA-X305S, which does a good job of control. I thought I read somewhere the D99 does not navigate some items/menus as well, subsequently you want to just use the ipod for some controls... Is that correct or even do able?

I was thinking an other option was the Bavarian SoundWerks Ipod mounting dock, connected up to the usb cable to the D99 using the ashtray area. Its clean however at $159, its a bit pricey if there are better alternatives available.

ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
ViperZ

Okay, with no suggestions or recommendations I'll have one USB port mounted in the ashtray, and the other one in the glove box The GPS antenna will be placed in the center of the dash by the windshield and the mic will be placed by the rear view mirror.

I had purchased the backup camer, then thought I was not going to install it. I have changed my mind and will have it installed.

I was going to install all this myself and take photos, however due me traveling to China for 3 weeks next week, I decided to just have it installed at a local installer. This will give me 3 days to play with it at least.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
ViperZ

I think I'll have the GPS antenna mounted under the hood vent as I've read this is a good location.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
ViperZ

The system was installed today. The backup camera wasn't installed. The GPS antenna was placed under the dash, and seems to work well. The BT mice was placed int he stock location, a few phone calls seems to indicate it's working okay... Although it was said I sounded slightly distant.

Lots to learn int he set up and Nav menus, and I hope to get a few issue ironed out.

Here are some photos.