E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
navy_guy

My Ride: BMW 318i E46
Hi mate, I recently purchased the US Spec dock and the sound is just great! I cannot find any fault what soever, that's me anyway
Cheers
Mat
navy_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #42
BrownEye

My Ride: 318i
What about purchasing Dynavin from Umnitza? Has anybody done this? They offer Aus maps and everything
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
Chewy

My Ride: '03 LSB M3 Vert SMG

Last edited by Chewy; 12-01-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #44
Charleyse46

My Ride: 01 convertible
Have now fitted the Dynavin unit from In car media, awsome communication, quality is up there, no alternator noise, and back up service is amazing. (No i don't work for them), dont mess with the cheap rubbish, Dynavin operates faster and easier, Nav is superior, picture is better, sound is good. Wish I had done this earlier. All my steering wheel controls and On Board Computer work.
Charleyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #45
willy3000

My Ride: BMW 2001 E46 320ci
How did you get rid of the alternator noise? Is that only heard when using iPod?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
willy3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #46
Alpine

My Ride: 2002 E46 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleyse46 View Post
Have now fitted the Dynavin unit from In car media, awsome communication, quality is up there, no alternator noise, and back up service is amazing. (No i don't work for them), dont mess with the cheap rubbish, Dynavin operates faster and easier, Nav is superior, picture is better, sound is good. Wish I had done this earlier. All my steering wheel controls and On Board Computer work.
How did you get the steering wheel controls to work? Did you use a FAKRA cable? Does this also enable radio reception? I currently have a Dynavin but it doesn't receive radio and my steering wheel buttons don't work. Seems this mysterious FAKRA cable is the missing link I need to enable these two items. Would any car stereo shop be able to source and fit this for me?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #47
Charleyse46

My Ride: 01 convertible
The alternator noise was only in the ebay $460 stereo not the dynavin. I have not noticed any noise through the ipod connection. An Incarmedia technician fixed it with one wire, he mentioned the FARKA cable but my car did not need it being a 2001 model. He is a great bloke, his deatails are on the Dynavin web sight, I wont post them here. My OBC and steering wheel controls now both work. Some cars have connections in the rear and need that cable. My car had a factory BMW Alpine unit with 2 small plugs at the front.

Last edited by Charleyse46; 12-02-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Charleyse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #48
betik

My Ride: BMW 05 E46 318i
the service is good the unit just would not work in my car he gave me a refund so it all turned out well!
betik is offline   Reply With Quote