E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
M3JetBlack

My Ride: 2002 M3
Repair Shops in Tacoma?

What repair shops do you guys recommend in Tacoma? I will need some work done soon but i want a shop that knows what they are doing

Has anyone gone to Pacific Motor Company in Tacoma?

Thanks!

Kinesis Wheels / BC Coils / Rogue El Diablo / SuperSprint / CPI / Vorsteiner / ESS

Instagram: @somuchcalitis
M3JetBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
vtn86

My Ride: E46 M3
What kind of repair?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
M3JetBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtn86 View Post
What kind of repair?
Good Question! Just basic fixes and changes. Such as body repairs (Door dings, etc) and a shop that could install new bumpers (MTech 2). Any ideas? Pacific Motors said they are not comfortable with aftermarket parts so they will want to order the OEM Mtech II bumpers :-/

Kinesis Wheels / BC Coils / Rogue El Diablo / SuperSprint / CPI / Vorsteiner / ESS

Old 09-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
vtn86

I think any shop will tell you most aftermarket is whack. It always takes custom work to get them to fit, and even then its not perfect. In any case, I go strictly to Five Star Autobody on South Tacoma Way. My friend owns the shop and he does excellent work. Just say Vu sent you that direction and he usually gives a discount one way or another.

He has a few cars at his shop that he's fitted aftermarket bumpers on, that'll give you an idea of what he's capable of.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
M3JetBlack

Thanks! I will check it out tomorrow or monday. I understand the part about aftermarket parts not always fitting perfectly, but it seems like every shop wont even touch them. So i will see what the shop you suggested has to say

Old 09-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
vtn86

They usually won't touch them because they're usually crap quality. Lots of times it takes far too much effort to make fit right to justify the labor that would go into it.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
M3JetBlack

Quote:
They usually won't touch them because they're usually crap quality. Lots of times it takes far too much effort to make fit right to justify the labor that would go into it.
Im visiting your friends shop tomorrow. I was involved in a brain injury this weekend...so i am really out of it.

Check out the article. I made the news . http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...at-harborview/

Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #8
vtn86

Holy ****! Hope you're okay bud!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
M3JetBlack

Quote:
Holy ****! Hope you're okay bud!
Im fine. Just need a long recovery. I cant work, go to school, barely walk (look like i am drunk), and the worst part is i cant drive for a few weeks

I will recover 100% according to the doctor. I was bleeding behind my left ear on the inner side so it throws off my balance completely. Its amazing how much your ears have to do with balance, so protect them you guys!

Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
M3JetBlack

Thanks for all the suggestions. While i was recovering (couldn't drive), i sent my car to Pacific Motors. They did awesome work for a fair price. Its a little more expensive...but you get high quality work!

Anyways, thanks again! Pics coming soon if anyone is interested in their work

Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #11
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Glad you're okay and the work turned out good. You couldn't have gone to a better facility for trauma care.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is offline   Reply With Quote