E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
the_edsta

My Ride: 03 330i
Not much on the newer RCR LED Tails...

I haven't seen much about these r/c/r depo led tails. I know they are newer, but I'm just wondering if anyone has run them for a while. I've read that the Red/clear depo leds had some issues... but people all seem to like the r/c/r halogen depo tails. I suppose I was hoping these would be the best of both worlds, but some input would be helpful...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-03-04-05-...058a78&vxp=mtr
the_edsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
MojoJoe

My Ride: leaks fluids
Hmm, not sure about those. Where is the fog light? The indicators are still incandescent and they generally look a bit odd.
MojoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
the_edsta

Don't all the LED tails have halogen turn signals? I think they might...

I'll end up just getting LED bulbs for those like I did my clear corners.

"Rear fogs" is likely a eurpean phrase... reverse lights? If so, they are halogen as well on the clear portion of the inside light...

I also did find out that Khoalty does still sell these, only listed under the other LED tails as an option. I feel better about ordering them from Khoalty as it is more likely they will stand by their product...
the_edsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
MojoJoe

By the fog light I mean the bright red light that is on the right side inner section that stops people from crashing into you in poor visibility conditions - it sounds like it is not a legal requirement in your region. But as for the turn signals, original BMW and 'Eagle Eye' aftermarket sets use LEDs.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #5
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Even on the eagle eye led tails the rear fog light is still halogen. There will probably be a problem running led fogs facing the rear.

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
MojoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Even on the eagle eye led tails the rear fog light is still halogen. There will probably be a problem running led fogs facing the rear.
I wasn't meaning that the rear fog light should be LED, just that I would have thought that there should be one of some description - which there doesn't appear to be.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
Bandit4077

My Ride: 330i SuperVeloce
these are awesome! heard tell that they were available for a little while, was banking on it, in fact. still had ambers in the back because i couldn't decide on LED brightness or RCR looks. now i know, and it really is the best of both worlds... rcr LEDS are the way to go... ask the dudes at Khoalty if you have any questions, Solidjake seems to think that the rear fogs would cause problems from what i hear he knows his lights! gonna test out some LEDs in the fogs for everyone... maybe in the next 2 weeks.

its the feeling you get when you realized that you have put more money into mods and repairs than have on payments...
Bandit4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
We have them here: http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46-led-t...ghts-depo.html

The reviews we've received on them are very favorable
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
ModBargains IV
Sponsor

My Ride: E90 335i, Honda Fit
I just installed these on my friends sedan and it came out great! Super easy to install and everything fits perfectly. It really gives your car a modern look and gives it a sporty look in the rear:

We got these in stock, so let me know if I can ship one out for you right away.

-Frank

We Specialize In: BMW Rims | BMW Tail Lights | BMW Exhaust | Remus Exhaust | Injen Intake | KW Suspension
Frank Kim | Frank@Modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext 8003
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-6:00PM, Saturday 8:00AM-5:00PM (PST)
| Our Blog
ModBargains IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
k33psp00lin

Do these include the interior trunk plate/light? I ordered a set and it had none.
k33psp00lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #11
Bandit4077

leds in the reverse lights/ rear fogs produced a bulb out light left side, but not right, Hmmm... the bulbs work instantly, and are bright, but i don't know why it's only on one side... not enough resistance? will have to keep working on it.

its the feeling you get when you realized that you have put more money into mods and repairs than have on payments...
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #12
Bandit4077

Ok replaced with CREE leds reversers. Blindingly bright, best reverse solution ever! backing up in pitch black is no problem, can see perfectly, no bulb errors. get them! with lrd turn signals, you need the resistors, they're cheap, like 5 bucks, and work great. amber for the states.