E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Best way to clean rims???

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Manny330 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up fellas. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or what's the best OTC product to clean up some wheels. There's some tuff grime/dirt/brake dust caked on the wheels, particularly the bolts (3 piece wheels) that wont come off by straight water/wash mitt. Should I use hot water? simple green? WD 40? etc... Any tips would be great TIA.

#4 ·
With the wheels in your sig pic I'd def recommend something pH neutral to be on the safe side. I'm not sure what may be available locally for this task.

If you're willing to order online the SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect is my recommendation. This cleaner is pH neutral but still highly effective! Check out this article read more about it - http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/product-review-sonax-wheel-cleaner-full-effect/.

Get FREE s/h with the code DI FREE on purchases over $149, or get $4.99 s/h on purchases over $49 with the code DI499. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.